GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 4 : Out for a Sunday Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
T1 37.614
T2 19.704

T1 37.697
T2 19.623

Wonders If I can do one lap with a combination of my best splits, Would be nice but my chances of winning the lottery are probably higher.

I've just submitted the qualifier to vaxen. Can I run this?

You have to wait until you have been accepted onto the registry before you can enter the WRS. There is nothing stopping you practicing any combo though, just keep your times to yourself if you do.

I see Ash32 (Ian) has replied to your question, but in the past other members have taken part in WRS after submitting their qualification time to Admin.

Maybe your best approach would be a PM to a member of Admin, to see if it’s ok to participate would be a better thing to do, horse’s mouth and all that.

Maybe you could also update your signature to with
WRS Div??? | Controller | Pal / ntsc

Hope this is helpful. Let the force be with you young Luke

Phillip.

Mustang71429CJ
Lefty and Reverend,
Sorry I was not able to get in any smack talk yesterday. Work kept me very busy. I was able to run some laps late last night. Although I did not get better T1/T2 splits I did improve my T3. I will try to get in some good ole smack talk over the weekend.

I got about an hour in last night. For the first half I was wondering why my times were so slow, as it happens I forgot to change my tires, *pause for applause* by the time I sorted that out I was in no mood to keep the car off the grass, thus no smack outta me this morning. Maybe I'll get some free time this weekend. Cheers!

T1: 37.299
t2: 19.387

T1: 37.183
T2: 19.240

Seen as low as 37.049 t1 but significant improvement at the line:)

Last edited:

Yah.... another Shifter....... cool, I wonder which div you'll be in? Can't wait to see another name I know on the board :)

T1: 37.511
T2: 19.327

:banghead:

All right "millross" or should I call you by your alias Mr. "Insatiable" I want you to slow down right now and stop this speeding or else the next ticket will mean jail time........lol

istockphoto_7072136-police-officer-giving-traffic-ticket.jpg

and I'm keeping an eye on you too Addd..... :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Needed a break from the Academy, so i was running two hours this combo. 👍

....but last corner....:yuck:

I think i will try tomorrow once more. :)

First and probably only splits, just under an hour. Stuffed the last hairpin really bad, like .3-.4 slow :grumpy::

Jerome

I'm not disappointed I'm not div3 bronze like the other two shifters. I was hoping for division 4 gold and I didn't think I would get it because I really didn't like the qualifier, I just felt slow in it.
Anyways I've got some very slow splits after about 10 laps. I will do some more lapping in a bit.

I'm after you lefty.:lol:

Edit:Well that was embarrasing.:lol:
I'm bottom of the leaderboards.:lol:
Better get a move on.

Last edited:
Yes akmuq im now in Division 4 gold but. Started the week 4 Competition today and my times are not awesome better than yours^^

0:37,825
0:21,636

To apologize this crappy times i have to say that i was not play with my usuall wheel (DFGT) i was playing with the DS3 controller
The 1st split is not so bad but holymoly the 2nd was just horrible
But i think with my wheel tomorrow i can do it better.

T1: 38.003
T2: 19.984

Slight drop in T2.....but better T1, T3 and total time. Might give it another try later tonight.

Here's my fastest and I'll pick up where I left off in the morning.👍

I've got into the 19s in sector two but I haven't strung a perfect lap yet.

New splits

T1: 37.577
T2: 19.472

Don't think there is much more to come, but I will try.

Absolutely the final splits...... i won't duplicate that first sector ever again, and the T3 was pretty good. Lost a small bit to my previous PB to the line, but still up over .15 at the checkered flag. If any Div 2 Guys get me in the final results, congratulations in advance as you've bought out the best and worst in me... as the last 2 hrs spent on this have been the hardest challenge i've ever experienced in GT5 and tested my anger management skills to the extreme!!

T1: 37.020
T2: 19.306

First submission for the WRS. It's quite humbling that I got into one of the lower divisions (I'm much better than all my friends IRL :lol:)

T1:38.341
T2:20.046

Gonna see if I can get any lower..

If I could have my theoretical fastest time, I could jump littlelefty and racecar. I know what I need to do.

By the way: how is it possible to get 37 flat and even a 36.9 in sector 1?

Anyone have any tips for the hairpins? I'm locking up at them and I want to know the fastest way through and which carries bigger speed on the straight.

Ok - the left-right flick JUST after the first split time and before the 180 degree turn that leads to split 2 - how much grass on the right can you take on exit? I ran a lap where I didn't make contact with the barriers on the right, but when I watched the replay the left-side of the car was barely making contact with the track. Both wheels were still on the track and in line with the track, but MOST of the car wasn't.

It felt dirty and I can't have 2 DQs in 2 events entered so I doubt ill submit it, but interested to see what comments people have about the exit of that section!

Sorry Lefty - I'll run some more laps with the battery off so I'm a bit slower :)
Don't think it'll be long before I'm revisiting this - surely you guys can't let a newcomer top the division - I'm barely out of nappies ;) ;)

millross
Ok - the left-right flick JUST after the first split time and before the 180 degree turn that leads to split 2 - how much grass on the right can you take on exit? I ran a lap where I didn't make contact with the barriers on the right, but when I watched the replay the left-side of the car was barely making contact with the track. Both wheels were still on the track and in line with the track, but MOST of the car wasn't.

It felt dirty and I can't have 2 DQs in 2 events entered so I doubt ill submit it, but interested to see what comments people have about the exit of that section!

Sorry Lefty - I'll run some more laps with the battery off so I'm a bit slower :)
Don't think it'll be long before I'm revisiting this - surely you guys can't let a newcomer top the division - I'm barely out of nappies ;) ;)

As long as at least 2 wheels have some contact with the rumble strip, I can't see an issue with it to be honest......

Check the replay and see if you have the two left wheels(exit right?) and see if they're on the rumble strips. Maybe upload a picture here and we can judge if dirty or not.

First hour session on this fun combo has netted the following result.
It's too bad the battery runs out as I could just keep doing lap after lap, but restarting is not all that bad.

Looking forward to more this afternoon.

Absolutely the final splits...... last 2 hrs spent on this have been the hardest challenge i've ever experienced in GT5 and tested my anger management skills to the extreme!!

Great times Steve 👍

Phillip.

Back