GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 69 : Summer of '69

• Thread starter EDK
  • 204 comments
Usual Suspect
Another advice, don't let the leadboard fool you, sometimes we try to hard to be well placed in it but forget the last sector :sly: and in the end what really matters is the final time.

Hey Joao, were you looking at me when you said that? :lol:

Last edited:

Crushed....but I think I can do better. Chris's setup is better than mine, but I prefer my gears. So this was done with exactly that hybrid setup, except I used 3/8 + ABS 9 and I have Active Steering on Strong - can't kick the habit......

On this lap though, for some reason, I lost .050 (5 hundredths) in sector 5. It's nothing to do with oil 'cos I just changed it. I think I must have upshifted too early or I'm getting the line wrong - I was hitting 187mph WAY before the line, but now I'm not even hitting 187..... so yeah, I'm gonna go and do better :D

Edit: Hmm, still behind Baron...back to racing!

Edit 2:

Turn 1 was the best I've ever done it, but the next two hairpins were just slightly off. Bus stop wasn't quite as quick but I gained more in T5 due to better gear changes and line. Still the potential there for a little more....getting tough.

Last edited:
So I was struggling to get below 1'06.2 and then I changed brake bias to 3/7 and voila.

Last edited:
Just mounted my new playseat, took some time to fully set it up. Used this new tt to try everything out. Car not broken in yet, using the setup of Chris.

First session (24 laps)

This addaptation of my race position behind the wheel will take some time to get used to, so fellow Div4 drivers, no medals for me the following tt's :)

OK, I was finally able to get some decent times after trying one of the setups mentioned earlier. Still need to find a few tenths here and there, but the first sector is what's getting me the worst right now:

New times after a couple of laps:

Managed to finally find a bit of time in sector one, plus a little bit better bus stop certainly didn't hurt :-)

Last edited:
Unbelievable, this track... :rolleyes:

It only gets worse, and when you found those tenths you will see that other sectors can be done even faster, and on and on :crazy:
True as I knew this to be already, it never fails to amaze me each time it happens... :crazy:

Before tonight, I was looking for 0.2, possibly 0.3. After the hour session I just did, I've gone 0.1 quicker over the lap but am looking for another 0.5 on best sectors. :nervous:

Best sectors are now 27.968 1st, 23.813 2nd, 13.719 3rd and I've done the bus-stop 0.25(ish) quicker than my fastest lap. I don't think I'll ever nail it all together but I'm pushing for another 0.2 I think... if my nerves hold out.

Last edited:
Arianrhod
My apologies :sly: I didn't think anyone else would be using raspberry red pearl - its not a problem is it? I paint most of my cars this colour with white wheels and the rest are either iris red pearl (which is basically pink) or cosmos purple. :P And 7 is my lucky number (of course) so I figured 77 would be a good bet for extra luck through the bus stop. :P

Not at all; it's not like I publicly called dibs on either, I was just struck by the coincidence. Also, mine is actually the Burgundy Metallic I bought it in pre-RM dealership, I just didn't pick the difference from the photo.

I'm very fond of Berry Pearl Effect, but I've been trying to not over-use it.... (had it on the Alfa TZ2 for a league season).

Damn that's one frustrating chicane at the end. Lost many a good laps over there.

Using Kevin's tune (as always :cheers:), with 5/9 BB (for a tiny bit shorter stopping distance), and 10/20/5 LSD setting (the 5 helps me turn the car better as I'm not very aggressive on the steering wheel).

Still in the process of breaking this in. I forgot to post the splits from my first session a few days ago, so I'll do that once this current B-Spec race is finished.

Looks like a really great week and a really cool looking car and 3 tunes posted and alot of advice being given...yeah reminds me of the good old WRS days.

Sorry Im missing this one but still doing the dirt seasonal, doing well, hope to keep doing so.

Curious where are the D2 DS3 drivers? I only saw one DS3 driver on the leaderboard!?

If I was good enough to do 2 TTs well at the same time I would do this one for sure..that car looks so awesome.

I better just go before I think I can try just one lap, what would it hurt?:lol:

Agreed, Matt, he's gone nuts. :crazy:

I was about to say "Screw you, bus stop, I'll walk home!", but then finally got a good lap, although some wheelspin in T3 was a little unfortunate.

Some splits from me.;)

Still a bit more to come, at least two tenths, most of that in T2 if I can just get it right for a full lap but that's easier said than done.:sly:

New splits, thanks LinPark for the tip about refreshing the ghost every 10 laps or so. 👍

28.180 (Seen some .0xx so a tenth left)
24.003 (Ran wide at second turn here so .1 ish left)

Getting there. :D

Also .1/.2 in Bus stop as I lost a bit on this lap. :)

Last edited:
I see people have been getting to work in the last day or so, nice splits everyone.

I probably won't get to this again until Friday or Saturday night, I hope I'm not too far behind by then.

Another advice, don't let the leadboard fool you, sometimes we try to hard to be well placed in it but forget the last sector :sly: and in the end what really matters is the final time.

Anyone who looks at my history knows that I am the King of blown last sectors.:yuck:

Last edited:
Anyones who looks at my history knows that I am the King of blown last sectors.:yuck:

Maybe you could try this : go easy on the first sectors, when you come at the last sector, give it all you got, now use this ghost and improve on first sectors, you will see the third will get along...

It is normal what you experience (in my opinion) you are probably more practising on the first sectors, once you passed them with a good time, you get a bit more relaxed, what brings your time down aswell.

Something else I also am doing the last tt's, is not fixing myself on times, I just do sessions, 20-25 laps, and then i see what came out of it, then i try to improve on curves where I left time....

Then again, I am a much lower ranked player then you are, so maybe there is not to much advise to find for you in my gameplay ;)

Edit:

Did another session still on Chris' tune. Found some improvement in the first sector.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been flipping something else during my runs most of the week. :lol:

Maybe you could try this : go easy on the first sectors, when you come at the last sector, give it all you got, now use this ghost and improve on first sectors, you will see the third will get along...

It is normal what you experience (in my opinion) you are probably more practising on the first sectors, once you passed them with a good time, you get a bit more relaxed, what brings your time down aswell.

Something else I also am doing the last tt's, is not fixing myself on times, I just do sessions, 20-25 laps, and then i see what came out of it, then i try to improve on curves where I left time....

Then again, I am a much lower ranked player then you are, so maybe there is not to much advise to find for you in my gameplay ;)

Edit:

Did another session still on Chris' tune. Found some improvement in the first sector.

Thanks dude. And about your comment me being a higher level than you so I don't need your advice, rubish. Everyone has something to give and everyone has something to learn. I really appreciate your input. That's what this league is all about.

Slight improvement, don't think the old lead foot can do any better.

PB in the first three sectors, but lost a lot of time through bus stop.

Last edited:
More new ones for me tonight, no changes in the tune, just more laps. Will see if I have energy for this when I get back home Sunday night, otherwise these will be my last.

Ok, I think I got the exit out of the infield on to the back straight down. Now all I need to do is figgure out the rest of the track.

Back