GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 69 : Summer of '69

• Thread starter EDK
  • 204 comments
Didn't have time to do this for now, hope to give it a go tonight!
But the combo looks awesome.

I'm going to give this one last push either today or tomorrow as it's ruining my driving everywhere other than Daytona in a Camaro Z28 RM. :lol:

I've completely forgotten how to use no ABS (more fun ;)) now. :ouch:

EDIT: Just realised I have the fastest T3 time. :boggled: Obviously running wide in T2 gave me a good run down the back stretch. 👍

Last edited:
30 lap session, lap 20 gave me a .150 OT improvement:

Last edited:
Damn! Damn! Damn!

Shouldn't have gone back on. Now know there's .15 left in the bus stop, .15 left in T1 and have managed a 13.993 in T2. :irked:

Still have to string it into a lap though..... :crazy:

can't get all sectors to go well same time

Last edited:
can't get all sectors to go well same time

Welcome to GTP and the WRS.

I went ahead and deleted your second post with new splits, as I saw you had also update this post with those new splits.

Our fetchbot is pretty smart. If you just put strike throughs in your old splits and update the post with new ones, your splits will be updated. Example -

xx.xxx
xx.xxx
xx.xxx

xx.xxx
xx.xxx
xx.xxx

No need to do that if another member posts before you need to update splits. In that case, just make a new post with the new splits, and fetchy will grab them and update. 👍

Fetchy only updates once every 15 minutes, so if you don't see you splits on the board right away, no need to panic.

Finally, please do your best to use decent grammar, including Caps at the start of sentences and punctuation at the end. Seems like you do a good job of it sometimes, but then not at others.

New splits.

Had a .647 through t3 on the lap right after this one, then tightened up so much I could hardly breathe.

My best bus stop too. Very close to the outside wall on exit, but it's clean.

Blew a 51.9 last night in a 90 minute session, then it all fell apart. Couple more sessions for me with still a bit of time to find.

Edit: I noticed this morning that James is calmly editing his previous splits and slowly hammering everyone else into oblivion tenth by tenth :D

Last edited:
I had another go yesterday evening and did a magic lap that was 0.3 better than any I'd done before but cut it so close in the bus stop I couldn't be sure it was clean. :nervous: I certainly wouldn't want to be the one reviewing it. So I threw it out and then managed a lap only 0.03 better than my fastest but it was very clean at least.

I'm going to try to get another session in today at some point and hopefully find another 0.1 but its starting to get a little frustrating this close to my limit.

The number of 1'05.6xx destroyed at the bus stop it's reaching biblic proportions :ill::grumpy:

Don't know if i have the patience to continue this, found it easier the last time we were here :crazy:

And James, amazing splits but why do you prefer to edit your post several pages ago than to do a new post? No critics intended, just so i understand...

First go at this (35 laps session). Using vagabons setup, feels really nice.

Messed T2 up tough.

New Times, slightly slower T1, but much better T2:

Last edited:
The number of 1'05.6xx destroyed at the bus stop it's reaching biblic proportions :ill::grumpy:

Don't know if i have the patience to continue this, found it easier the last time we were here :crazy:

👍 :crazy:

Almost reached the end of my patience with the bus-stop now. :indiff:

Me too after a run the other day that saw a few 1'05.7xx laps wrecked here. I might have a slightly quicker lap than my splits but have not checked it properly yet, since I was annoyed with all the deleted laps.:ouch::crazy:

And James, amazing splits but why do you prefer to edit your post several pages ago than to do a new post? No critics intended, just so i understand...

Just tend to edit my original post rather than flood the thread with all my updated splits, still using Chris's tune, with some rear negative toe -0.07 I think. The amount of laps I threw away with the bloomin bus stop is so frustrating. Soon as you see a good T3 split, suddenly tense up and wreck the bus stop.

Better than me. The 1.05's have been evasive. I just can't seem to always get the drive out of the hairpin to the first split, and when i do get close to getting a 28.0 split, I somehow manage to throw it away in the next sector. I'm still somewhat pleased with my overall time. Let's just hope it's enough to redeem a few places, as I don't know that I'll have much time to try and improve over the rest of the weekend.

Whenever I get a 28.0 first sector I'm always too busy looking at my split time and completely miss the next corner. :ouch:

May just call it a day and submit tomorrow, may give it another shot as I know I have 2 tenths left in and I'm not entirely happy with my time. :irked:

Whenever I get a 28.0 first sector I'm always too busy looking at my split time and completely miss the next corner. :ouch:

May just call it a day and submit tomorrow, may give it another shot as I know I have 2 tenths left in and I'm not entirely happy with my time. :irked:

DITTO!! I've had to train myself to not even pay attention, or just have one of my buddies tell me "blue" or "red" after I pass it. I've found it better in general to just not pay attention so I don't lose focus on the lap.

Completely missed the first corner as you can see by the first split. The rest of the lap is OK though. Bus stop is close to my best. There's obviously some 15/100 to be found in the first corner alone.

Nice splits James man, not going to catch them methinks. 👍 You're creeping up there too Thomas. 👍

Very nearly had my magic lap but freaked out through the bus-stop...

Its &*$$*^% me off but can't stop now.. gotta find another 0.2 at least...
yellow%20crazy.gif

Going to get more time with this in a few minutes. I'm lacking in the road course section as I've never been able to get a good rhythm through it.

I'm beginning to think that the chassis reinforcement is causing the problems I'm having.

Going to buy another one and see if it reacts better. I just cannot get a good rhythm through the infield.

Last edited:
Been working on this all day now and came up with these:

Problem is, I know I am loosing a lot of time throught the bus stop/chicane. If and when I get it down, I think I'll have a respectable last two sectors and overall time. Got a whole 'nother day to figure it out.

Oh, for the record, using Chris's setup with very little changes.

Splits so far. Haven't got the new car on track yet. Gonna have to put it into an endurance later to get it broken in.

New car is promising, even without being broken in. I'm out running my previous car until I get to the bus stop just because of how i'm getting through the infield better.

Almost "the lap" but the run to the line was not famous :ouch::yuck: so still 2/3 tenth to run after... The will to do it is another thing :nervous:

T1 - 27.962
T2 - 23.913
T3 - 13.773

Improved in T1 a bit, but still a lot of work to be done at the bus stop.

Back