GTP_WRS Week 51 : International Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 257 comments
So I finally managed to find some speed. I've changed my line a bit in one corner and started to drive much more aggressive. I've checked my tyre type for about 20 times so I'm absolute sure I'm on the right tires. So here are my splits:

T1: 22.176
T2: 40.069

Fantastic time Andy2125.

Best I can do to compete within our D4 group is.

T1 22.136 | T2 40.368.

Phillip.

The link redirects me to title WRS 51 but it says NOT FOUND and nothing's on the screen :lol:

Very strange mate!!!!! it's working fine and to every one I guess :dunce:
I suggest you clear the browser cash and check your firewall setup. If you want, send me a snap-shot of the window (error you get) and I'll try to help.

Board Updated

I see I'm the last of my division :D will go for a session now as I start working tomorrow so no time to try again :(

Hello all :P

Had to put some pride aside before posting these splits though.:D

T1 - 22.902
T2 - 41.199

Amazing how much time can be lost on such a small track.

Trimmed a little more off, still not 100% happy in the final turn, still time yet. :D

👍

Wouah D1 and D4 drivers are doing great T2 !

Trying to improve I saw a T2 40.875 but my left front wheel decided to touch the grass ! :)
Finaly improved my T1 and my total but not my T2.

GTP_Hyperspeed is right, there is time to improve, but I'm not far from my actual limits.

New Splits:

T1: 22.369
T2: 40.648

I'm slowly finding speed in turn one and in the esses.

I ran a few more, pulling teeth with this one, or maybe cutting teeth as it's been so long.

22.798/41.191

Lets catch Kev Sjaak, he's away this weekend ;)

I'm back from a few lovely days in the south ...
What an incredible turnup this week! Who says Prologue is worn down? :)

Great to see Erik back, and the retired WRS Mod as well (last entry week 26) 👍 also Michael, Ron & Kelly, and Racecar. Great to see all those old faces again.

Board updated.

T1 22.631
T2 40.983

Have seen a couple of 22.5XX T1s with a best of 22.544 so hopefully there's a bit more to come.

Last edited:
T1 22.797 DSC00166.jpg
t2 41.141DSC00167.jpg

T1:22.624
T2:41.007
I came into the last corner too fast but still, my overall lap was faster.👍
I'll have to correct it, I got the whole weekend for it. :)

Attachments

• DSC06642.jpg
    DSC06642.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06643.jpg
    DSC06643.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Whaaaaa :lol: the board is soooo close, that's amazing. I envy you guys, I'd like to participate in that race :sly:

It'll be very interesting to see final lap times of D1 drivers because they have a tire advantage...

First laps in the lovely Focus yielded only

so much for my holiday ... must be able to loose some time to get closer to my good friend Hai :D

First laps in the lovely Focus yielded only

so much for my holiday ... must be able to loose some time to get closer to my good friend Hai :D

:lol: I'm saving a space for you beside me :D

Hmmm, went a few thousandths faster at the line with a .770 T2 this morning, and then a few hundredths faster from a .807

I think anything you can gain from a faster T2, will cost you into the last turn.

So new splits are;

Really enjoying this combo now, so addictive. 👍

Has anyone noticed that D2 has 9 drivers at the top separated by a tenth?!:eek: Although I can't put more laps in, I know I'm extremely happy with my T3 so there are a LOT of positions to be made here.:D

Re: Pedals broken, the plan at the moment is to ring around local repair men to see if they'll fix it since I sort of know what's going on by reading problems others have had (loose terminals and connections inside), hopefully someone will do it and it works.:scared:

Has anyone noticed that D2 has 9 drivers at the top separated by a tenth?!:eek: Although I can't put more laps in, I know I'm extremely happy with my T3 so there are a LOT of positions to be made here.:D

Re: Pedals broken, the plan at the moment is to ring around local repair men to see if they'll fix it since I sort of know what's going on by reading problems others have had (loose terminals and connections inside), hopefully someone will do it and it works.:scared:

Paulie - I'm sitting here with a brand new G25, because I made Logitech my first call. It's got to be worth a phone call - even if they say no, you'll be no worse off than you are now.
Ring 'em, be polite, plead poverty, mention GTP (I'm sure that they would value a good rep on this site).
Also tell them that this is the 2nd wheel you've had which has failed - that you're disappointed it didn't last so long.
I'm certainly over the moon with the treatment I received from Logitech. 👍

Paulie - I'm sitting here with a brand new G25, because I made Logitech my first call. It's got to be worth a phone call - even if they say no, you'll be no worse off than you are now.
Ring 'em, be polite, plead poverty, mention GTP (I'm sure that they would value a good rep on this site).
Also tell them that this is the 2nd wheel you've had which has failed - that you're disappointed it didn't last so long.
I'm certainly over the moon with the treatment I received from Logitech. 👍

Every time I ring Logitech they refer me to the store of purchase, which refuses to help me any more. I don't have the luxury of a Logitech base of operations in Australia. Plus, a new wheel is just going to break again anyway, they're built very poorly. I'd rather get a fix for this one.

The build quality is pretty good on G25s, tbh.

About a tenth to make up in T1, possibly another half tenth in T2. Nice combo, T1 is hard to nail.

Edit: Hmm, improvement, lost about a tenth in T3 though, could have been slightly smoother through the esses. I'd hope I could just about squeeze a 41 dead out of T2.

Last edited:
Don't think I ever saw a board as long as this week ... perhaps it's the track that makes it so addictive?

New splits, still need some time to reach Hai's T2 but at least I'm no longer at the bottom of the board :)

Don't think I ever saw a board as long as this week ... perhaps it's the track that makes it so addictive?

New splits, still need some time to reach Hai's T2 but at least I'm no longer at the bottom of the board :)

I think it helps that you can just jump in the cars, plus it's a short lap.

little improvement:

T1 is harder with this car than normally. Little time still possible to get..

2nd session splits:

T1 22.6xx (best T1 I've reached in the Golf = 22.460 :lol: )
T2 40.958 (so in theory I could crack into 40.7's :mischievous:)

I'm now consistently running 40.9xx T2's and I will be spending a bit more time at this combo.

MadMax

Back