GTP_WRS Week 51 : International Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 257 comments
How frustrating is this in the mini!! I'm getting constant 22.6.. at T1 but I just can't find the time in the middle section to T2. I've twice beaten my fastest T2 only to find I'm slowler at the line. I'm quite happy with my final sector its just that dam T2. I've tried different lines, braking and gas still no results. I've seen a 41.100 at T2 once. Any tips for that middle section in the Mini?

:banghead:

I tried the Citroen C4 for a few laps and was just a couple of tenth slower than in the Mini. I can easily see myself going quicker in it than in the Div 2 car

Would make for an interesting round to let the driver select the car for his Div or the Div ahead of him .... I might give the C4 a go tonight.

The competition within the division is of course always primary.

And the handicap thing is secondary, and a bit of good fun.

The Mini is the faster of the 2 cars, but with the S1 tires, is likely closely matched. After that, it comes down to personal preference and driving style.

However, each division is required to run their assigned car this week. Feel free to run the other cars for fun, but I'd like to avoid confusion with splits getting posted for the wrong car, or anything like that.

Just have fun. ;)

How frustrating is this in the mini!! I'm getting constant 22.6.. at T1 but I just can't find the time in the middle section to T2. I've twice beaten my fastest T2 only to find I'm slowler at the line. I'm quite happy with my final sector its just that dam T2. I've tried different lines, braking and gas still no results. I've seen a 41.100 at T2 once. Any tips for that middle section in the Mini?

Use the whole track, keep it smooth, and avoid wheel spin. If you find yourself turning the wheel a lot to try to make up for lack of grip, you will lose time.

I chased my ghost with the 41.0 some last night and could not improve. I found that my momentum coming off of turn 1 (split can be the same with less momentum), along with my approach to the first and last of the esses, were the most important.

Hope that helps. 👍

Thanks 👍

I'll give it a try. I have found when I mess up T1 and just drive round to start a new lap I find not pushing as hard in the esses I can get better apex speed esp if I stick to approx 70% gas and not blip it in the corners. I've been trying to keep the front wheels as straight as possible to give them as much traction as possible.

Hey guys, for anyone feeling a little hard done by regarding the Division 2 car choice this week, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1) A driver in a lower division may have an advantage up to T2, but the divisions are intended to arrange drivers due to ability and the last corner on Suz East is a very very technical and difficult corner. There is so much time to be made up there.

2) A driver in a higher division may have an advantage to T2 but is ultimately using a slower car/tyre combo than you when considering the whole track, and remember again you spend more time in the last corner complex than anywhere else on track barring the first corner complex.

3) Also, finally, remember WRS week 46 in the Mine's R34 handicap event at Suzuka? D2 had a very distinct advantage over everyone else (except one particular alien) with the extra horsepower but we all just got on with it and enjoyed it thoroughly right? :) On a week like this, you are mainly up against your own division mates and the handicap just makes it so much more interesting.

I really hope this post doesn't come across as condescending or arrogant in any way, I was D2 myself a very short while ago. Also the way things are, aren't you all really excited to see the results on Tuesday as opposed to if it were just a standard online leaderboard TT where all the suspense and intrigue is completely lost?

All the best
Maz

So I finally managed to find some speed. I've changed my line a bit in one corner and started to drive much more aggressive. I've checked my tyre type for about 20 times so I'm absolute sure I'm on the right tires. So here are my splits:

T1: 22.176
T2: 40.069

So I finally managed to find some speed. I've changed my line a bit in one corner and started to drive much more aggressive. I've checked my tyre type for about 20 times so I'm absolute sure I'm on the right tires. So here are my splits:

Really, 40.069 :crazy:
Great split...

I've checked my tyre type for about 20 times so I'm absolute sure I'm on the right tires. So here are my splits:

N3's, right Andy?

Just kidding, great splits!!!
I have seen your name on the leaderboard many times, but never first. 👍

As for me I have no improvements after at least 2.5 hours of trying.

Some fantastic D4 splits, congratulations guys 👍

All the best
Maz

New splits tonight and a new personal best but I'm not quite happy with the final sector:

T1 22.593
T2 41.008

Thanks!

I can't wait to see some of the replays that are under 41 at T2 in the Mini - I just can't figure this one out.

It's all in the T1.

Hey guys, for anyone feeling a little hard done by regarding the Division 2 car choice this week, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1) A driver in a lower division may have an advantage up to T2, but the divisions are intended to arrange drivers due to ability and the last corner on Suz East is a very very technical and difficult corner. There is so much time to be made up there.

2) A driver in a higher division may have an advantage to T2 but is ultimately using a slower car/tyre combo than you when considering the whole track, and remember again you spend more time in the last corner complex than anywhere else on track barring the first corner complex.

3) Also, finally, remember WRS week 46 in the Mine's R34 handicap event at Suzuka? D2 had a very distinct advantage over everyone else (except one particular alien) with the extra horsepower but we all just got on with it and enjoyed it thoroughly right? :) On a week like this, you are mainly up against your own division mates and the handicap just makes it so much more interesting.

I really hope this post doesn't come across as condescending or arrogant in any way, I was D2 myself a very short while ago. Also the way things are, aren't you all really excited to see the results on Tuesday as opposed to if it were just a standard online leaderboard TT where all the suspense and intrigue is completely lost?

All the best
Maz

I agree, although with D1 already ahead of us at T2 and on a better tyre they should kill us through the final sector too.;) :sly:

New splits tonight and a new personal best but I'm not quite happy with the final sector:

T1 22.593
T2 41.008

Thanks!

GREAT T1 split mate!:cheers:

Hello all :P

I fired up the ps3 yesterday and tried this for a while, sucked real bad and turned it off. Thought I'd might as well keep at it as I've nothing else much going on and so after 4 sessions(10 or so laps each time) Here is where I stand.

22.829/41.261

I think I can get my t1 where it should be and maybe hold my own this week, we'll see but I'll keep trying 👍

As for the Handicap I'll say this; Kevin has been around the block a few times and knows what he is doing, it's very very hard to find a magic balance as it's been tried in the past. Usually in those cases the d2's always had the edge(think I grabed a few overall podiums that way) Personally I don't see any d2 drivers coming close to d1 and I have no idea what the ford drivers lap times will be because that last turn is such an arse. Anyway I like it, so good job Kev :)

P.S. I hate the mini no mater how you slice it so I'm biased, it's a suck ass car :P

:ouch: Had a .592 T1, kept it under 41 T2 with a 40.9xx only to push it that fraction wide through the last turn and completely ruin the momentum. This all after a 50 lap stint :lol:

BTW nice splits Lin 👍

Firstly, thanks for all the birthday messages guys. I guess there's no way this old git being a year older is gonna slip past the radar :lol:

Secondly;
Hats off to Kev for trying to inject some spice into the WRS. This game has been played to death with too few tracks to choose from. The only way to keep it fresh is with this type of innovation.
What's important is to compete within your own division, because with a handicap race with a limited car choice, that's the only place where the playing field is level.
Personally I think it's great that D4 are at the top of the leaderboard for once.

Just my 2p 👍

Don't misunderstand my post about doing a few laps in the C4. I did it just for fun. I have no problems in driving the WRS as it is intended. I play the hand I'm dealt.

Please note that I ran a few laps in the Mini in a standard time trial, ie with S2s. The time I have on the PS official board is not the one made in WRS.

I'm going to have to submit with my current splits now as my pedals have given in and are constantly sticking and I can't fix it. I don't know if maybe my current lap was done with one pedal sticking either, I'll have a look but it doesn't matter. I'll be out of WRS and all racing games for a long time now, I don't know what to do.

I'm going to have to submit with my current splits now as my pedals have given in and are constantly sticking and I can't fix it. I don't know if maybe my current lap was done with one pedal sticking either, I'll have a look but it doesn't matter. I'll be out of WRS and all racing games for a long time now, I don't know what to do.

💡

How about calling Logitech, and they can send you a nice new replacement?

:dopey:

💡

How about calling Logitech, and they can send you a nice new replacement?

:dopey:

I don't think it's in warranty any more, and this wheel itself is a warranty replacement. I think also the store that I got it from stole my orginal invoice because they're a bunch of 🤬 and didn't want me coming back again.:mad:

I don't think it's in warranty any more, and this wheel itself is a warranty replacement. I think also the store that I got it from stole my orginal invoice because they're a bunch of 🤬 and didn't want me coming back again.:mad:

2 year warranty on mine, I would call them, gotta be worth a try..... Mine is also a warranty replacement, and if my pedals start playing up again, you can be sure I would be straight on the phone to them.

Failing that, you can take apart the pedal box, and swap the faulty pedal for the clutch...

But you say both pedals are sticking?

Did a few laps this morning with following splits:

T1:0'22.683
T2:0'40.837

Improved my laptime by just a fraction...

@Pauli,get on the phone with Logitech mate,explain what happened and be very sad on the phone...it worked for me and they send me a replacement straight away!!!...Just go for it and who knows what will happen....!!!

spyrrari.

I really don't think Logitech will help me, and I can't figure out how to fix the pedals myself with confidence I won't permanently break something. I'll have to ring them anyway.
We've been getting good numbers in WRS of late.👍:)

After only a couple of hundred laps I have found the speed.

T1 22.663
T2 41.013

Unfortunately T3 is far from perfect.

Last edited:
Only? :D

Good participation this week, well done to Kev on keeping a waning game refreshing. I'm looking forward to getting stick in to this over the weekend. Today is football gaming day, PES and FM, sorry GT, but sometimes a bloke needs his footie fix.

Back