GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
I want to apologize for my previous posts. I am still disgusted with myself for my driving actions at Indy (sorry again tr1mble, I feel terrible) but I truly love this series and the people in it. I've calmed down and will try again if it's ok but if I do anything again like I did last week I am out. Two strikes and I'm out, my own rule.

I'll be practicing a lot to get better at this game I promise.
Sephy your will allways have a spot in this series, we all have bad races, we learn and come back stronger!

Anybody want to practice tonight? I've recently aquired another R8 LMS in black!

I'm in! I'll join you guys!

1) Jav - GT2
2) Magzire
3) Shrugging_Atlas
4) tissimo
5) R1600Turbo - GT1
6) hon1987-Gee Tee Tooo
7) toyotsupra: Gt2
8) Sephy71 - GT2 (if it's ok)
9) tr1mble - GT1
10) Luckylefty2gunz - GT2
11) jepoks - GT1
12) avohman - GT2
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Can I take up a main spot even though I'm just a silly reserve?

1) Jav - GT2
2) Magzire
3) Shrugging_Atlas
4) tissimo
5) R1600Turbo - GT1
6) hon1987-Gee Tee Tooo
7) toyotsupra: Gt2
8) Sephy71 - GT2 (if it's ok)
9) tr1mble - GT1
10) Luckylefty2gunz - GT2
11) jepoks - GT1
12) avohman - GT2
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves
1) YayoiGT2 - GT2
2)
3)
4)
5)

Need to get some good haul of points if i can tonight For team Corvette.

Jav do i have a team mate for tonights race? OK um Yayoi fancy being my team mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
You choose your own teammate (ask somebody!), you're not given one.

And damnit man, can it with the double posting! There's an edit button for a reason :rolleyes:.

Drivers meeting race #2. Just like the first round the track will open at 6:30PM US EST(GMT-4).

-Free practice, track will open at 6:30PM EST(GTM-4) for free practice.

-Qualifying, at 7:30 everyone must be on the lobby and ready to start the legality verification process. Both classes will qualify at the same time and every driver will have at least 20 minutes to qualify. Any driver that leaves the track and goes to the settings menu may recieve a time penalty aded to the final results.

-The cars will be called on track using their respective power/weight figures.

-Race start, since we are doing combined quali the race will be started at 8:00PM US EST(-4GMT).

-GT1/GT2 pace lap, for season 2 there will be no GT2 formation lap, just 1 pace lap for both classes. The pole sitter will lead the field at 60mph arround the track. Please give each other plenty of space here.
Once the polesitter reaches the chicane he will slow down to 30mph. Guys do not be afraid to come up side to side in your respective spots. Remember we start double file.
The pole sitter will be cleared to accelerate away at the start/finish line. The pole siter from each class has to cross the line in first place for his respective class. GT2 will fall back to leave a 10 second gap between classes. Any overtaking before the leader crosses the line will be rewarded with a time penalty of 50 seconds.

-Again I expect everyone to give plenty of room to each other on the pace lap.

-Any on track incidents will be dealt with after the race and the text chat is not to be used during the race.

-Any on track incident needs to be reported to the race stewards within 24 hours of the race start.

-In any case resulting on penaties, infractions, warnings or probations it will be announced on the 2nd post under the "important announcements" section.

Room is up!

New room number:
Room down

Last edited:
Game froze on me guys, don't know if that caused it room host was not fixed...

New room number:
1472 - 6118 - 4216 - 8215 - 9978

Yay!
Wheel has sold!
I'm just awaiting payment, then I can send in my PS3 and grab a subscription for iRacing!

Sorry I rushed off guys, I needed to cool down.

Great race to Atlas, even on new tires I couldn't make up ground. The closer we got to half way in the race, I really thought I could make it a one stopper. After my first stop, I went into conservation mode to save the tires. Apparently that doesn't work in this game, because they wore the same as the first stint. After I realized I needed to pit again, I came in and thought I put enough fuel in the car to get me to the end. I guess I pushed the car too hard because I ran out with a couple laps to go.

Overall pretty disappointed in the whole race. The car was always on the edge and still 1.5 seconds off pace. My head hurts from thinking about being light footed with the throttle and keeping myself away from the grass. Add in my fuel situation at the end, and I'm glad I don't use a controller to race anymore because I probably would have thrown it across the room.

See everyone next week.

Good race for me overall, happy to get 1st win of the season. Good battles for position in the first 6 laps, from then on it was just a race against the splits. The BMW has a lot of grunt, just watched the replay and it pulls away even from the RX7. R1600Turbo kept the pressure on and was closing in the final laps due to the combination of my increasing number of driving errors and worn tires. With 3 laps to go the gap was about 11s at which point his RX-7 emptied its tank and allowed me to cruise to the finish line. A big thank you to all GT2 drivers for making passing easy and safe.

One observation - we're definitely driving much closer to the limit this season. I don't remember being this drenched ever before.

RACE 2 Suzuka RESULTS with fast laps:

F2R2_res.jpg

Fastest laps:
GT1 - OwensRacing - Viper Oreca 1:51.494
GT2 - tissimo - Nissan Z LM 1:55.443

Fastest laps, Suzuka:

FastLapWall_Suzuka_R2.jpg

Ohh and BTW! Happy birthday Smokedogg!! Have an awsome time!!

Last edited:
^^^ :embarrassed:o look at the gt2 fast laps within tenths!! im missing every moment of this! midterms on tuesday. "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

Blaze_409
^^^ :embarrassed:o look at the gt2 fast laps within tenths!! im missing every moment of this! midterms on tuesday. "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

I'm with you. :mad:

Jav
Fastest laps, Suzuka:

FastLapWall_Suzuka_R2.jpg

Ohh and BTW! Happy birthday Smokedogg!! Have an awsome time!!

My name is toyotsupra Jav not Toyotasupraturbo! Oh and BTW is it possible to change car's during mid-season?

Last edited:
Does it matter when we all know who he's talking about?

Hopefully I'll be making the next race Jav, pretty keen to get a decent hit out in the F1 :dopey:

Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnn fastest laps are tight! Hurry up and get back Blaze! Team 4 Ring Sting needs you!

I really should have had pole last night though! Couldn't put a clean lap in in the second qualifying session! As for fastest lap, when I planned to stretch the Audi's legs on fresh rubber ( start of stint 3) I ended up making a mistake in to turn 1, and with Magz lapping me which cost me 5 seconds on a single lap! This allowed Lucky to catch up to me and we ended up tussling it out for a few laps! I was relieved when I started to pull away from Lucky, as I could see Tissimo was closing in everylap I was fighting him! Fair play to everyone who raced with me at some point, I enjoyed the on the track battles! :D

On a side note, why is the qualifying so messed up to start with? Because we had to qualify again with half the time, I had no time to go for my prerace pi$$! I was holding it in from lap 20 onwards :lol:

BTW Happy Birthday Smoke Dogg! Hopefully we can hear that Zonda scream next week!

Last edited:
Damn, looks like a really good race last night.... ill be at the race next week....the Patrón cafe was flowing and I couldn't even drive myself home....good thing the wife wasn't drinking :)

And don't worry hon, one race without the pole won't kill you ;)

How do you know smoke? Are you a doctor?;) :lol:

BTW Jav, is Nurb suppose to be 30 laps? If so it's going to be a short race.....

Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnn fastest laps are tight! Hurry up and get back Blaze! Team 4 Ring Sting needs you!

I really should have had pole last night though! Couldn't put a clean lap in in the second qualifying session! As for fastest lap, when I planned to stretch the Audi's legs on fresh rubber ( start of stint 3) I ended up making a mistake in to turn 1, and with Magz lapping me which cost me 5 seconds on a single lap! This allowed Lucky to catch up to me and we ended up tussling it out for a few laps! I was relieved when I started to pull away from Lucky, as I could see Tissimo was closing in everylap I was fighting him! Fair play to everyone who raced with me at some point, I enjoyed the on the track battles! :D

great race from most as i was ran over at the start of race before crossing the starting line. we had a good battle for the lead close to the end of the race although i used so much of my car getting there that after i was able get passed you i didn't had enough fuel to make it to the end and tires were done.so being a good teammate i pulled over and let Tissimo see if he could get run you down and hopefully in his draft i could make it with the fuel on board and shot tires but after to many laps of thinking about it i finally made a pit stop, i really should have pitted earlier. just happy to salvage some points after heavy damage before race even started

Latest Posts

Back