GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Wowee what a race!

Me and Altas had a great battle. I was surviving on his slipstream. After the 2nd pit stop he was 12 secs ahead and then I noobed it. Slipped on the outer curb and slide towards the wall. But i didn't try stop it which was easily avoidable.

Last edited:
I had a poor race. It started out well went for a bit risky 1 stop strategy and all was going well until I got lapped a 2nd time, as the Viper came up in the last corner, he took a different line then I normally do (thought he would back off a bit and pass in the straight since I had inside line). But he turned in earlier then I usually do, so we traded a bit of paint (no damage, light taps) and I had to make my line a lot shallower In doing so, Lucky who has been shadowing me for 5+ laps now doing the same strategy got into the side of me damaging my right rear. I tired to see if I could make it work, but was way to squirly trying to apply power. So I pit taking me out of the race.

Also I'm serious about people who dont finish the race, either quit or park off track (Not in Pits). This is the 2nd race this has happened to me. Not sure if its all tracks, but if someone is sitting in front of you in the pits, pit exit is EXTREMELY slow. I exaggerated saying 10s in the room chat, but its 1-3 seconds each time I have to roll 1mph out of the pits. Watch the replay (i'll try to get a video tomorrow if I watch the replay), On my lap 21 I go into the pits and watch my car try to leave the pit box.

Wowee what a race!

Me and Altas had a great battle. I was surviving on his slipstream. After the 2nd pit stop he was 12 secs ahead and then I noobed it. Slipped on the outer curb and slide towards the wall. But i didn't try stop it which was easily avoidable.
Second that! Some of the closest yet cleanest GT1 racing ever! I was expecting us to take each other out and let Jeff run away with it but it didn't happen. Much respect. After the 1st pitstop I gave it my all in an attempt to pull away, I think I ran a 1:27.0xx clean lap...it worked, managed a 3s lead when you pulled out. Even in the 2nd stint you kept the pressure on, almost caught up with me while I struggled to pass a couple of GT2s.

After my 2nd and final stop I was just trying to run consistent laps and manage tirewear. Then I came up on hon and toyotsupra who were fighting hard probably for position in GT2. I tried as hard as I could to not to break up their fight. Then it looked like a comfortable cruise home until about 5 or 6 laps from finish when a Ford GT came out of pits and gave me front end damage inducing nasty wheel hop and increased tirewear. It took all my focus again to bring her home in one piece.

Second that! Some of the closest yet cleanest GT1 racing ever! I was expecting us to take each other out and let Jeff run away with it but it didn't happen. Much respect. After the 1st pitstop I gave it my all in an attempt to pull away, I think I ran a 1:27.0xx clean lap...it worked, managed a 3s lead when you pulled out. Even in the 2nd stint you kept the pressure on, almost caught up with me while I struggled to pass a couple of GT2s.

After my 2nd and final stop I was just trying to run consistent laps and manage tirewear. Then I came up on hon and toyotsupra who were fighting hard probably for position in GT2. I tried as hard as I could to not to break up their fight. Then it looked like a comfortable cruise home until about 5 or 6 laps from finish when a Ford GT came out of pits and gave me front end damage inducing nasty wheel hop and increased tirewear. It took all my focus again to bring her home in one piece.

And what a fight that turned out to be! Rarely ever do I find myself with mirrors full of cars all the way through the race!

Stint 1: Me vs the Z's. Damn they pushed me hard! Credit to everyone in GT2. You guys aren't making my title defence easy! Blaze hurry up and get back! I need some help in taking on them pesky Z's!

Well done to Ultrap/ Atlas on winning GT1!

Fastest laps:

GT1:
Shrugging_Atlas - Viper Oreca - 1:27.022
Magzire22 - BMW M3 GTR RC - 1:27.801
OwensRacing - Viper Oreca - 1:28.195

GT2:
tissimo - Nissan Fairlady Z LM - 1:31.507
luckylefty2gunz - Nissan Z LM - 1:31.532
hon1987 - Audi R8 LMS RC - 1:31.869

BTW I just watched the replay, Hon1987 that was literally just inches away from disaster when you missed the braking point in my slipstream at the end of the straight! phew :scared:

Last edited:
ultrap13
Fastest laps:

GT1:
Shrugging_Atlas - Viper Oreca - 1:27.022
Magzire22 - BMW M3 GTR RC - 1:27.801
OwensRacing - Viper Oreca - 1:28.195

GT2:
tissimo - Nissan Fairlady Z LM - 1:31.507
luckylefty2gunz - Nissan Z LM - 1:31.532
hon1987 - Audi R8 LMS RC - 1:31.869

BTW I just watched the replay, Hon1987 that was literally just inches away from disaster when you missed the braking point in my slipstream at the end of the straight! phew :scared:

I know! I had to pull out of the corner! I was literally bricking it at that point!

Someone please take some pictures! Sounds like a crazy race!

Great racing last night chaps some great overtaking between me and Jav and at the end fighting with Hon for the victory. Cant wait for this weekend try gong 1 stop better and going for the win. :)

With my record of late braking i was expecting at least one major disaster:)
Really tried not to ruin your race so kept it safe which turned out very clean. Don't think we even slightly bumped once? Made for a great replay in those first 16 laps.

Honestly never pushed that bwm that hard before and was fun attacking those sectors times. They were up and down until lap 34. Never been so happy to finish 2nd:)

Someone please take some pictures! Sounds like a crazy race!

Pictures wouldn't do it justice! Some body needs to capture the race and upload it!

That's an odd spin Magz! I've never seen anyone spin off in to the wall in that direction!

Last edited:
ok first i want to say happy birthday to myself!!!!!!!
now i must say them first 15-20 laps of three cars nose to tail just going at each other like that was great racing, i did not want to try for a 1 stop race but with my teammate trying to go on 1 stop it forced my hand and we would have had a chance at the victory if not for contact i was damaged for the last 10 laps should have pitted but i thought i could keep cars behind me but with the damage( both fronts ) i was not able to keep tires and fell like a rock. great race guys i really enjoy running with this group of drivers just plain out great battles everywhere

Sorry about that Ultrap, as I was coming out of the pits I accelerated as usual but slowed down and was on the breaks to let you get to the hairpin first, I thought you would have passed me long before the hairpin and I might have lifted off the breaks a bit so as not to lock up but got in contact with you at the apex of the hairpin.

Magzire
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/fujispeedwaygtz.jpg/

That could not of ended well :D

Anyone remember doing this?

I'm not sure but that might have been me....the.front tires on the Zonda just get worn out way to fast...I had to pit twice by lap 17...
I'm gonna try a less aggressive setup and see how that works out...if not I might change cars if that's cool jav...I love the Zonda, but if I can't make it work I'm gonna change

smokedogg
I'm not sure but that might have been me....the.front tires on the Zonda just get worn out way to fast...I had to pit twice by lap 17...
I'm gonna try a less aggressive setup and see how that works out...if not I might change cars if that's cool jav...I love the Zonda, but if I can't make it work I'm gonna change

The Ford Gt is a helluva car....

Thats why i dropped the zonda. Didn't even push the car and the wheels fell off. Other than that i'd be still in it.

I could of gotten to 20 laps comfortably in the bmw, weird cause im usual the first in.

In hot lapping the zonda, I found if you balance the car with the ballast (48 front 52 rear) and add spring rate (13.2 front) and remove spring from the rear (i think 14.4, don't remember 100%) made the car a lot more stable. Not sure on tire wear though as only did 4 or 5 lap stints. It removed the oversteer from the car making it more manageable. Fine tuning will add a little more oversteer back, but with the neutral/understeer it was able to run a 1:28.3.

The Zonda definitely is a fast car but like Magz said the tires just fall off too quick and you loose too much, you have the right to change cars once with no penalty per season.

The Ford Gt is a helluva car....
Yes it is! I am surprised it still hasn't been picked up, and with the extra HP it would be a lot easier to be on pace than last season!

In hot lapping the zonda, I found if you balance the car with the ballast (48 front 52 rear) and add spring rate (13.2 front) and remove spring from the rear (i think 14.4, don't remember 100%) made the car a lot more stable. Not sure on tire wear though as only did 4 or 5 lap stints. It removed the oversteer from the car making it more manageable. Fine tuning will add a little more oversteer back, but with the neutral/understeer it was able to run a 1:28.3.

The speed is there is just tire wear that kills it, it is a good car to drive just not very durable...

Jav: what happened at the start!? It looked like ypu forgot which pedal was your brake! Also what time did u set in qualy? Tbh I was struggling up to that point! I didn't realise I could set such a time!

Last edited:
I think my quali was a 32.0xx(could've been a 32.1xx)... I just missed my braking spot, with the track being so wide and me on the inside I just missed the marker and by the time I realized it I was flying off to the gravel! I had another off in the same sircunstances fighting with Supra, 1 spin at the same spot as Magz, 1 spin at the final corner wich allowed Supra to get away on the second stint and allowed the Nissan brothers to catch up and pass me and that just ended my race.

Jav
The speed is there is just tire wear that kills it, it is a good car to drive just not very durable...

Indeed, but the more stable you can make the car then less the tires will wear naturally. First step is controlling the knife edge handling even at the cost of some speed. That is why the Viper continues to dominate, its retardedly stable.

What did you pull in Quali Hon? I thought the order messed up. I Pull my best of a 32.2 and knew I couldn't pull any better but seeing Javs name ahead of me still, I didn't look further up know I all ready lost the Pole bonus point :( lol

I pulled a 1:31.9 in qualifying. I got a couple of laps in where I was following Magz and just seemed to hook it up from there on in! I was in the mid 32.s before that though.

I thought I had the clean sweep done until I saw the replay! Damn you Datsun Bros!

Lol!! I thought I had secured the pole till I looked with a minute to go and there you where!! Was a good race!

Got bored and tested zonda tire wear, it is pretty bad, and slow on worn tires... I'll continue to work in it here and there see if I can improve it.

What were other GT1 cars pulling lap times wise on worn tires (12-13 laps)?

2011-08-15170655.jpg

Damn tiss, I give u props for still pulling 1:31s on those wasted tires...now I know why mag switched back to the m3 ...if I raced last week I probably would have already switched cars...

The problem with the Zonda R and the Vette Z06 is they are road cars as opposed to all the other cars in GT1 being full blooded race cars. IMO in GT1 they should be replaced by the Zonda LM Race Car and the yellow Corvette C5-R respectively.

We had the Zonda LM in GT1 last season and Blaze nearly pulled a victory in it. Tirewear was on par with the others.

Last edited:
C5-R and please let me use it if does get in. Seems about 640-660 HP. It may come in tune at 640. But if it's not Much better then when I tried, it will need more HP.

Edit if my team mate is interested that is....

Back