GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
I am happy I got 4th today. I was a good second slower then the front runners. The wall only bit once for me, which is much less then anticipated. Now time to get serious for the last few races to maintain/regain the lead in the points.

Hi guys I've been to trax all day I was absolutely tired when I got home had to go to bed sorry I couldn't race in Monaco looking forward to next race.:)

Last edited:
I am happy I got 4th today. I was a good second slower then the front runners. The wall only bit once for me, which is much less then anticipated. Now time to get serious for the last few races to maintain/regain the lead in the points.

don't worry about your championship lead it's safe for now but i am happy to make up some ground. It's a lot closer now, this is going to be a epic fight to the finish. All i can say is i am glad to be a part of this, this is gunna be great, no matter where we finish we battled like warriors. GOOD LUCK to Hons as well as my teammate Tissimo and thanks Jav for a great season.

Unbelievable.

Took my second pole in 2 races, and got off to a good start, managing to pull out a fair gap to the rest, because Shrug lost a place to Owens. He eventually got back up to 2nd and was closing on me, aided by the fact that my tyres began to go off. Saw that Owens pit, knew I had to get back on fresh rubber to retain my lead, and so I pit.

Here's where it got interesting. I was unfortunate enough to suffer the pitlane glitch which tissimo talked about earlier in the lobby. It didn't go auto, no pitcrew either. I hit the tyre wall on pit entry hard because of it, and lost heaps of time trying to get myself free, and had serious front end damage as well. Drove right through the oits, and had to go do another lap, with now really worn tyres, and a badly damaged front end. When I came back into the pits, I was once again unlucky enough for the glitch to happen AGAIN. I was disconnected from the race halfway through the pitlane.

I have the luck of the Irish. Looks like ill have to wait a bit longer for that maiden victory.

Naruto149
Me and 2 others friends want to join season 3. How would we go about doing this?

Look at first couple of posts on the first page...it explains everything...also if you want to join the end of season 2 just to get the hang of things it would be fine...
The competition is very strong in this league

Also, sorry bout missing the race last night...was at a bbq all day and was in no condition to race ;)

Me and 2 others friends want to join season 3. How would we go about doing this?
You guys are welcome to join this season if you'd like to, for season 3 just stay tuned and make sure to post here frequently so we have you in mind when the sign ups start for S3.

Also, sorry bout missing the race last night...was at a bbq all day and was in no condition to race ;)

No worries man! You only missed the toughest most frustrating race of the season, lucky you!

Jav
No worries man! You only missed the toughest most frustrating race of the season, lucky you!

Me and Lucky had the most epic battle ever around here. ill get the replay up as soon as possible. but it was incredible!!

1.ShruggingAtlas - Oreca viper
2.OwensRacing - Oreca Viper
3.Blaze_409 - R8 LMS
4.Toalung - F1 GTR
5.Lucky - Fairlady Z
6.Hon1987 - R8 LMS
7. Tissimo - Fairlady Z
8.Jav - Citroen GT
9.Posiloan - CLK GTR
10.Pipi_r6 - Zonda LM
11. Pj-gm(DNF) - CLK GTR

i think im missing one person.or 2 rather. sorry pipi and tiss.

Last edited:
Yeah, me, me, in great 10 position with my great Zonda LM, oh my good what a disaster...
I need to change car quickly, fear to lose my sanity!!

And tissimo, i thing is 7 position

Last edited:
Wanna say excellent Job by Atlas. He came with his a game. He had some damage at the end let me close 20 seconds on him. However by about 3 to go my tires were one from running the snot out of the car. Managed a 27.2 though. Last lap my tire must of gave up. I could lay rubber in 4th gear just by stepping on the throttle. Hahaha was fun. Brake leg was so sore from the last stint. Drove very intensely.

Appreciate all the drivers track manners yesterday. Complete pleasure for me.

Jav
You guys are welcome to join this season if you'd like to, for season 3 just stay tuned and make sure to post here frequently so we have you in mind when the sign ups start for S3.
Will Do! :)

Wanna say excellent Job by Atlas. He came with his a game. He had some damage at the end let me close 20 seconds on him. However by about 3 to go my tires were one from running the snot out of the car. Managed a 27.2 though. Last lap my tire must of gave up. I could lay rubber in 4th gear just by stepping on the throttle. Hahaha was fun. Brake leg was so sore from the last stint. Drove very intensely.

Appreciate all the drivers track manners yesterday. Complete pleasure for me.

Yeah he really packed a punch in terms of race pace. He was closing in on me at an alarming rate after he got by you, because I was making a few mistakes because my tyres started to go off.

Did anyone else suffer the ptistop glitch in the race?

Heres the amazing part 1 of the battle between Lucky and Blaze. amazingly fun battle!! lucky you cant deny.....you enjoyed every part of this.

I really had to work hard for this one. Got a terrible start, dropped from 2nd to 4th in T1. Of all tracks in Monaco where it's so hard to pass! Lost some time finding my way around Tao then slowly worked my way up to my teammate OwensRacing. Made a couple of attempts at passing but couldn't get by until he outbraked himself into the chicane. Then I started to reel in Peter rather quickly...replay revealed my tires were in much better shape compared to Peter's and OwensRacing alike. I knew from testing that tirewear would be important so tried to drive gently and never pushed for fastest lap.

I had a very good 2nd stint and things were starting to look comfy but after my 2nd and last pitstop I hit the barrier twice after having got past a GT2 and drove the entire 3rd stint with damage on 3 corners. The tire wear with damage was brutal and I finished with nothing left on the left front tire barely holding on to the lead. It's never dull at Monaco!

Peter, it looked like you spun into the pits, was that the reason your car drove thru? I had no problems with pitstops.

if you just wanna watch me tear up the track and and catch and pass my teammate here ya go.

Last edited:
Heres the amazing part 1 of the battle between Lucky and Blaze. amazingly fun battle!! lucky you cant deny.....you enjoyed every part of this.

actually i really didn't enjoy, due to the fact that i am fighting for a championship and this was your first race, if you would have been more careful not to beat up my bumper entering turns then yeah it would have been more fun for me. we did have a good battle but it could have been done without all that contact, i thought you were going to wreck me and end my championship hopes, then i got caught up in atlas and hon's problem which resulted in my fourth pit stop. overall it was another good points day, setting up a fantastic finish

actually i really didn't enjoy, due to the fact that i am fighting for a championship and this was your first race, if you would have been more careful not to beat up my bumper entering turns then yeah it would have been more fun for me. we did have a good battle but it could have been done without all that contact, i thought you were going to wreck me and end my championship hopes, then i got caught up in atlas and hon's problem which resulted in my fourth pit stop. overall it was another good points day, setting up a fantastic finish

in addition you beat up my bumper as well if you where concerned about the championship you probably wouldn't have been racing me by your own choice. theoretically you would have tried to stay away from guys like me who have nothing to lose but you didnt so i assumed you wanted to race.And we had a great race.....

though i was extremely annoyed when we where both going towards the chicane and a GT1 car screwed us both and we both had to pit 4 laps into the second stint. then it was just a race back t the pits lol.

though i totally understand your feelings of being in the midst of a championship. although i dont think the few times that i tapped your bumper wasnt equalled by the times that you tapped mine and when you cut the chicane twice to pass me. ^^look at the replays.

you didnt look championship minded lol. You wanted to win ;).

Last edited:

go to 8:25 seconds in this video and watch from there Lucky. i think thats proof enough that i had no intention of wrecking you.
Two wide into massanet? i could have easily drove you wide into the wall. I had the inside line after all.....but i held tight to the inside to make sure i didnt hit you and you came out ahead.

Peter, it looked like you spun into the pits, was that the reason your car drove thru? I had no problems with pitstops.

I didn't actually, I just ran into bitter luck, as usual. I'm hoping to be able to take the cake at the Nurburgring at least, that's a track that I do quite well at. La Sarthe, i'm good there too, but I doubt i'm winning material as yet.

Peter.
I didn't actually, I just ran into bitter luck, as usual. I'm hoping to be able to take the cake at the Nurburgring at least, that's a track that I do quite well at. La Sarthe, i'm good there too, but I doubt i'm winning material as yet.

My pit in practice did the same thing. Didn't have an issue in the race, but I took a close line to the wall when I had the glitch, and in the race went as wide as possible each time.

lol peter your too much. you say this before every single race. perhaps if you drop expectations you'll perform better?

It's not actually his first race, he has raced with us before, just not this season.

Also regarding Atlas, me and you, there was nothing I could have done at that time to avoid Atlas, nor you to avoid me. Worst thing about it was I had just pitted a few laps before hand, and got front, rear, and engine damage, hence why you got to the pits before me. I don't think the incident cost me any positions in the end, just the comfort of having a pit stop in hand over 4th, so I ended up running the final 18 laps in one go. If I finished ahead of you, it wouldn't have been on merit or pace, just luck. I had a major off day on the track this week. Hopefully I can pick up the pace in the final 2 rounds, but this is looking like a formality to me.

Back