GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
The Vette is already at 670! But I guess we could do that, wich RX-7 is better LM or Touring?
The RX-7 can only go up to 1175 correct?
How about 1175kg and let the GT-R take the extra ballast for being AWD(wich I would think will be mostly tuned out anyways)?

Did some laps last night on Spa in a japanese guys room. 1150kg@600hp, laps with the Vette were 2:07-2:08 laps with the R390 were 2:05-2:07 laps with the Viper were 2:06-2:07. The Vette was fastest in the straight at over 310kmh, the R390 hit 309kmh, the Viper was around 305kmh.

Spa is always gonna favor the high horse power cars guys, remember that our rules are ment for a balanced overall season and not just one track, troughout the season the cars will epose their weaknesses and strenghts and use them accordingly. Or wecould always go to GT2 specs where all the cars are dead even at all tracks.

Jav
Spa is always gonna favor the high horse power cars guys, remember that our rules are ment for a balanced overall season and not just one track, troughout the season the cars will epose their weaknesses and strenghts and use them accordingly. Or wecould always go to GT2 specs where all the cars are dead even at all tracks.

Hmmm... GT2 discounts the RX7 TC...

But includes the R8 LMS....

And we know how close the GT2 cars are on every track, we can tune the Viper, Ford GT, and pretty much all the GT1 cars down to GT2 spec and it should mae for some awsome racing!!

My testing showed the 3 cars were even, the reason the Vette was slower was due to running wide in one section which cost me time, every lap, so a suspension fix would put it right there with both other cars. Plus it was congested, full room.

To be honest, GT2 was boring to drive. Floor it from every corner on low tires pretty much. I'd much rather have 600hp and light weight. (1150-1200kgs)

Yeah, GT1 is much more fun and challenging but the differences in performance will be there troughout all of the different tracks. Wich isn't too bad anyways...

Last edited:
tissimo
To be honest, GT2 was boring to drive. Floor it from every corner on low tires pretty much. I'd much rather have 600hp and light weight. (1150-1200kgs)

The R8 was a blast to drive last season. When I gave the z a run, it seemed much more stable in the low speed sections.

Laps at Spa were 3 seconds slower with mediums. I used the C5R. Probably 5 seconds slower. I pushed with mediums on, just did casual laps with softs thanks to traffic. Turn in and corner grip are the biggest difference.

Mediums? No sir, I like it soft.

That sounded rather wrong.

Can someone please set a room up to do some Spa testing?

I really don't see what's so bad about it? Yes PD has close ties with Nissan, yes they are biased, but who put up all the money to fund the GT Academy? What's so wrong about it? Yes 4 Skylines, yes 4 of the greatest cars ever made plus a whole bunch of other cars, yes I would much rather have a rece moded Ferrari but we don't have it and the simple fact that we are getting more for this game all the time is good enough for me.

GT2 spec. I would assume Hard Racing tires then?

I really like FAST cars.

Screw it let's run NSX RM's full tilt on softs!!! Then use other RM's and DLC's to make a Class. Called " GTPFIA GT-RM Series"

Agree Jav, I don't want more Nissans. However they have done a bunch for the GT5 Academy and all. So yea it's expected to be full of Nissans. I have no issues with it. :) I do want a Mustang RM though.

Who know's let's see what this surprise is all about, Signatech LMP2 car anyone?

I like the idea of a single class format the best. 1200kg/600hp is great, any more or less may ruin the fun.

i still can not purchase the DLC keeps saying nothing available

it would also be great to know what's going on with cars selections bhp? weight?

It's not available for us in the US yet Lucky, but car selection won't be open till the last pre-season.

Jav
It's not available for us in the US yet Lucky, but car selection won't be open till the last pre-season.

thanks yea i seen the 25th, haven't we waited long enough they took their sweet a** time making the game so we should not expect them to ever make a release date

Yeah, I know how you feel... Let's see what this "surprise" is all about...

Back