GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Holdenhsvgtsr
Cmc don't do veyrons

Thats why I said (i think) as I wasnt sure of the brand...

Anyways- am I the only person here that immediately ordered the AutoArt Nissan Skyline Group 5 car (from gt4)?

1000+ hp FTW!

Last edited:
Thats why I said (i think) as I wasnt sure of the brand...

Anyways- am I the only person here that immediately ordered the AutoArt Nissan Skyline Group 5 car (from gt4)?

1000+ hp FTW!

yeah cause minichamps/autoart is easy to confuse with cmc 💡

almost like confusing a ferrari with a pontiac.

oh and that car had no where near 1000bhp.

yeah cause minichamps/autoart is easy to confuse with cmc 💡

almost like confusing a ferrari with a pontiac.

oh and that car had no where near 1000bhp.

Anyways, its not ferrari, pontiac.

More Ferrari, Porsche.

Well, the Gt4 one did, but you know: Kaz+Nissan= *Wack*

I like Vipers.[/IMG]
As do I young man. So much in fact I have every episode of the Viper Tv show that was to most people, lame and horrible to watch. Ahhhhh childhood Tv shows haha

Nice collection by the way.

I have 4 vipers of my own. All 1/18. Dodge Viper R/T10 Red, GTS Blue, SRT10 Red and GTS-R Team Oreca White and blue livery

DRIFT4EVA
As do I young man. So much in fact I have every episode of the Viper Tv show that was to most people, lame and horrible to watch. Ahhhhh childhood Tv shows haha

Nice collection by the way.

I have 4 vipers of my own. All 1/18. Dodge Viper R/T10 Red, GTS Blue, SRT10 Red and GTS-R Team Oreca White and blue livery

They had a TV show?

They had a TV show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_(TV_series)

viper-series.jpg

The three cars I ordered over the interwebs came today while I was at school. Well, they actually came yesterday, but my dad wasn't home, so they didn't drop them off. All of the cars look very nice, but phone pictures will have to suffice until my mom brings home the good camera tomorrow.

The Corvette was the cheapest model of the bunch (but only about $2.50 less than the Merc), and as expected, it does have lower quality materials than the Porsche. That said, all the materials feel nice, all the detailing is very good, and the car feels very, very sturdy. My only gripe is that the passenger door doesn't shut correctly.

2012-10-24160122.jpg

The 350SL is mid-pack as far as price goes (though less than half of what the AutoArt Porsche was), and it has a very good material quality to price ratio. The entire car is well-built, and everything is easy to operate, though one of the wheels doesn't move very smoothly; I'll attribute that to the fact that the car must have been sitting for a while (it was a bit dusty).

2012-10-24160132.jpg

The '64 Porsche is the most expensive of the bunch, and its materials feel very nice. The car feels lightweight, but sturdy, and everything opens and shuts correctly. The interior is very nice, and the detailing on the engine is impeccable. My only gripe is that the windows come rolled up, which makes opening the doors difficult.

2012-10-24160221.jpg

Oh man what are you doing to me! I'm looking at that Porsche for weeks! Really nice color too.

I've bought a bonsai tree today, it looks like it's scaled down :lol: Maybe I'll put in the in the background when I'm finally ordering this Porsche. :D

Oh man what are you doing to me! I'm looking at that Porsche for weeks! Really nice color too.

I've bought a bonsai tree today, it looks like it's scaled down :lol: Maybe I'll put in the in the background when I'm finally ordering this Porsche. :D

As far as I can tell so far, it's well worth the price. Very high quality car, everything is perfectly aligned, and the mouse fur texture inside the interior as well as the trunk feels really nice. :dopey:

DRIFT4EVA
You can see it on youtube. Annoyingly the episodes are split into 4 or 5 sections per episode

Oh.

Well I was hunting around on eBay today and I saw a 1/18 Exoto 1967 Lotus Ford 49 with a driver figure in it for $125! Kind of a steal...especially if its an Exoto....

-> For some odd reason, I have a deep soft spot with AutoArt's Plain Bodies. Here are some of my favorites:

41FcaKwB-NL.jpg

2218262200102780785S600x600Q85.jpg

jaguar-xjr-9-plain-body-version-diecast-model-car-hpi-racing-0995-p.jpg
volvo-240-turbo-plain-body-version-white-diecast-model-car-autoart-88690-p.jpg

model32620.jpg

aa80646_1.jpg
autoart-bmw-320i-e46-wtcc-plain-body-version-black.jpg

4129819962_c597836920_z.jpg

aa80527_2.jpg
8194.jpg

plainbodysb.jpg

autoart-bmw-m3-gtr-plain-body-version-in-white.JPG

^ I'm not a full-on collector yet, but at least I have a shopping list! :sly:

Another Holden livery

F9D9DB12-4E6E-47E1-B82F-11C76DCC18C1-147-0000001123FBC216.jpg

This week we are very pleased to be releasing two 1:18 Scale V8 Supercars from the Team BOC / Brad Jones Racing stable, the 1:18 Scale Holden VEII Commodore 2011 Race 8 Winner driven by Jason Bright and the 1:18 Scale Holden VEII Commodore 2011 AGP podium car driven by the late Jason Richards.

Our first release this week, the Jason Bright Team BOC Commodore from the 2011 Perth Challenge was a breakthrough race for Jason and the Team BOC crew, with it being the first Championship race win for the Jones boys in Albury. Last years first win for the team, with Brighty at the helm, meant a great deal to BJR, but also to the wider V8 Community as it was very well documented that the late Jason Richards had been pivotal in the turn around in form of the Albury squad.

Which leads us to the second of the two Team BOC models we are releasing this week. Last years Australian Grand Prix saw Sebastian Vettel romp home to take the win, but it wasn’t that race that many people will remember, it was the V8 Support race on Saturday evening. A young guy by the name of Jason Richards almost pulled off an impossible feat. Having been diagnosed with adrenocortical carcinoma late in 2010, many people thought that we had seen the last of JR in a race car, let alone in a race itself. Having won a race in the Development Series the week before in Adelaide however, it was clear that JR hadn’t lost any of the talent that had seen him on the Bathurst podium three times.

So, aboard the second of the Team BOC Commodores at the AGP, JR went out to win, and he damn well nearly did, just pipped to the post by Garth Tander in the HRT Commodore. JR sadly lost his battle with cancer in December of last year and has been deeply missed by the Australian motorsport community. So, it is with the deepest of respect that we are releasing the Team BOC Jason Richards Commodore this week with part proceeds from the sale of every JR car being donated to his widow and two children.

I remember a few years back I sent a mate in Australia aload of my certificates to get signed when he went to bathurst one of which was a jr one. When he sent them back over to me jr had have him aload of posters and signed them aswell.

Quick video that V8 supercars did after he passed away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUevwxobras&hd=1

This was 2 months before he passed away still racing V8's at the mountain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRR4mToMYxc

Back