GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
New arrival from Ebbro - and it's rather a bargain :sly:

Nice background too! What is it? A drawing?

Mysterious pics! - Would suggest you close down your aperture more as your DoF drops of rather quickly at f5.6.

Quick update :)
8600846690_8fc28829ce_z.jpg
Coming along quite nicely!

1:18 AutoArt – Jaguar XJ13

ScaleModels-0670.jpg

ScaleModels-0671.jpg

ScaleModels-0672.jpg

ScaleModels-0675.jpg

ScaleModels-0676.jpg

ScaleModels-0679.jpg

ScaleModels-0681.jpg

ScaleModels-0685.jpg

ScaleModels-0688.jpg

ScaleModels-0689.jpg

ScaleModels-0692.jpg

ScaleModels-0695.jpg

ScaleModels-0697.jpg

Last edited:
That makes my lowly AUTOart look like a toy -___-

If their detailing is the same as early 1990's you have nothing to worry about. I'm really hoping that 13 years of absence has improved the details and quality.

Dat XJ13..... :eek:👍

Love the details on the car, and from the photos, almost like the real thing nearly.

I gotta get a AutoArt or a CMC! :drool::eek:

Ok, truck load of pics incoming...
AUTOart Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4:

AUTOart Aston Martin V12 Vantage:

UT Models BMW E36 M3 Coupe:

Apex Bottle-O Bathurst 2012 Falcon

IMG_8879-001_zpsebbd6f1a.jpg
I've been waiting for you to post this up. 👍
Did you manage to get it for retail price?

I love how Apex have re-done the wheels and it's a really nice model.
They even replicated the "GT" badge on the grille!
Rear camber does seem a tad much though imo.

I've been waiting for you to post this up. 👍
Did you manage to get it for retail price?

I love how Apex have re-done the wheels and it's a really nice model.
They even replicated the "GT" badge on the grille!
Rear camber does seem a tad much though imo.

I actually got it for less than retail.

Cant go wrong with Ebbro's either,thats one sharp looking Gallardo! Diecast or resin?

To be frank I'm not entirely sure. Resine I would guess because it's a bit lighter, but then it's a GT car :sly: One can see however how Ebbro raised the bar in recent years.

Still nice amount of bling and I really love the golden rims.

I went to some lengths to get this Gallardo. One went in excess of 60 € on ebay. Then I got a ~40 € one from France, but it arrived damaged. I was really gutted. But third time lucky, a small online shop offered this one at a very reasonable price. So I'm really feeling happy now.

Nice background too! What is it? A drawing?

Thanks! I'm messing around a bit with a small makeshift lightbox (made out of cardboard and a 5 € lamp) and a rather dated digicam. The pincushion effect is really annoying, but after I broke out my tripod and went to the other end of the focal length, things are looking better (pics to come). Still a bit hard to manage focus depth and lots of trial and error, but I so far managed to refuse to buy a better cam. After all, good pics are not a question of money, right? :sly:

For anyone interested, the garage came from here (scaled down to fit 1:43 scale) http://www.carrera4fun.de/4_gebaeude/diorama2.htm

and some rather good free textures from here (registration required) http://www.cgtextures.com/

1:43 Toyota GT86 Gazoo (2012) von ItsHimness auf Flickr

1:43 Toyota GT86 Gazoo (2012) von ItsHimness auf Flickr

Though I'll get some more IKEA lamps of different strengths. The lightning is well off for an outdoor shooting.

All right, I gave in and got a new camera. It's a point-and-shoot and not a DSLR, but it features RAW mode and it was half-price on Amazon, so what the heck - here are some pics (I've got to work on my "diorama" to make place for at least two models, the GT-R looks so intimidating next to "proper" sports cars).

1:43 Nissan GT-R GT1 2010 von ItsHimness auf Flickr

I also got a Ford GT LM in white from Spark - some of those plain body cars look just dead gorgeous - was thinking about getting the Alpina BMW, too, but it's a bit too pricy still considering I'm not one of the huge Beemer fans out there. But the model looks really sharp in plain body dress.

Damn that looks good. I want one too. Ebbro?

Edit:
Nice photos too from your new camera 👍

Last edited:

I also got a Ford GT LM in white from Spark - some of those plain body cars look just dead gorgeous - was thinking about getting the Alpina BMW, too, but it's a bit too pricy still considering I'm not one of the huge Beemer fans out there. But the model looks really sharp in plain body dress.
Oh man so tempted to get one of those Ebbro R35 GT1's.
The Ford GT LM is pricey but looks totally worth it.
Might be the start of a plain body race car collection? :)

1:18 AutoArt – Jaguar XJ13

Very nice! I would love to pick up more models of old Le Mans cars. AutoArt seem to be getting better with details?

That is EPIC.

That is indeed epic. When the person opens the doors of the Aventador, it opens up by itself. Do you know if that is spring assisted or how they are making the doors open up?

Nice M3! I saw that you also have a blue M Coupe. Is that also an UT model? Also, what scale is the M Coupe in?

Nice M3! I saw that you also have a blue M Coupe. Is that also an UT model? Also, what scale is the M Coupe in?
Yep, the blue M-Coupe is indeed a 1/18 UT like the E36. I also have a UT E46 328i Sport. I need to take some newer pics of that one tho...

And speaking of Aventadors, my AUTOart 1/18 one has spring loaded doors like that Pocher, though they aren't as smooth. They kinda just snap up lol
Might make a vid someday of my AUTOart Aventador, LFA, and McLaren F1 showing all of their features.

Back