GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Is this the exact model? It's weathered, and do those lights really work? :drool:

How far are you with your collection? :D

Yep, it's exactly like that. But 120 euros for a model that you pay 45 euros for at CK Modelcars in its original state is a huge price difference. I'm trying to get in contact with the seller to see if anything can be discussed.

My collection hasn't gotten any larger since January. I moved back to Belgium to get a job and I've been working here for nearly 2 months now. Looking to start and add some models to my collection now, but there's so much good stuff on ebay!

I currently have a bid on a '98 TS020, and the seller also has a Bentley Speed 8 by AutoART for sale. Which is why I'm trying to get that R8 cheaper. If not, I may try and get the Speed 8, but I'm not sure if its a model I desperately want. If you compare it to the TS020 by AutoART, it kind of loses a lot of impression without all those opening parts the TS020 has.

The last model I received was a Norev Audi R15. Looks pretty good, nothing special. The R15 looks so good, but I don't like the R15+ as much, and sadly Spark only makes the R15+ :(

Hmm yes that's pricey. But still cool to have a model with lights :D Asks for diorama!

Good luck with your job! Do you speak with a funny accent now? :D
But the Speed 8 and TS020 are both beautiful! I must make photos of them next to each other. I've posted a photo of my Speed 8 some days ago. But it's very true the TS020 is the better one if you look at the details, and maybe the better one to go with since the TS030 is almost there! Yeah! Can't wait. Still waiting on my e-mail for the R18 though....

I think I like the R15 more too, the + has a weird looking front end. Are the Norev's worth their money? I was looking at a few on eBay. It looks to be a good choice after Spark. I saw a Norev Peug 908 1:18 and Minichamps 908, they go around the same price but no idea what's the better one. Any ideas?

I'd put Norev and Minichamps equal to each other. The only thing that I don't like about Norev is that they offer almost nothing. It's like Spark but without the beautiful paintjobs they deliver. They do feel heavy and sturdy, though. But for 908s I'd definitely pick Norev over Minichamps. For some reason they just look better. I paid 40 euros for my R15, and I'd say it was well worth it.

And no, I still speak pure-bread Dutch :P

I think the reason the Speed 8 doesn't feel like a model I really have to have, is because I never saw it on television. I started really following Le Mans around 2004 when Team Goh won the race with the R8. But then again I never saw the Porsche WSC-95 on television, but I just love that model for that typical 90's Le Mans look it has.

Spark 2012 lemans cars are out

1C5DFBC2-6E58-4BC7-81C4-34BB914CC093-129-00000001924CFE54_zps29647f3c.jpg

ACAA8603-06B0-480B-B774-B3F5ABACF431-129-0000000198FA4C0A_zps1c837a31.jpg

0611C6FE-0809-41FD-B0CC-B8A4A6B9C3D3-129-000000019CBD6B74_zps7b8e2484.jpg

Well, with Spark you are paying for precision and finish. Spark models have no opening parts, but the precision they finish their liveries with is stunning! They only make resin models as well in 1:18 scale I think, just as a heads-up. I have a Porsche WSC-95 from Spark, and love it to death.

Unfortunately Holdenhsv has had a bad experience with Spark, receiving broken models. Or well, parts of what used to be a model.

I guess you can always have some bad luck with purchasing models. Like how Exoto has such incredible detail, but their customer service is one of the worst around. There's tons of horror stories over at diecast forums about Exoto. But I believe anyone can get bad luck with any kind of model manufacturer.

From my side, though, I can 100% recommend Spark models.

Bram Turismo
Well, with Spark you are paying for precision and finish. Spark models have no opening parts, but the precision they finish their liveries with is stunning! They only make resin models as well in 1:18 scale I think, just as a heads-up. I have a Porsche WSC-95 from Spark, and love it to death.

Unfortunately Holdenhsv has had a bad experience with Spark, receiving broken models. Or well, parts of what used to be a model.

I guess you can always have some bad luck with purchasing models. Like how Exoto has such incredible detail, but their customer service is one of the worst around. There's tons of horror stories over at diecast forums about Exoto. But I believe anyone can get bad luck with any kind of model manufacturer.

From my side, though, I can 100% recommend Spark models.

Ok. I'm really considering that Toyota.. and I've never had a problem with Exoto... have any of you?

Every time I come in here temptation strikes and I ask myself why I started collecting 1/18 and not 1/24 which are easier to find (and generally cheaper). Then again, I do love my 1/18s. I am on the verge of getting the otto E39 that is about to be released. It's either that or some other porsche that isn't a 993 (Seeing I've got 3 of those)

I am on the verge of getting the otto E39 that is about to be released. It's either that or some other porsche that isn't a 993 (Seeing I've got 3 of those)

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

To be honest though, there's a good chance you won't be able to get the Otto E39 M5 that's being re-released. There are a couple of European model sites that should have it about the third week into the month. It actually works pretty well since they end up being about the same price if not cheaper than ordering direct.

What Porsche 911 993 do you have?

To be honest though, there's a good chance you won't be able to get the Otto E39 M5 that's being re-released. There are a couple of European model sites that should have it about the third week into the month. It actually works pretty well since they end up being about the same price if not cheaper than ordering direct.

What Porsche 911 993 do you have?

:lol: yeah I'd pre-order it, saw something like that on eBay
These are the 993s
9098771282_1269c46c06.jpg

Arena red one is an anson model I got for cheap and reprinted then decided to open up when I got the black one and keep the rest for parts

As long as you would like to take. :P

I've bought 9 exoto models and haven't had any issue yet! :D

Well I bought the Daytona Cobra and Ford 999 in the space of a week in that order. After a few days I had seen the 999 was in transit but the Daytonas still waiting to be authorised. After a few days I phoned them to find out what was happening they said they would look into it and phone me back and never did.

Few more days and I phoned them back they said the request had been sent to the shipping dept and it would be sent out that day. Again couple of days later still shown as being awaiting authorisation. Phoned again and they said they sent me an email to varify who I am before they could post it (if that was the case why post out the 999?) but he would personally take the request to shipping to post it out and in the mean time the 999 had arrived.

Had a look at the 999 and the brake diff was damaged and there was several bolts missing from the chassis. So back on the phone and they asked me to email pictures of it which I did while the guy was on the phone and he agreed to get ups to bring it back to them and once they have it back they will send out a replacement.

Ups came and picked it up although I noticed on the receipt given by the ups guy it was going to their damage evaluation centre not exoto. After a week I noticed it was still sitting with ups. Phoned exoto to ask for an update they said they would look into it and call back and again no call back. At this popping the Daytonas arrived and they were perfect.

Phoned exoto again and they said they had just had a ups guy at their office asking where the 999 model is and why I hadn't returned it back to them. Told them that they should check thier order tracking as it was showing as ups still having it, the guy from exoto said he was looking at the order tracking and it was still shown as being with me, told him to scroll down but he said that was the last info he could see although he then found it when I emailed him a screenshot of the order tracking page and a picture of the receipt which shows exoto requested it to go to the ups damage evaluation centre and not back to them. They said they would look into it.

After a couple weeks I checked the tracking again still shown as being with ups but status now shown as being abandoned. So phoned ups to find out what was going on they said they had paid out on it 3 and a half weeks previously on it for the company to send me a replacement. Phoned exoto asking for an update they said they were still waiting for ups to evaluate it and pay out. Told them I had spoken to ups and they had paid out 3 weeks previous and sent them the info stating this and if they didnt send out my replacement I was putting a claim in with the bank to get my money refunded if it wasn't sent out that day and the tracking info emailed to me to know it was on the way which they did do and that one was fine when it arrived.

To get me back they put a value on the replacement one so I had to pay import tax and vat again!

So you're on the DX forums as well?

For £150 I just went for it in a heartbeat. It didn't win Le Mans, but I myself think it looks way better than the Renown livery 787b. And the #18 seems to be a rare model as well. I've seen it once before, it may have been Venom who has one, but I'm not sure.

Holdenhsvgtsr
Well I bought the Daytona Cobra and Ford 999 in the space of a week in that order. After a few days I had seen the 999 was in transit but the Daytonas still waiting to be authorised. After a few days I phoned them to find out what was happening they said they would look into it and phone me back and never did.

Few more days and I phoned them back they said the request had been sent to the shipping dept and it would be sent out that day. Again couple of days later still shown as being awaiting authorisation. Phoned again and they said they sent me an email to varify who I am before they could post it (if that was the case why post out the 999?) but he would personally take the request to shipping to post it out and in the mean time the 999 had arrived.

Had a look at the 999 and the brake diff was damaged and there was several bolts missing from the chassis. So back on the phone and they asked me to email pictures of it which I did while the guy was on the phone and he agreed to get ups to bring it back to them and once they have it back they will send out a replacement.

Ups came and picked it up although I noticed on the receipt given by the ups guy it was going to their damage evaluation centre not exoto. After a week I noticed it was still sitting with ups. Phoned exoto to ask for an update they said they would look into it and call back and again no call back. At this popping the Daytonas arrived and they were perfect.

Phoned exoto again and they said they had just had a ups guy at their office asking where the 999 model is and why I hadn't returned it back to them. Told them that they should check thier order tracking as it was showing as ups still having it, the guy from exoto said he was looking at the order tracking and it was still shown as being with me, told him to scroll down but he said that was the last info he could see although he then found it when I emailed him a screenshot of the order tracking page and a picture of the receipt which shows exoto requested it to go to the ups damage evaluation centre and not back to them. They said they would look into it.

After a couple weeks I checked the tracking again still shown as being with ups but status now shown as being abandoned. So phoned ups to find out what was going on they said they had paid out on it 3 and a half weeks previously on it for the company to send me a replacement. Phoned exoto asking for an update they said they were still waiting for ups to evaluate it and pay out. Told them I had spoken to ups and they had paid out 3 weeks previous and sent them the info stating this and if they didnt send out my replacement I was putting a claim in with the bank to get my money refunded if it wasn't sent out that day and the tracking info emailed to me to know it was on the way which they did do and that one was fine when it arrived.

To get me back they put a value on the replacement one so I had to pay import tax and vat again!

Well... That would suck.
Very happy I've never had exoto Issues.

So you're on the DX forums as well?

For £150 I just went for it in a heartbeat. It didn't win Le Mans, but I myself think it looks way better than the Renown livery 787b. And the #18 seems to be a rare model as well. I've seen it once before, it may have been Venom who has one, but I'm not sure.

Yeah I'm on there as the manager of the local model store is there and use it to keep in touch with him as I don't have Facebook. You just need to add the 1/18 blower to your collection ;)

Got texted a picture of the mini

2B5D2447-2BD7-44DA-A990-F0935ED09C04-604-00000066150B63F5_zpsa82c3d5c.jpg

Must...not...buy...more models this month!

Aargh, so hard not to buy more models. What an addiction this can become!

I'm trying to limit myself to a certain amount I want to spend each month on models, and I've just purchased two expensive models. Now I've spotted a Lola Aston Martin LMP1 for 145 euros including shipping from South-Korea, and an AutoART Nissan R390 for 150 euros including shipping from the UK.

Must resist! :crazy:

Must...not...buy...more models this month!

Aargh, so hard not to buy more models. What an addiction this can become!

I'm trying to limit myself to a certain amount I want to spend each month on models, and I've just purchased two expensive models. Now I've spotted a Lola Aston Martin LMP1 for 145 euros including shipping from South-Korea, and an AutoART Nissan R390 for 150 euros including shipping from the UK.

Must resist! :crazy:
Why bother resisting, when you can just buy :sly:

Better than having no money and wanting to buy everything you come across :(

Been there, done that. The day I got my first paycheck on my current job felt like a huge victory after being out of a job coming from university and even moving to a different country to find a job.

I see you're a fan :)
Just slightly obsessed. :sly:

I'll get a picture with all of my collection together one of these days.
TrackDay911s_zps72562676.jpg

I still want to get a 2.7 and/ or 3.0 Carrera RS. Pending Ebay purchase is a GT3 RS 996, which I'll find out in the next half hour if I won it or not.

Back