GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
MedigoFlame
They're $13 each at BJ's. As for Walmart, I suppose it's specific ones, because the one in my town used to hold diecast models and I remember as a kid I'd just go there when my parents went shopping just staring at all of them. Of course I couldn't buy them myself. These days, my Walmart doesn't hold any models...just radio controlled cars and Hot Wheels/Matchbox. I really do miss the days when the retailers carried scale models. :(

I want those 1:18s Kevin! :eek:👍

And I really missed K-Mart, Walmart and Target, even toy stores had them stacked up or in on shelves from $10-20 dollars USD! I haven't seen anything 1:18 in stores since 2006 or 2007. :(

But I do believe they still have 1:24s in stock, but it's kinda rare (in my area) these days. I only have luck at the malls or online now!

And after seeing alot of great cars in the previous pages, I'm thinking of getting a 1:18 or two (Maisto or a Bburago, nothing high end yet) for my birthday, even if it's the last day of July, I want one NAO!!! :lol: But I got other things on my mind of getting and how to get a 1:18 around my parents is making it tricker now!

1:18 AutoArt – Lexus LFA

ScaleModels-0962.jpg

ScaleModels-0963.jpg

ScaleModels-0972.jpg

ScaleModels-0973.jpg

ScaleModels-0974.jpg

ScaleModels-0975.jpg

ScaleModels-0976.jpg

ScaleModels-0978.jpg

Last edited:
Ebbro 1:43 scale Toyota levin AE86, alloy wheel option.

That's a goregous LFA,AMG. I always did like them in white.

Last edited:
Beautiful LFA AMG! 👍

Here are my beauties from over the last few weeks. The next model I'll probably buy is for my birthday in August which will without any doubt be the Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro 👍

AutoART Lola Aston Martin #007

eolz.jpg

frzj.jpg

x7r8.jpg

fwhn.jpg

Spark Audi R8 #3 ADT Champion Racing, 2005 24 Hours of Le Mans winner

0k0m.jpg

d2wn.jpg

qrsk.jpg

UT Models Porsche 993 GT1

vj1l.jpg

hkwp.jpg

Going to try and get all my models here over from Norway and placing them all in chronological order. Although, at this rate I'm going to need some special cases or a nice big vitrine for all of them.

What do you think of the R8 now you have it? Tempted to get another one off mike.

He did a very good job on it, although I think it lacks just a bit of grease on the headlight covers. I find them a bit too clear compared to the race dirt over the rest of the car. I don't think I can justify getting a more expensive model done by him as I already paid 100 euros for a 45 euro Spark model.

Overall very happy, though. But nothing can currently touch the V12 LMR and the Lola Aston Martin in my collection. AutoART just did a stunning job on the Aston Martin, and I keep eyecandy-ing on it the entire time!

I get what you mean although normally during the race they would clean the heaights more than the body so the drivers could see where they are going!

Have the norev verson of the aston, does the rear clam come off that?

I get what you mean although normally during the race they would clean the heaights more than the body so the drivers could see where they are going!

Have the norev verson of the aston, does the rear clam come off that?

Aye, but keep in mind that they always do a last full stint before the finish, and the track is probably dirty as hell at that point.

You can open the engine cover and the doors on AutoART's version. I'm really glad I paid so much extra for it, it's simply a beautiful model.

Nice LFA AMG! Great pics as usual 👍 The darker background works really well.

Lights look nice on both the Aston and Audi. Maybe I would have to get one myself :D How do you guys look these up?

And Bram about those vitrines, I have the same problem :lol: Not sure what I want, I like to spread them about the room but buying cases for all of them...

Completed my Rennsport collection with the addition of the 2.7 RS today. There are many other "RS" 911s out there I could get as well, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this set.

9284387277_836d9a8057_h.jpg

DBR9 is prettier cano!!!

:0 and dirtier. I love the lights on all these. The only way they could be even more brilliant is that, if you pop a strobe at them the numbers and all other stuff that lights up when hit by light would light up in here too.

Completed my Rennsport collection with the addition of the 2.7 RS today. There are many other "RS" 911s out there I could get as well, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this set.

Supercool! Now you need at least one RSR version of each gen (:

I just have to get this out of my system; I sometimes hate being a collector! Every once in a while you stumble upon something that you know you'll have to have, or your collection isn't complete.
I collect 1:18 GT1/GTS cars, ranging from BPR/LM -94' to FIA GT/LM -11'.
As far as I was aware until two days ago, I was missing three Nissans (R390 -97 and -98, GT-R GT1), one Porsche (911 GT2 -99'), one (could be two, if the Diablo GTR is considered, however, it basically only raced at the Spa 24hrs in an invitational class, but as a GT1 in a national championship) Lambo (Murcielago R-SV GT1) of all the cars existing to date.
Sucker.
I found out that Maisto - albeit many years ago - made a 100pcs limited run of the Jaguar XJ220 GT1 -95. Since it exists, I'm gonna have to get one. One was sold at auction some time ago, and the price was way under what I'd thought it would be. But sadly, that is all I know about the model. If anyone has any info, no matter how small, I would be extremely grateful if you shared it with me.

Edit: I have found out that 100pcs is only for a certain paint job. Actually, there are 250pcs, 100 from LM -95´ picture, 100 from LM -93´ picture, and 50 in another livery from BPR -96´ picture. At auctions, they seem to go for £80-90, wich is very reasonable to me. Sadly auctions are few and far between.

Last edited:
Beautiful LFA AMG! 👍

Here are my beauties from over the last few weeks. The next model I'll probably buy is for my birthday in August which will without any doubt be the Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro 👍

AutoART Lola Aston Martin #007

Spark Audi R8 #3 ADT Champion Racing, 2005 24 Hours of Le Mans winner

UT Models Porsche 993 GT1

Going to try and get all my models here over from Norway and placing them all in chronological order. Although, at this rate I'm going to need some special cases or a nice big vitrine for all of them.

Authentic models. :drool:
Mind if you take some photos of the Lola Aston's interior and engine bay (if you can)? :P

With a lineup like that Id be satisfied too. Damn what a collection.:scared:

Thanks for the info a few pages back guys!

I was at Sonoma raceway, which had a decent selection of models. The one which caught my eye was a Lola-Aston Martin 007, but it had the ALMS and not LMS numbers on it. $300 seemed like alot of money to drop at the time, for something which may have broken on the return journey home... Next time...

And sadly, the poster I have is a 997... I really ought to post a pic of it on here, it's pretty cool.

May have a rather slightly unhealthy obsession with the DBR9 now.....
9302322067_a0df9e2da1_b.jpg

9305104818_eede73132f_b.jpg

9305103386_a76d80e11f_b.jpg

few people asking how the switch looks
IMG_3742-001_zps3f9db5bd.jpg

have now commissioned another model from mike.

Yeah was rather impressed with the cost considering the base model along is about 60 euro and on the shipping postage thing on the box was 18.75 euro.

The next one will be abit more as the base model is 90 euro!

Back