GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
:scared: That's 100 more than I thought :grumpy:

You can get them from Escala-18.com for 179.95 euros. But being that much cheaper, it seems fishy to me.

I got in my #007 Lola Aston Martin today. The most beautiful LMP car since the TS020 in my opinion. Compared to the Mazda 787b, it turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. The air intake on the engine cover was loose inside the box. Having spent so much money on this model and looking forward to it so much, I nearly cried thinking of what kind of horror was lurking deeper inside the box. Turns out there was one small additional issue. There is a small mesh plastic part that's supposed to be placed inside the air intake above the front splitter that has come off.

The air intake is repaired, but I cannot place the mesh part back unless I unscrew the whole thing. It is not a visible part when the model is displayed, but I'll have to live with the fact that a model I wanted so badly is not in perfect shape.

I don't know how far I want to go through a hassle of getting a replacement since it obviously is shipping damage and for some reason I don't want to be dealing with sending models back and forth to Italy.

But now that it is displayed, you cannot see any flaws and it looks so pretty. It is just such a stunning model, I just want to hug whoever makes these things by hand.

By pure chance was I able to get hold of a Lexus LFA white (normal version). Will take photographs later.

I just fetched me this for £35:

cotxes012ho0.jpg

1. It's made by UT Models. My very first model was a UT Models. I love UT Models!
2. It's a Le Mans racer
3. Being such a young lad at the actual time, GT cars are so nostalgic for me. Always wanted a 993 GT1.
4. £35
5. Unopened, unused, untouched.

Such a happy lad :D

Love the GT1. I have the updated version with #7.

Luckily the mesh part isn't visible, don't think I would've sent it back.

Love the GT1. I have the updated version with #7.

Luckily the mesh part isn't visible, don't think I would've sent it back.

Yeah, I probably would've sent it back if there was big damage. I can probably unscrew the bottom and place it back, but I'm scared that I might completely ruin the aerials and antennas.

Damn man that GT1 is a good catch :)

I'm assuming the Lola Aston you're referring to is an Autoart Signature? How much do they go for over there?

I just fetched me this for £35:

1. It's made by UT Models. My very first model was a UT Models. I love UT Models!
2. It's a Le Mans racer
3. Being such a young lad at the actual time, GT cars are so nostalgic for me. Always wanted a 993 GT1.
4. £35
5. Unopened, unused, untouched.

Such a happy lad :D
UT? Mine is made by Anson! Different car though, with #25 on the side...
But I do love UT Models. I have a Macca GTR Longtail and a Porsche 911 GT1 Evo from them.

Damn man that GT1 is a good catch :)

I'm assuming the Lola Aston you're referring to is an Autoart Signature? How much do they go for over there?

I bought mine off of Ebay for 175 euros, shipping included.

Custom model has been finished and shipped. Got sent some images, although all of them were rather dark. I think this image was the best of the bunch. I'll try to get some decent shots once it arrives 👍

3lzx.jpg

Last edited:
I think I want to start my collection, what's the best way to do so?

I have a signed Falken Porsche poster, which would look even more dope with a matching model, but I can't seem to find one

I think first of all you want to decide your theme. For example my theme is racing cars that took part in the 24 hours of Le Mans that are considered modern racing cars for myself. (1995 and beyond)

Then you need to think how much money you are willing to put into it. Because collecting modelcars is a very expensive hobby if you want the best quality. I have two models on my desk that are 375 euros worth of money. That's a lot of money for what many consider as toys.

I mostly collect cars I like, really. Although I would want to have a model of the winning car of every year from 1995 up to today, I just collect whatever car I like. There are some nostalgic Le Mans racers that I used to watch on television that I almost purely impulse-buy. Then there are racing cars I grew up with (Porsche 911 GT1, Toyota TS020) that I have to have in a Le Mans collection.

Either way, the first consideration is that it's a very expensive hobby to have.

I think first of all you want to decide your theme. For example my theme is racing cars that took part in the 24 hours of Le Mans that are considered modern racing cars for myself. (1995 and beyond)

I'll give you 50p for the 787 since it doesn't fit your collection so you won't want it ;)

I have a signed Falken Porsche poster, which would look even more dope with a matching model, but I can't seem to find one

Check out CK model cars, I believe they have a Spark model. It's resin though.

I don't know if your poster is of the 996 or not, but AutoArt made a 996 911 Falken Porsche. You should be able to find it one eBay every once in a while.

Buy models. No seriously there are soooo many ways to start a collection, themed or not, 1 scale or multiple, 1 brand or multiple. Find yourself a forum e.g. Diecastxchange and look around.

Personally I have 2 themes - All scales of the F40 & if possible models of all the cars I've owned so far.
My other cars are mostly 1:18 top brands and range from classics to super cars.

Wish you well with your collection!

I started with cars I thought I'd never see in my lifetime. The Xj-13 for example.

Then it moved to another theme. "Cars of Gran Turismo", all the cars I own in GT5 (not mods/colour changes. Stock) and I gave up. Might start with GT6.

Some very nice cars there guys:tup:

Got this delivered from eBay today, picked it up for $12.50, although postage was $4 more than the seller charged me so car was actually $8.50:D

Exactly, I was under the idea that those were ASFDGJBFKSDJGHEXPENSIVE now? How come you caught that one for freaking $15?

Wow those are bloody impossible to find in Asia nowadays, nice.

Exactly, I was under the idea that those were ASFDGJBFKSDJGHEXPENSIVE now? How come you caught that one for freaking $15?

Yeah, good find for the price...

Thanks guys:tup: yeah I thought it was a great price also, could be the way the seller listed it that helped me out:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251295304145?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Back