GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,790 comments
996 GT3 RSR from Minichamps. Older model of mine, but took it out for photos. Not nearly as cool as the ones posted above 😂

2023-04-29_02-56-58.jpg

2023-04-29_02-56-53.jpg

Last edited:
MSZ
I personally think those resin 992s look better than the Norev GT3, but to each his own.
1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.

MSZ
I personally think those resin 992s look better than the Norev GT3, but to each his own.
I agree, and normally I dont care if a model is sealed or has opening parts since I go for the best looking/most accurate model, but in this case I wanted all of my GT3 (non-RS) models to have opening parts.

I agree, and normally I dont care if a model is sealed or has opening parts since I go for the best looking/most accurate model, but in this case I wanted all of my GT3 (non-RS) models to have opening parts.
I can see why these Norevs are so popular these days, they are cheap and a crapload of different colors to choose from.

It's funny that I still haven't own one single 992 yet, but I have about twenty different 991s.

MSZ
I can see why these Norevs are so popular these days, they are cheap and a crapload of different colors to choose from.

It's funny that I still haven't own one single 992 yet, but I have about twenty different 991s.
Indeed, I am thankful for the choices. Being a Porsche 911 model collector is easy sometimes, with many, many models to pick from. 😉

Once I sell my Minichamps 992, the Norev will be the only 992 I have for the time being. Waiting patiently for a release of a 992 GT3 RS model. And then the inevitable face-lift and Weissach editions... oh and a 992 GT2 someday. 😂

1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.
Personally I am not a fan of resin models because of the lack of opening parts, but there are a few models you just cant get with opening bits. The '97 BTCC Laguna, the XJ40 XJR and the E38 were models I really wanted so I had to overlook that. I'm glad I did as the quality of them makes up for the lack of being able to open doors etc.

I was curious about the Norev models but having seen a few on here they seem impressive.

Here is my entire GT3 collection in 1/18 scale to date (not including RS models). I am glad that every single 911 GT3 ever has not only been made in scale form, but all of these models here have opening parts, too.

52965157453_eda2f81aa5_b.jpg
I like the simplicity of a base model 911. I have a 993 carrera, 993 GT2, and 996GT3, and it's nice to see the evolution from new 993 (at the time) to something more focused.

Back