GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,789 comments
Hello, mates!

🇯🇵 Spark 1:43 #60 Subaru Leone 4WD RX 1983 "スコラチャレンジャースバル"

The first full-fledged all-wheel drive circuit racing car in the history of motorsport, and of course this is Subaru. ✨
Under the hood is a turbocharged boxer of the AE 1.8 liter series.

🏁1983, Fuji track, 1000 km race. Pilots: Kazuo Shimizu/Toru Itabashi/Shiro Takaoka
In their class (B) they finished quite far, in 6th place. But it was the debut for the car. ...about a month later, the car came in 4th place at the Suzuka 1000 km race with number #14. 🤘

PS: The model is from Spark, the packaging says it's Suzuki 1000km, but there was this Leon number #14, but in fact it's Fuji 1000km. Such is the historical oversight from such a cool manufacturer.

SZIZCDg0Hpo.jpg
N-EQEVhccfs.jpg
rYAYVvjlrz8.jpg
7AAbMMv-m60.jpg
aBc_VRpBiHU.jpg
nqFgxKUq3ZY.jpg
-Sr0bHVjQ3U.jpg
wrOi2k5I-rM.jpg

to be continued....
My insta

Decent sized update. Went to Watkins Glen International last week for IMSA and it's supporting races. Didn't actually buy any models at the track from any vendors surprisingly, sort of wish I did for some. Ended up going to a store about an hour away from the track and grabbed these two. My brother bought a 1/18 Ricko Vector W8 for himself. (Still in the box)

AutoArt 1/18 Toyota MR2 Spyder
356828821_10231635225483071_5908975466903659189_n.jpg

Maisto 1/18 Morgan Aero 8
356810551_10231635226323092_8654204439154159813_n.jpg

If you're in the area, I highly recommend Adirondack Motorbooks & Collectibles in Palmyra, NY. Just the lone shop owner who is very kind and loves to talk about all sorts of automotive things. I still regret not grabbing a few more models while I was there, but I didn't really consider them until afterwards. He had an AutoArt 1/18 Jaguar XJ13, AutoArt 1/18 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 (in Bayside Blue in original diecast metal, not the new composite), and a AutoArt 1/18 Toyota TS020 GT-One in #3 1999 livery. Sadly after calling him when I got home, he doesn't ship or do over the phone purchases, so I'd kindly ask if anyone here is in the area if they could buy the TS020 for me and ship it to Maine, that'd be great.
356678758_10231635223643025_1130758688755304139_n.jpg

356839588_10231635222202989_2672334171087754354_n.jpg

Meanwhile, today Target was open and has the newly released Hot Wheels 1/43s.
357754163_10231686249558641_1673571304646147289_n.jpg

Detail is pretty decent, but the packaging is a bit too large for my liking. At least it's resealable, but a bit cumbersome for my clumsy hands. It does match correctly in scaling to my other 1/43 models, so at least that's correct. Wheels do not spin separately from each side, so it's a connected axle. The metal base definitely adds some weight to it.
358131980_10231686250878674_6083995945532575_n.jpg

A small photoshoot of cars from one great racing series, which has been giving pleasure for more than a dozen years. This is Australian V8 Supercars🏁🇦🇺

Today, these races are probably the closest thing to the classic old races that many are nostalgic for, where 550+ hp roar. V8 in a fight where contacts are not afraid.

For acquaintance with this series, I owe the simulator Gran Turismo, because it was there that the pop-eyed, breathtaking, with a superb huge rear wing (distinctive feature of V8SC) - Ford Falcon AU XR8 2000 # 5. Driven by Glenn Seton.

The second model is the 2017 Ford Falcon FGX #17 of SHELL V-Power Racing. This is a Gen.2 car of this series, the latest monster sedans with a kick-as* wing. Scott McLaughlin took pole position at the 2017 Bathurst 1000km, was first in the top 10 shootouts but in the race redurid due to engine failure ....

my insta to follow more

falcon au falcon fgx (2).jpg
falcon au falcon fgx (3).jpg
falcon au falcon fgx (21).jpg
falcon au falcon fgx (28).jpg
falcon au falcon fgx (10).jpg

👑 1/43 Matra Renault Espace F1 1994 (Spark S0300) - session of passion

Hi guys. Here is my top treasure of 1/43 collection
Legendary Gran Turismo 2 legend and love from very childhood. 300 units of the scale model in this spec was made.

For more photos can visit my blog here (not to spam with dozen of photos on the thread)
My inta

renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (17).jpg
renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (59).jpg

Also i have finished new scale location of studio garage with rotating stand. Here is the video of the Espace there :) with some Gran Turismo vibes

renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (55).jpg
renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (39).jpg
renault espace f1 spark diorama (34).jpg
renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (70).jpg
renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (63).jpg

and just for fun, the fastest tofu delivery ever ))

renault espace f1 spark 143 S0300 diorama pitlane (49).jpg

Last edited:
👑 1/43 Matra Renault Espace F1 1994 (Spark S0300) - session of passion

Hi guys. Here is my top treasure of 1/43 collection
Legendary Gran Turismo 2 legend and love from very childhood. 300 units of the scale model in this spec was made.

For more photos can visit my blog here (not to spam with dozen of photos on the thread)
My inta

View attachment 1272696View attachment 1272697

Also i have finished new scale location of studio garage with rotating stand. Here is the video of the Espace there :) with some Gran Turismo vibes
Awesome photos! Regret not buying the Ottomobile 1/18 scale version of the Espace F1. That Spark model looks great, but I imagine it's not really on sale anymore? Saw news that Solido will be making a 1/43 scale model and really want to get it. Don't want to miss out on another chance to get a scale model of the Espace F1.

Testing out a new camera...

As @ScottPye20 said, it is very tempting to get that model as I'm making a goal to get GT1 models. That's the resin model by GT Spirit, right? Tempted to get it from diecastmodelwholesale.

Awesome photos! Regret not buying the Ottomobile 1/18 scale version of the Espace F1. That Spark model looks great, but I imagine it's not really on sale anymore? Saw news that Solido will be making a 1/43 scale model and really want to get it. Don't want to miss out on another chance to get a scale model of the Espace F1.

As @ScottPye20 said, it is very tempting to get that model as I'm making a goal to get GT1 models. That's the resin model by GT Spirit, right? Tempted to get it from diecastmodelwholesale.
Yeah, it is the GT Spirit resin model. Probably will be the only R390 road car anyone ever makes considering how long it took for a manufacturer to make one.

Hard pass then.
Unfortunately a lot of oddball cars are only ever made in resin, since they won't make enough money to recoup costs if made in opening diecast. Cars like the Cizeta V16T, Vector M12, Isdera 112i, etc have only been made in resin and in rather low production numbers. Only modern big time supercars ever get made as opening models, usually by AUTOart or various Chinese brands.

PSA: 1:18 LCD Zonda Barchetta in blue carbon fiber is out in China, grab one before they're all gone.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a lot of oddball cars are only ever made in resin, since they won't make enough money to recoup costs if made in opening diecast. Cars like the Cizeta V16T, Vector M12, Isdera 112i, etc have only been made in resin and in rather low production numbers. Only modern big time supercars ever get made as opening models, usually by AUTOart or various Chinese brands.
Personally, I don't have any issues with resin/sealed models, in fact about half my collection is sealed models. I am just happy that many oddball cars do get made in scale model form at all. Are some resin models too expensive? Oh, most definitely. But (relatively) cheaper brands out there like Otto and GT Spirit are great at releasing cars no one else has bothered to make and I am all for it.

In related news, my latest add. 1/18 Porsche 964 Carrera RS in Maritime Blue from GT Spirit.
53044133161_110f15ec57_b.jpg

Personally, I don't have any issues with resin/sealed models, in fact about half my collection is sealed models. I am just happy that many oddball cars do get made in scale model form at all. Are some resin models too expensive? Oh, most definitely. But (relatively) cheaper brands out there like Otto and GT Spirit are great at releasing cars no one else has bothered to make and I am all for it.

In related news, my latest add. 1/18 Porsche 964 Carrera RS in Maritime Blue from GT Spirit.
53044133161_110f15ec57_b.jpg
Some people are taking this hobby way too seriously. On one certain diecast forum there is a diecast only dude trolls on every thread possible to point out how much he hates resin models.

Guess what? Sealed 1:18 models have been around for decades. The rise of sealed models not only because of costs, but the market demands it.

MSZ
On one certain diecast forum there is a diecast only dude trolls on every thread possible to point out how much he hates resin
Wondering if I've encountered this same person, because a while back someone on a model forum gave me a hard time for buying so many resin models accusing me of being "part of the problem with collecting today." I get that some prefer diecast but to give people a hard time for buying resin models is absurd.

Wondering if I've encountered this same person, because a while back someone on a model forum gave me a hard time for buying so many resin models accusing me of being "part of the problem with collecting today." I get that some prefer diecast but to give people a hard time for buying resin models is absurd.
lol they think the extreme minority such as internet forum collectors are going to change the scale model market in any shape of forms?

On top of that, it's the Chinese who dictates where the market goes right now. There is absolutely nothing those diehards can do no matter how much they boyscout sealed models.

MSZ
PSA: 1:18 LCD Zonda Barchetta in blue carbon fiber is out in China, grab one before they're all gone.

Thanks for the tipoff. On that note about LCD, as a fellow Canadian, where would you go to look for LCD models?

I dropped off this hobby back in 2019 so there may be new outlets that opened up. I still only think of CK, Modellisimo, eBay (for Asia), amiami, hobbysearch.

Thanks for the tipoff. On that note about LCD, as a fellow Canadian, where would you go to look for LCD models?

I dropped off this hobby back in 2019 so there may be new outlets that opened up. I still only think of CK, Modellisimo, eBay (for Asia), amiami, hobbysearch.
Aliexpress. You can find some gems there from time to time.

I bought my Almost Real Zonda F last year for less than $270 USD shipped.

MSZ
Some people are taking this hobby way too seriously. On one certain diecast forum there is a diecast only dude trolls on every thread possible to point out how much he hates resin models.

Guess what? Sealed 1:18 models have been around for decades. The rise of sealed models not only because of costs, but the market demands it.
Lol I know who you are talking about, and yeah it is pretty annoying.

I remember a year or so ago there was some left over AutoArt R390s for sale for some time. No livery sadly, but they were being discounted. Really regret not buying that, considering those had the opening parts. But I definitely think I'll still go with the resin GT Spirit! Resin models are still good, especially when you don't have to worry about shut lines or loose hinges. Going to order one now!

Also, decided to order my first ever Solido model. Alpine A110R.

Back