GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
DQuaN
Arsenals new signing Tomas Rosicky looks very handy. :D

Kollers injury looks pretty serious. It does look like a hamstring problem. I don't see him playing any further part in the World Cup.
I think they just reported it wasn't a hamstring, as they showed him walking away in good spirits. Still 2-0.

Your passing in the final 3rd of the field is what's letting you down. You can get in to the opponent half but not build any decent attack. Posession is carelessly given away.

DQuaN
Your passing in the final 3rd of the field is what's letting you down. You can get in to the opponent half but not build any decent attack. Posession is carelessly given away.
With the injuries we are giving them maybe we can hurt them out of the group.
:mad: 🤬

I knew those Australians would beat Japan, just not like that though. Still Cahill is awesome and shouldn't be playing for everton.

Also I hope Rosicky turns out to be the new milan barros. :P
Ie terrible for arsenal but awesome for the Czech team!

Well done Czech, I was watching it with one of my mates who happens to be from Czech. Also well done to Australia for beating Japan, 3-1 scoring all 3 right near the end.

jan koller is a monster...

i can see australia beating croatia, but not brazil. i think they'll put up a good fight and maybe, MAYBE nick a point... if they're lucky.

also, i think cahill is being wasted playing with the toffees. he's a brilliant striker and a real kingpin in the midfield.

Tomas Rosicky really impressed me for the Czechs. Two blinding goals, I am really excited to see what he can do for Arsenal next season. :D

Poverty
They have to play against teams like jamaica to qualify so Id say yes.

Mmmmmm, no - though they did beat Jamaica 5-0 in a friendly in the UK.

Their biggest rivals in the Oceania Zone are New Zealand. In one of their qualifiers for 2002 (which they didn't make) they managed a world record scoreline of 31-0 against American Samoa. But then they had to beat Uruguay over 2 legs to get to the final, as Oceania is offered 0.5 places at the Finals (South American being offered 4.5).

I'm told that their next campaign will be in the Asian Zone, rather than the Oceania Zone.

WOW, I just came back from work and as expected, my beloved team is winning 1-0 :sly:

feel sorry about americans now...

Famine
Oh yes. I remember...

Damn you british boys!!! :D

Ok I gotta watch the game, ciao...

Famine
ITV's coverage has one major flaw. David Pleat.
Have you ever thought of just watching ITV sport on mute?

I mean first there was the F1, now it's the footie commentators....Gymnastics commentors next?

ExigeExcel
Have you ever thought of just watching ITV sport on mute?

I mean first there was the F1, now it's the footie commentators....Gymnastics commentors next?

My court order says I'm not allowed to watch gymnastics again.

Also I hope Rosicky turns out to be the new milan barros.

I have seen almost every game when he was still playing for Dortmund. He always plays well in the national team but often sucks in his club team. Maybe he didn´t like Dortmund.

So, today's matches are over. Good victory to Italy and Australia, I was just a bit surprised with USA's results. I didn't have a favorite for this game but I wasn't expecting a 3x0 defeat.

Now let's wait until tomorrow to watch the seleção play. :D

You should've seen ESPN's "expert panel" today. Stupid Alexi Lalas wouldn't shut up about how "KELLER IS TEH BEST GK IN THE WORLD!" and that nobody thinks so just because he's American. Each one on the panel thought it was gonna be 1-0 America, 1-0 America, and 2-1, America. It was like they completely forgot who CR was. "Team America, number FIVE on the world list!" Well, that's nice and all, but the Czechs are number 2, and they showed why this afternoon.

The US are #5 because they beat everybody in their qualifying group every World Cup. And then get their asses handed to them in the finals.

They're a top 30 team - not a top 10 one.

you know.. I have to recognize that the last world cup was nothing but a bad performed rehearsal of a real world cup, and that many mediocre teams got ahead of better ones misleading the propper ranking of teams (with the exception of Brazil, England and Germany of course)...Japan, Korea, and USA are perfect examples and the one Brazil beat in semis which I forgot the name already :ouch: , are not good teams and should have never made it to those positions. As a result, we have an ex-pro football player claiming that Keller is the best goalkeeper in the world :indiff: :rolleyes:

Ciao...

Mr.OzzyGT
you know.. I have to recognize that the last world cup was nothing but a bad performed rehearsal of a real world cup, and that many mediocre teams got ahead of better ones misleading the propper ranking of teams (with the exception of Brazil, England and Germany of course)...Japan, Korea, and USA are perfect examples and the one Brazil beat in semis which I forgot the name already :ouch: , are not good teams and should have never made it to those positions. As a result, we have an ex-pro football player claiming that Keller is the best goalkeeper in the world :indiff: :rolleyes:

Ciao...

The fifa rankings are junk, because they take international friendlys into account. So America end up playing loads of teams that are realy realy bad and they can beat like 8-0. Whereas the european teams will tend to face stronger opposition on the whole. Also this is true for the Asia qualifying groups as well, who will end up facing such mighty footballing nations of Uzbekistan, Chinese Taipei, Oman and Yemen.

Also from what i've heard about the american coverage is that they are hyping up the national team to get more people interested in the sport. Although it's kinda backfired on them after the Czech game.

Also I think maybe they have been mistaking Kasey Keller for Petr Cech, who is one of the best keepers in the world. Kasey Keller was pretty crap when he played for Spurs and I bet he's probably just as crap now.

What happened to Brad Friedel, I mean he's a great keeper for Blackburn Rovers how come he isn't in the national team anymore?

Race Idiot
Also I think maybe they have been mistaking Kasey Keller for Petr Cech, who is one of the best keepers in the world. Kasey Keller was pretty crap when he played for Spurs and I bet he's probably just as crap now.

Exactly. Just because Keller lives in a castle in germany doesn't mean he plays any better. Personally, I think Petr Cech is the best keeper in the world as well. The guy is massive, and plays incredibly well.

Omnis
Exactly. Just because Keller lives in a castle in germany doesn't mean he plays any better. Personally, I think Petr Cech is the best keeper in the world as well. The guy is massive, and plays incredibly well.

I thought you would have said Buffon is the best keeper in the world.

Anyway everyone knows the best keper in tha wurld is Shaka Hislop.
attachment.php

Back