GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Damn those Craotian pretending-to-have-hurt-myself players.
Get up and play! Don't cry!
Kaka's goal was really nice. GO BRAZIL.

It's normally Brazil's players doing all the diving and pretending to be hurt, they ruined 2002's final for me with the ammount of blatant diving they they were doing.

Ronaldo was rubbish tonight. He looked fat, lazy, slow and uninterested. I could have played better than him.

daan
Ronaldo was rubbish tonight. He looked fat, lazy, slow and uninterested. I could have played better than him.
Indeed.

I'm impressed by Croatia. They had really good chances to score few goals 👍

i think croatia were extremely unlucky not to net at least once. congratulations have to mr goalkeeper for a sterling effort.

i think parreira holds too much store in reputations - i couldn't help but notice that one mister ronaldo had exactly zero influence upon tonight's game. sack him and put daan in his place. :D

quick side note: take a photo of the group f standings as of RIGHT NOW - they won't stay that way for long! :lol:

Croats.
Is it me or the refrees hate them?
And the goal too.

But again,although Croatia lost,they proven that they can be a worthy opponent to any of the favored teams.

Brazil looked like they didn't care at all. IMHO.

daan

I can't wait for the new Benq Siemens advert staring David Anderson of 'Better than ronaldo' fame. :D

But yeah, he is fat and looks past it. Maybe they should use that Fred guy instead, he's meant to be pretty good.

live4speed
They should base it on wins, draws and losses and on the rank of the teams playing, so if the number 5 ranked team beats the number 1 ranked team they get more points given in the ranking table than if they beat the number 10 ranked team. If the number 5 ranked team draws against the number 1ranked theam they both get points but the number 5 ranked teams gets more points than the number 1 ranked team, if the number 5 ranked team draws aganist the number 10 ranked team, they get less points than the number 10 ranked team.

i disagree i say if a 1 ranked team ties a 5 1 should lose points, 5 should gain.

Cosmic
Damn those Craotian pretending-to-have-hurt-myself players.
Get up and play! Don't cry!
Kaka's goal was really nice. GO BRAZIL.

Referring to Niko Kovac? He was definitely hurt, in the replay you could see Adriano's blades go right up into his ribs.

Yeah hopefully Robinho will start the next game, I'm starting to regret tipping Ronaldo for the golden boot. I'll be watching Spain vs Ukraine which is at 11PM (GMT +10 I think), and I'll catch a replay of Germany vs Poland. The other game doesn't interest me much.

911_Carrera
Referring to Niko Kovac? He was definitely hurt, in the replay you could see Adriano's blades go right up into his ribs.
Not Niko, but the some players and in the Brazialian team as well.
I hate when they are pretending, then they get up and run like nothing happaned.:dunce: Great.

Not a great game, but 2002 started with a 1x0 as well. Both Ronaldos were playing very badly and Adriano didn't do any good either. Parreira should've put Juninho Pernambucano in the second half, but he did well putting Robinho to play. Great goal by Kaká by the way, I think he'll be awesome in this WC.

Spain's game today should be interesting, I'll be following it through the internet.

Cosmic
Not Niko, but the some players and in the Brazialian team as well.
I hate when they are pretending, then they get up and run like nothing happaned.:dunce: Great.

Yeah I hate that too, it irritated me that the commentators on BBC1 had to watch the replay of Niko's injury about 20 times before they finally admitted that maybe he was actually hurt. Iaquinta was a perfect example for Italy, he rolls around in agony, gets on a stretcher, then 3 minutes later he scores.

FeFe
Spain's game today should be interesting, I'll be following it through the internet.

I'm looking forward to that, hopefully they won't underachieve in this World Cup. I also have Reyes and Fabregas in my Fantasy League so they better play well, although I doubt Fabregas will start.

I feel bad because I haven't been able to stay up for all the 3rd games since the festivities began. I was really looking forward to the Brazil game, but I fell asleep during France's game. :lol:

How come they always play some kind of trance music when recapping WC football? It's like, "...and Ronaldinho *DMMM TSS DMMM TSS Trance music* was the main focus of the game" :lol:

Omnis
How come they always play some kind of trance music when recapping WC football? It's like, "...and Ronaldinho *DMMM TSS DMMM TSS Trance music* was the main focus of the game" :lol:
Gremans are way into the 'electronica' genre.
I dunno.

I just ate a bologna sandwich to keep myself awake for this game. You ever eat a bologna sandwich and 6AM? It's not a pleasant experience. Blaaaaaaaahhhh.

And what sucks, I just realized today is my oldest son's last day of school, and I promised to take him out for a huge breakfast. Hugh.

Go Spain.

GO ESPANA!!!!

Dude, Fernando Torres is awesome. He's feeding his fowards and the whole front 3 are making some killer plays so far. I see Spain going far in this tourney, actually. Puyol has been putting so much meat into his clearances... it's funny. He cleared it at the center line and it practically went into the crowd. What the hell? Anyway, this should be a good game.

edit: ...and I'm glad Raul is not playing. I hate that guy.

EDIT! LUIS GARCIA GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!! Man, what a pretty header.

12 minutes into it, and goal for Spain!

:D Sweet!

Four minutes later.... GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

Spain, man. 20 consecutive wins, according to the announcer just now.

GOLLLLLLL VILLA!!!!!

Sweet, I had a feeling spain would score some good points. Notice how they haven't commited a foul all game either.

Solid, you're watching ESPN2? I thought they said 22 straight...

Omnis
GOLLLLLLL VILLA!!!!!

Sweet, I had a feeling spain would score some good points. Notice how they haven't commited a foul all game either.

Solid, you're watching ESPN2? I thought they said 22 straight...
You could be correct. I heard the twenty, but maybe not the two part. Unbelievable.

EDIT: I can't believe that one announcer called the Ukraine team "Nervy Débutantes."

Anyway, what's up with Torres's haircut? I love it, lol. It's like a neo-mullet. It's almost cyberpunk.

edit: Eww, man, what a bad booking. I'm totally pulling for spain, but that does kind of suck for Ukraine. :indiff: He got red carded for pulling Torres's pants between his finger and thumb. Lame.

Latest Posts

Back