GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
I think England will beat T+T 2-1. We'll put in a decent first half performance and score a couple of soft goals, but wilt in the second half and they'll pull one back. I imagine we should hold out for a win, though. :-)

Super Greek
who wouldnt agree with me
have you seen the form australia are in

i think there fitness training and guus hidink will get them through
Me.

Brazil will want to win this game to make sure they get through to the next round. Plus the critiscism from the press is gonna make them go out all guns'a'blazin.

3-0

No, I'll be kind, 3-1.

Australia can finish second, but they'll need a good performance against Croatia, who are a strong team. Personally I think the Aussies will get thumped by Brazil and will have a lot to do to snatch a point from the Croats.

markj_87
I think England will beat T+T 2-1. We'll put in a decent first half performance and score a couple of soft goals, but wilt in the second half and they'll pull one back. I imagine we should hold out for a win, though. :-)

I dunno... remember, England only won the first game they played because of an own goal... they didn't score.

I'm thinking either a 0-0 draw or 1-1 draw.

Yeah, the England performance against Paraguay was poor, but I'm hoping we'll improve today. I'd actually like to see Trinidad and Tobago get out of the group stages. I like the way they play and also I'd love it if Sweden finished bottom of what was supposed to be a fairly uncompetitive group!

Equador has got a pretty good team it seems, I was following the match and they're playing well. Germany and Equador to the next stage. 👍

Dude, Ecuador own. They're just toying with Costa Rica... It's like a training camp match.

To help England? How? Are you thinking of Paraguay?

Anyway, man, I'm waiting for one of those security guys to get drilled in the back of the head. I mean, they have their backs turned to what's going on the entire time. That job has to suck.

By the way, that Costa Rican GK sucks. If he would've moved with his legs, it could've been an easy block.

Just in case someone wants it, I found a cool Excel WC schedule. You can set the timezone and languages, and I updated it a bit already.

Attachments

• Tabela Copa do Mundo.rar
    90.8 KB · Views: 18
What a game by Ecuador. I like how Caballeres pulled the mask out of his jock (and put it on his face). :lol: That thing must've had some shocking funk.

Felipe, that spreadsheet is great! Must've taken a while to put together... whoever did it deserves a round of applause, haha.

OMG crouch is so crap how cloud he not score that. Man erikson is dumb for not bringing defoe. Defoe would have finished that off and its pointless bringing Walcott as he will only get one game or two at best. Defoe could slip right into the game and replace owen easily if required.

Poverty
OMG crouch is so crap

No, he's not. 5 goals in 4 games and England have never lost when he's played. Problem is...

Poverty
how cloud he not score that.

He's playing so far back or wide most of the time he's forgotten what the goal looks like - or he's choked. That said, on that particular chance, why wasn't Owen yelling "TIME!" at him, rather than standing around, slack-jawed?

Best part of the match so far? Lampard hitting Dwight Yorke in the nob.

Looks like I will be losing a load of dosh if england dont score soons. Hell I hope T&T wins, Id like to see them progress with england.

Can someone please school me on who Downing is please?

oh no crouch got lucky and scored. Hes still a second rate player though. Good with balls in the air and thats it. Atleast my moneys safe.

Great! I've been watching this damn game for 83 minutes and NOBODY scores a god-damn goal. The SECOND I get up to go answer the phone, they score. Damn it!

Oh well, at least it was England that scored.

EDIT: OK! I saw that one!

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

OH CRAP! That was super close!

And it's over!

Wow, great finish to this one. But, it took England long enough. They didn't play all that great. It took Trinidad to get tired for them to score off of them.

Poverty
oh no crouch got lucky and scored. Hes still a second rate player though. Good with balls in the air and thats it. Atleast my moneys safe.

For some reason I read that as "You're right Famine - 6 in 5 and England have still never lost with Crouch on the pitch".

Edit: Yahoo! have the table as if the match was drawn!

ESPN2 after the game: Commence Beckham-brown-nosing!

Shaka Hislop played 75 minutes of awesomeness, though, and, thank god for John Terry. :lol:

edit: and Lennon is a total psycho. If he ran next to a souffle, it would probably collapse.

...or blow away or something.

Back