GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Famine
Best part of the match so far? Lampard hitting Dwight Yorke in the nob.

and what a beautiful shot it was. :lol:

jesus talk about a suspensful game. Seriously, England have got to buck up their game if they wanna make the final.

So what if T&T lost? We played pretty well, so I'm not that disappointed. :) I think Aaron Lennon was the difference. I mean, damn he's quick! :crazy: Wish that last minute goal by Stern John wasn't offside. It would've given us our first ever World Cup goal. Now I hope Sweden draw with Paraguay. Then we could potentially beat Paraguay, and England would beat Sweden, and we'll be into the next round. :)

Everyone who said Crouch was crap should take that back, every player makes mistakes at one point in their carrer.

I thought T+T were going to win until, the late two (great) goals, now England will play Ecuador (probaly) in the quarter finals.

Mr. Boy
So what if T&T lost? We played pretty well, so I'm not that disappointed. :) I think Aaron Lennon was the difference. I mean, damn he's quick! :crazy: Wish that last minute goal by Stern John wasn't offside. It would've given us our first ever World Cup goal. Now I hope Sweden draw with Paraguay. Then we could potentially beat Paraguay, and England would beat Sweden, and we'll be into the next round. :)

Me too. If only to give the Scottish fans something to cheer about... :D

I thought T+T were going to win until, the late two (great) goals, now England will play Ecuador (probaly)

Germany must beat Ecuador to win group A. A draw and Ecuador wins the group.

BTW: Ecuador, Germany and England are already qualified for the next round.

GeorgeMorley
Everyone who said Crouch was crap should take that back, every player makes mistakes at one point in their carrer.
I still think he's not so good. One hundred zillion crosses during the game and he manages to get only one right. Rooney should've entered in his place, not Owen's. I quite liked Lennon though. 👍

Go Sweden!

356106-0207-ga.jpg

:D

daan
You do realise that the name of your country is Eng-land, don't you?

Of course he does Daan, it's the way we sing it! You Scots are such sore losers that you can't even back a British team in the WC! Do you really hate us that much? If it was the other way round I know I'd give Scotland my full backing! I'll let you off with it though as my Father-in law is just the same as you and every other Scot :grumpy:

Ron is fully behind the 3 Lions (but then again, he has no choice in the matter ;) )

England played just ok again, nothing spectacular but 3 points in each game all the same, and that's what matters :) Gerrard scored an awesome goal, Lennon was very good! and Beckham was the man... as always :sly: I've not got much fingernails left after the 2 matches but at least we can rest up for the next match and look forward to facing either Germany or Ecuador 👍

Oh I wish there was a wrold cup every year! I just love world cup football :drool:

lotus350
Of course he does Daan, it's the way we sing it! You Scots are such sore losers that you can't even back a British team in the WC! Do you really hate us that much? If it was the other way round I know I'd give Scotland my full backing! I'll let you off with it though as my Father-in law is just the same as you and every other Scot :grumpy:
During the WC, we get 100% of the games from BBC England/ITV. We are consistantly reminded that England won the world cup in 1966. During the Germany/Poland game the other night, it took the commentators 6 minutes to mention England. (Why? They weren't even playing! And that's longer than usual!) Imagine if you got all your programs from France (We won the World cup in 1998, here's a friendly against Luxembourg live on your telly). You probably wouldn't like it. That's what we have to suffer, all the time. I would have no problems with supporting Engerland if wasn't rammed down our throats all the time.

lotus350
Ron is fully behind the 3 Lions (but then again, he has no choice in the matter ;) )
Has he been told he is? England are bobbins! :dopey:

But then again, I am slightly drunk at the minute!

GOAL SWEDEN!

Yay for Ljundberg! Bout time they scored... damn.

daan
During the WC, we get 100% of the games from BBC England/ITV. We are consistantly reminded that England won the world cup in 1966. During the Germany/Poland game the other night, it took the commentators 6 minutes to mention England. (Why? They weren't even playing! And that's longer than usual!) Imagine if you got all your programs from France (We won the World cup in 1998, here's a friendly against Luxembourg live on your telly). You probably wouldn't like it. That's what we have to suffer, all the time. I would have no problems with supporting Engerland if wasn't rammed down our throats all the time.

I fully understand now, sorry David.. I would be a bit peed off with it too, although us English have no problem with having it rammed down out throats I can understand that you Scots get kind of sick of it :crazy: I bet secretly you want us to win though ;)

Has he been told he is?
Yes he has ;)
England are bobbins! :dopey:
Not as bobbins as Scotland :P

But then again, I am slightly drunk at the minute!

Me too! :lol:
:)

daan

Not only that, but it invades everything else in the media at the moment too. They had a link to the England camp in Germany during the British Grand Prix - why? The BBC and ITV are broadcasting not only to England but also to Scotland, Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland and Wales (among others). If they took other nations into consideration and stopped referring to England as "we" all the time, I'd be a little less annoyed. Commentators are supposed to be impartial, not showing preference to one team or other. Ok, so in reality this is next to impossible, but toning it down a bit would be very appreciated. I know I'm not the only Scot who watches football with the sound off when England are playing.

lotus350
I bet secretly you want us to win though ;)
You bet I do! I've got Engerland in the works sweep! If England wins, everyone here is gonna be upset, but at least I'll have about £60! :D

Damn! Argentina's game is going to be at 8:30AM and by that time i'll be working at wendy's :ouch: ...my gf is gonna keep me updated with txt messages though.

My bets : ARG 4 - IC 2 👍

Ciao...

Awww, Sweden beat Paraguay. :indiff: Now we'll need England to beat Sweden by a decent margin and we'll have to beat Paraguay, which would be incredibly hard, even if they've been knocked out.

And here's something to let you all know what the soca in Soca Warriors means. And it doesn't mean soccer!

Crap, crap, crap, CRAP. I missed ANOTHER game (well, a half this time) because of stupid Winning Eleven. Sometimes I wish my ps2 worked properly, but at times like these, I wish it stayed broken.

edit: HOLY CRAP, SWEET! They've this station called Fox Soccer Channel! Finally!!! It's about time I've heard of this. I'm gonna have to call comcast.

Argentina is pretty much owning the game judging by the score so far. I wish I had a TV to watch this.

It is.

I can't believe Crespo got booked for that. He ran in on goal, the whistle blew for offside, but Crespo tapped it in the net anyway. I understand getting booked for kicking the ball away, but that did not deserve a Yellow.

Back