GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Giancarlo
When does Italy play the US?

Don't you mean when does Italy decimate the US?

I kid I kid
attachment.php

Also god daum Argentina are good.

Also Drogba makes me Cry. :(

Check out this list of the continents that the winners have come from:

1962: South America
1966: Europe
1970: South America
1974: Europe
1978: South America
1982: Europe
1986: South America
1990: Europe
1994: South America
1998: Europe
2002: South America
2006 ...

Interesting!

I wish I had a better grasp on Spanish so I could understand the guys with the huge eyebrows and moustaches speaking a mile a minute on the spanish stations that have MUCH better coverage than stupid ESPN. In fact, I'm gonna watch the Mexico game on univision. Everyone on that channel is totally decked in mexico gear. It should be nuts for the commentators and stuff. Plus, I miss that famous, "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-5 minutes later-OOOOOOL!!!!"

It sounds like the univision announcers are calling Paulo Figueiredo Fregadero (sink). Hahahaha. It's a whole different game when you listen in another language.

I have a feeling that ESPN won't broadcast the rest of the tournament if the states are eliminated. :lol: I don't care, though. I just want to watch a super exciting game.

All Argentina did was beat a crap team (Serbia & Monerigo) by a big margin, nearly any team would destroy S&M, I'd say they played OK, but not as well as Spain.

Spain played very well though even though it was against a not very good team.

Serbia and Montenegro are not crap. Apart from being the current name of the former Yugoslavia, check out how they did in qualifying... They won group 7 (that's the group with SPAIN in it) without losing a game and in the process conceded only one goal (oddly to Spain, with whom they drew 1-1 and 0-0). Look.

Their whole problem is that they gave up, and when the dude got sent off, they literally stopped playing.

Anyway, I think this Angolan goalie is dope. The guy can boot it to the other box and hasn't let one through so far.

I knew Argentina would do this for us :sly: , we were kind of dissapointed when they won only 2-1 to IC. They had to come out strong in one of these games.
I'm really looking for a Italy - Argentina or Italy-Brazil final.

I couldn't watch the game 'cause I was working, but my gf kept me updated with txt messages.

I would yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL in the middle of my shift :D , and all my co-workers were like...:odd:

Italy and USA will be a sad game for me. I really wanted the US to pass to the second round, and after the game against czech republic, my hopes went downhill. Italia will be the clear winner, but the last thing I want to see is a defeat like the argentinians one.

Ciao...

Whoa, I can't believe Mexico managed to hold the mighty Angola to a 0-0 draw! What a fantastic result!

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, I'm glad it happened. Hopefully Angola can make it into the last 16. :-)

GeorgeMorley
All Argentina did was beat a crap team (Serbia & Monerigo) by a big margin, nearly any team would destroy S&M, I'd say they played OK, but not as well as Spain.

Spain played very well though even though it was against a not very good team.
Serbian and Montenegro are actually a good side, a potentially brilliant side infact. The problem is that they're very temperamental, when they're winning they're almost unbeatable but if they start to lose they pretty much give up. That's what happened today, they played good football until the the second goal went in, then they gave up.

markj_87
Whoa, I can't believe Mexico managed to hold the mighty Angola to a 0-0 draw! What a fantastic result!

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, I'm glad it happened. Hopefully Angola can make it into the last 16. :-)
I doubt it, Mexico and Portugal are probably going ahead.

Probably, but I always cheer for the minnows. I was so happy when Trinidad and Tobago nicked a point against Sweden and again tonight with Angola. It just means so much to them and it's so good to see them celebrating like they've won the final. :-D

Yeah, I was hoping for Ivory Coast to go ahead. I couldn't watch their match today but I really liked how they played against Argentina.

Oh boy, who would've thought Serbia & Montenegro could go out in such a fashion :guilty:. 3 goals in the first half, a red card, followed by 3 more goals in the second.

6 NIL

Sad really, they've got the men up front, but they were completely undone at the back. Gotta feel sorry for the teams who bow out like that:crazy:.

America is 5th in the world???:crazy:. Côte d'Ivoir (Who played magnificently against Holland) or Australia is a much better team. Australia is rearing up for our clash with Brazil... We'll probably lose, but you never know. It's really just a playoff for second place in our group.

FormulaGT

What happened to the green portuguese pants? They darkened their jerseys a LOT since the last time I saw them like 2 eurocups ago.

edit: Oh, wait, nevermind. Most of them are soaked with water. :lol:

I didn't like the game much, even though Portugal won I thought they were better than that. Figo played very well though. 👍

Chech and The Ghanese GK were amazing. I think Ghana played better than Argentina. Clearly, it was the best performance of the tournament (against a team that didn't give up).

GO USA! Let's see this group become the real group of death!

Back