GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Told you. The game was exciting, but the refs made it so "meh". Everybody go to espn.com and vote the ref squad a zero. :lol:

Anyway, T. Beasley just pisses me off. That guy was FRESH and he made like ZERO hustle. They should've put in Eddie Johnson if Beasley was just going to mope around like that. Every time he got the ball, he passed back. He even recieved a PERFECT through-pass and stopped to pass back instead of running through the lane. They should bench Beasley against Ghana if he's gonna keep playing like that, because those guys are fast and Africans know how to hustle, man.

edit: Lmao. The ref got suspended and banished in 2002 for irregularities as voted by other refs.

Anyway, T. Beasley just pisses me off. That guy was FRESH and he made like ZERO hustle. They should've put in Eddie Johnson if Beasley was just going to mope around like that. Every time he got the ball, he passed back. He even recieved a PERFECT through-pass and stopped to pass back instead of running through the lane. They should bench Beasley against Ghana if he's gonna keep playing like that, because those guys are fast and Africans know how to hustle, man.
I think you should be in the American football thread....

Solid Lifters
BULL****!

Kill the refs!

That was a goal, man!

no. it wasn't. mcbride (i think?) made an obvious attempt to paddle the ball behind him into the goal. he was in front of the italian defenders at the point he attempted this, therefore, he was offside.

Congratulations to the USA for getting a result out of very difficult circumstances. I was hoping they could win it, and with different officials they most likely would have. Very unlucky. They can take a lot of pride from the performance though!

ExigeExcel
I think you should be in the American football thread....

:P Now just why is that?

I mean, I have the right to complain about the USA versus Italy,
using all figures of speech, including hyperboles.

and rhymes.

Omnis
:P Now just why is that?

I mean, I have the right to complain about the USA versus Italy,
using all figures of speech, including hyperboles.

and rhymes.
:lol: I've just never heard 'hustle' and 'lane' used in a 'soccer' opinion :scared:

Div is back
I don't understand Italy.

Why did they substitue Tony and Totti so quickly?...

Probably because their midfield was getting toasted. They probably wanted more defense.

Right. Maybe they didn't want him in trouble for their game against CZR.

Yeah I guess so. Francesco Totti is not a man who can control his behavior very well, and sometimes ends up making childish fouls.
But it was too early though, Gatusso barely touched the ball and had no impact on the game whatsoever.

Next round is going to be crucial for every team of that group. I think this IS the group of death :bowdown:

Ciao!

Actually, I think Gattuso did pretty well, considering the circumstances. He was pretty aggressive and stuff.

Not for us bro, Gatusso is a fill-in man basically. Marcello Lippi wanted to get Totti out before he got the red card and miss the CZech Rep. game. When Zaccardo got substituted, Del Piero took Totti's position.

But you're right, Gatusso didn't play bad. At least he wasn't the one who scoared the own goal :ouch:

Ciao!

I don't know if this is a repost or if anyone's seen it before, but I thought it was pretty hot.

Why does the England chick get to have the largest boobies?

Wow. Good point...

She might be taking the photo. :lol:

I can't figure out the reds after portugal, and the one with the foot on the ball almost looks like it could be south korea...

Dimitrov
I think this is an euro selection only.

From near to far:

England
France
Spain
Nederlands
Don't Know
Italy
Portugal
Something
Switzerland