GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
England
France
Spain
Nederlands
Czech Republic
Italy
Portugal
Belgium, I think.
Switzerland
Germany
Greece
Sweden
Croatia
Probably Norway or Denmark. What else could she be?
Can't see, but it might be Hungary.
Bulgaria

Any other Australians staying/getting up this morning for the match? (Kick off at 2am EST guys) Tomorrow is an unoffical day off for everyone.

Brazil are going down!!!

I hope you guys score a goal :D .

Naah I'm just kiddin', you actually have a good chance of winning if Brazil plays like they did against Croatia. Be aware that the trio-RO-RO-RO is goign to be part of the starting line-up.

Ciao!

Mr.OzzyGT
Be aware that the trio-RO-RO-RO is goign to be part of the starting line-up.
Yeah, but RO wasn't up to much in the last game, but RO and RO are both dangerous!

:lol: Well this Japan and Croatia match is quite boring so far...it needs a goal.

Yeah, that guy is dope. Japan have a good midfield but they SUCK at finishing. Their attacks all fall apart as soon as they near the penalty area.

daan
Yeah, but RO wasn't up to much in the last game, but RO and RO are both dangerous!
Yeah, Ronaldo is so pissed of the critics he got from our press after the first game he's not even giving interviews anymore. I really hope he responds to that in goals, lots of goals. :D

WTF man. Stupid ref blocked the wide open lane. Japan could've very well scored had the ref not been in the way of the ball.

I heard that the ref for the USA Vs. Italy game. Is this true? If so, he desereved it, he was a bull**** ref. I could of easly done a better job.

Master_Yoda
I heard that the ref for the USA Vs. Italy game. Is this true? If so, he desereved it, he was a bull**** ref. I could of easly done a better job.

What happened to the ref again?

Ciao!

Take that, Aussies! :D

Fred is a lucky guy I must say, Adriano and Robinho played very well. Ronaldo disapointed me again.

But he did better than last time!, he was the one who created the first scoring play. He even was in the midfield trying to make some plays and demostrate that he not just another pole in the field. He didn't score, but he was veery close.

Good game though. Ausies had plenty of chances of scoring despite their lack of ball posession.

Ciao!

What kind of a name, for a Brazilian, is Fred? Surely it should be Fredinho or something...

daan
What kind of a name, for a Brazilian, is Fred? Surely it should be Fredinho or something...

I dunno maybe he just wanted to be different.
attachment.php

He's an awesome player though, he realy ripped it up at lyon this season.

He should be called Fredmundo!

I didn't catch much of teh game, but still think Brazil should have tucked them up alot better than they did.

What's with the french crowd holding all these roosters and crap? I've seen like 3 people with roosters so far.

edit: Nevermind. Apparently, the **** is the national sports mascot. It was the WC mascot in 98' and comes from the similarities between the latin name for rooster, Gallus something, and Gaul, which was a region that modern day france was largely a part of.

Dude. The staples center in Los Angeles is FILLED with Korean fans. Literally filled to capacity with koreans. That's crazy.

Also, I can't believe how high some of the Koreans jump. They have some major ups, and a lot of them jump higher than the taller french defenders.

Race Idiot
<insert welsh joke about sheep here>

Also Henry
attachment.php
I remember at the Wales England game a few people made a fuss about the inflatable sheep the England supporters were chucking round.

None of them realised they were all from a shop round the corner from the Millenium Stadium. :lol:

I've never understood why Henry is so mediocre when he plays for France. He's much beter when he plays for Arsenal, maybe it's just because France aren't very good :D

PARK JI SUNG TIES THE GAME!!!!

Wow, that french defender did NOTHING. He was deciding what to do instead of doing something. Haha.

Back