GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Now I'm afraid that Brazil might be facing Ghana in the next round. :scared:

There was a big crowd singing USA's anthem at the stadium, beautiful. I heard there's a huge Army or Navy base on that area, with over 45000 Americans on it. That must be the reason there's so many Americans on the stadium.

WTF. Keller SUCKS.

and, yeah, Felipe, Kaiserslautern is the home of Ramstein AFB and a huge NATO/American Military community.

Lmao!!!!!! Own Goal Italia!!!!!!

OH MY GOD, RED CARD FOR DE ROSSI!!! ZACCARDO IS GOING TO GET WHACKED BY THE MOB!

woah, holy crap, what an ASSHOLE. De Rossi deserves a suspension. McBride's face looks like he went bobbing in tomato soup.

oooookkaaaayyy????? why are we switching Totti this early in the match???
Gatusso is not as half good as Totti.

this doesn't look good :nervous:

EDIT: MAMMA MIA! AIUTO!!! :scared:

Ciao!

Omnis
Oh My God. Wtf With This Ref! Mastroeni Sent Off!
He gave the ref no option. You can't make a tackle like that with the ref less than 3 feet away.

I really can't believe mastroeni did that. It should've been a yellowcard, though. That's a total make-up call.

ExigeExcel
He lunged, studs up and landed straight on the ankle....Adios.

Also from another view he basically took out his standing leg as well which I think is also what the ref would warrant dangerous.

WHAT THE HELL! Pope is now sent off. Man, Beckenbauer is right. These cards really suck. They don't even issue warnings anymore. Stupid refs have to ruin games and crap that people spend all this money for.

ok, that didn't deserve a yellow card, i gotta admit it.

It should've stayed the way it was...

EDIT: Enter Sandman (Del Piero) :mischievous:

Ciao!

Omnis
WHAT THE HELL! Pope is now sent off. Man, Beckenbauer is right. These cards really suck. They don't even issue warnings anymore. Stupid refs have to ruin games and crap that people spend all this money for.

The fact he was already on a yellow card should have been warning enough.

amp88
The fact he was already on a yellow card should have been warning enough.

Yeah, but he was never "officially" warned before the yellow. You should hear the announcers here, though. Calling them objective would be a contradiction. :lol:

That was the most obvious hand ball I've ever seen. I'm beginning to dislike the refs. Perhaps we should feel pity for them and give them all seeing eye dogs.

Solid Lifters
That was the most obvious hand ball I've ever seen. I'm beginning to dislike the refs. Perhaps we should feel pity for them and give them all seeing eye dogs.

Ohhh come on!! that was ssoooo not intentional!

Ciao!

Back