GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
OMG Zidane just got booked, and he had a yellow card from the game prior to this one, which means that if France doesn't win this one, this will be Zidane's last game :scared: :nervous: ...

Forza Francia!!!

EDIT: I gotta compliment Koreans though, they are dangerous ragardless of what anyone says.

Ciao...

Well I did forget about the Japanese penalty...haha. But number 13 for Japan (his name escapes me, Tanaka?) missed an open goal from about 1 metre out! He kicked the ball straight across goal...:\

If you mean the shouting that had a melody going on, then those were the french buddy. I think it's a classic symphony that they were singing, can't recall wich one it is though.

That was one sad last game for Zidane. I mean for a guy who had such an outstanding career, it really was sad...

Ciao!

Like I said before, he had a yellow card from the previous game, so with the one he got today, he won't be able to play next game.

EDIT: You're right, I just found out. But still they will have to win the next match w/o Zidane and Eric Abidal. But they aren't that bad though, I though they were already out of the second round.

Ciao!

The games switch to 4 a night tomorrow. With 2 games at 3pm (BST) and 2 at 8pm (BST). Weird.

Park Li sung you are a legend! I might not finish bottom of the fantasy league now!

ExigeExcel
The games switch to 4 a night tomorrow. With 2 games at 3pm (BST) and 2 at 8pm (BST). Weird.
...since the last 2 games in each group need to be played simulatenously (to avoid any collusion) - although there could still be room for some shenanigans because the teams in Group B will already know who has won/come second in Group A (etc.) and therefore they may wish to influence their own results i.e. if Germany finish 2nd in their group (which they will unless they win against Ecuador tomorrow), Sweden and England may no longer want to win Group B since that would give them Germany in the 2nd Round...

Touring Mars
...since the last 2 games in each group need to be played simulatenously (to avoid any collusion) - although there could still be room for some shenanigans because the teams in Group B will already know who has won/come second in Group A (etc.) and therefore they may wish to influence their own results i.e. if Germany finish 2nd in their group (which they will unless they win against Ecuador tomorrow), Sweden and England may no longer want to win Group B since that would give them Germany in the 2nd Round...
Ahh thanks Chris 👍

Mr.OzzyGT
If you mean the shouting that had a melody going on, then those were the french buddy. I think it's a classic symphony that they were singing, can't recall wich one it is though.

That was one sad last game for Zidane. I mean for a guy who had such an outstanding career, it really was sad...

Ciao!

They kept singing the anvil chorus and the finale part of beethoven's 5th.

The France group is interesting now, because assuming Switzerland beat Togo (and they're winning 1-0) it will be:

South Korea - 4pts
Switzerland - 4pts
France - 2pts
Togo - 0pts

Going into the last game. If Togo can hold France to a draw, France are out. If Switzerland and South Korea draw, and France win, three teams are on 5pts. It could get even more interesting!

It could get interesting if Switz. and South Korea draw their last match... France will have to beat Togo by more than one goal to be sure of going through... but a 1-0 would be OK depending on how many goals are scored in the Switz. v Korea game... :ill:

What the hell is with the stupid song in the Jose+10 commercials? "If you don't give my football back, I'm gonna get my dad on you" (repeat x10) What the hell kind of brain struggled to think THAT up?

No, man, the Adidas Jose+10 commercial with Jose, the spanish kid, and the other fat spanish kid playing ball against eachother with all these superstars and crap.

Touring Mars
I thought it was meant to be him as a child...? Maybe not, but they did have a thing on TV earlier this year with Mourihno's +10, sponsored by Adidas...

No, I don't think it's that. This one has kahn and beckenbauer and zidane and kaka and pretty much everyone.

Actually, this is it here, but this version doesn't have the stupid song:

Thanks, YouTube!

Solid performance by Ukraine today against not so solid opposition. I'm looking forward to see if Spain can keep up their standards of performance against Tunisia tonight. I think they'll probably win about 3-0.

I might be shooting too far, but I'd like to see a nice 6-0 win.

Cheers to Ukraine as well. 'Chenko shaved his head. I think the whole 50's dreamboat 'doo was bad karma.

markj_87
Going into the last game. If Togo can hold France to a draw, France are out. If Switzerland and South Korea draw, and France win, three teams are on 5pts. It could get even more interesting!

A draw between South Korea and Switzerland would mean that France would have to score 2 goals and win by at least 1 to have a chance of going through.

Switzerland have a +2 GD with 2 goals scored and 0 against
South Korea have a +1 GD with 3 goals scored and 2 against
France have a 0 GD with 1 goal scored and 1 against

So yes, it could get very interesting. ;)

Man... Spain's defense is just unbelievable.

edit: oh, GREAT. Just because I typed that, Tunisia scores. :grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back