GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Omnis
Anyway, what's up with Torres's haircut? I love it, lol. It's like a neo-mullet. It's almost cyberpunk.

edit: Eww, man, what a bad booking. I'm totally pulling for spain, but that does kind of suck for Ukraine. :indiff: He got red carded for pulling Torres's pants between his finger and thumb. Lame.
Yeah, very bad call, and not the first one either.

What really sucks is Spain scored a goal off that bad call.

Yeah, Torres' hair is crazy. I don't care for it. I like Puyol's hair, though. Reminds me of my son's before he cut it.

Yeah, and speaking of the Lionman, what an unbelieveable attack! That awesome spin move and then the brilliant assist to Fernando Torres. Amazing! I knew Spain would have the highest score of the games so far.

LMAO @ Casillas. He must be SO bored.

Omnis
I knew Spain would have the highest score of the games so far.
...without conceding.

I can see Spain doing well in this World Cup, the temperatures shouldn't be so much of a problem for them and they do have a good team coming through.

What a rout. Spain is without a doubt the best team in the World Cup, so far (from what I've seen). I'd love to seem them in the finals. They never won a WC, so it would be nice to seem them win this time.

They played very well but then were against a not very good team with 10 men for most the second half.
They are one of the best so far but not the best, Brazil did not play very well,
Germany's defence was lacking like in the 5-1 defeat over England.
France did'nt play very well, they were expected to win against Swizerland.

Spain are did well, but would find it hard to beat the above teams if they're up to scrach.

GeorgeMorley
Germany's defence was lacking like in the 5-1 defeat over England.
Germany's defence has been weak for ages. Clever 'ole me thought they couldn't possibly concede many in their group when I chose my fantasy team :banghead:

ExigeExcel
...without conceding.

I can see Spain doing well in this World Cup, the temperatures shouldn't be so much of a problem for them and they do have a good team coming through.

Whoops, I meant the biggest difference.

I didn't see the brazil game or the germany-costa rica game, but I also agree that Spain played the best football (even when Ukraine had a full squad) from what I've seen so far.

Great score for Spain, I wasn't expecting much from them. I don't care much about the next game about to start, but Germany vs Poland later in the afternoon looks interesting.

Omnis
edit: ...and I'm glad Raul is not playing. I hate that guy.

Are you serious? What's he ever done to you?

He is a fantastic player and from what I've read, likes to stay out of the media limelight as much as possible, not like most of the modern players. I'm a huge fan of his.

911_Carrera
Are you serious? What's he ever done to you?

He is a fantastic player and from what I've read, likes to stay out of the media limelight as much as possible, not like most of the modern players. I'm a huge fan of his.

He plays for Real Madrid and is always the one to score the equalizer or game winner when I play against them in Winning Eleven 9. :grumpy:

Lol. I'm just kidding, though. I don't hate anybody. In fact, I like Raul (and most of the people on Real Madrid, minus Beckham), but, you know, he's Raul and stuff. It's hard to explain about "hating" someone even though you like them. I "hate" Ronaldinho sometimes and Ronaldo too. I like them, though (well, I don't like Ronaldo as much). It's weird.

I'm looking forward to Germany/Poland tonight, and I'm quite divided over it. I have Polish ancestry, so I'd like to see them do well, but on the other hand, if Ecuador qualify second England should play them in the second round, which should see us into the quarters.

2-2 Wow Saudi Arabia did it :)

But curse the extra time, no extra time = 2-1 to Saudi Arabia

once the germans beat the police there will be mass rioting by the polish hooligans who couldnt care less about the football. Maybe the english and germans will join force along with the dutch and police :lol:

Race Idiot
Anyway everyone knows the best keper in tha wurld is Shaka Hislop.
attachment.php
Leo Beenhakker said his first keeper is even better. :crazy:

When I watched yesterday's match of Brazil-Croatia, I realized that croatian fans could care less of what the score is, as long as they have enough fireworks, red and white paint to draw the flag on their chest and enough booze, everything's aaaall good! :cheers:

I'm currently watching the Germany-Poland game, it's quite dull and I don't see Germany in a winning position. I hope Poland wins.

Do you think Trinidad & Tobago and England's match will be another draw?
Could T&T repeat their achievement against England?

Ciao...

WOW...I can't believe it.

I retrieve my last comment. Germany deserved to win, they tried so hard.

Nice last minute goal. 👍

Ciao...

Race Idiot
God damnit this match is about as boring as Jack and his emo music.

helo bret i love the dillinger escape plan, in flames, HORSE the band, a perfect circle and nine inch nails hw about u lol?

Hard luck Polska, lack of concentration at the end with 3 men trying to close down the same guy led to the goal. :indiff:

911_Carrera
helo bret i love the dillinger escape plan, in flames, HORSE the band, a perfect circle and nine inch nails hw about u lol?

Hard luck Polska, lack of concentration at the end with 3 men trying to close down the same guy led to the goal. :indiff:

attachment.php

God damnit that match was so boring though.

OH MY GOD. That was the only game I actually stayed awake enough to be able to watch, and I friggin' missed it anyways due to winning eleven... DAMN IT!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back