GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
El Gigante
Awesome, come on Argentina!

Cosmic, your right, i don't think we've beaten Sweden since the 60s! :D
You have an opportunity to do just that in this group. 0 - 0 Vs. Trinidad & Tobago is not exactly awesome.

Argentina, on the other hand seem Finals Bound !

Of course, maybe we can beat Sweden after they had that result. However, all teams have their bad days and they might be amazing when they play us.

Great game! I'm glad Ivory Coast played with heart and effort, Argentina on the other hand, slowed down after getting scoring the second goal and Ivory Coast took advantage of that. Still, It should've been 3-1 Argentina.
Too bad they got Aimar too late in the game, he shoud have been there instead of Cambiasso.

Ciao....

It'll be abit of an upset if Sweden don't make it through the first round :(

They better get a 0-0 dram with England, my Fantasy league needs it!

I don't know why they started Zlatan on the outside like that. Had he has his breakaways in the center instead of the outside, they would've easily been goals.

Also, who else thinks Larsson is REALLY overrated? He didn't do well at all this game.

The second half of the Netherland and Serbia and Montenegro game just started. Dutch team leading 1 to nil.

Anybody watching?

Woo-hoo! A great victory for Team Oranje.

The second half was very intense. Serbia were playing very agresively getting around six yellow cards, or so.

Great game.

Next, Iran vs. Mexico. Two teams I don't like, but I think I want Iran to win.

I won't watch Iran x Mexico but I'll try to catch Portugal x Angola later in the afternoon. Let's see what Felipão's team has got to offer.

Cosmic
I hope Iran loses, Mexico has such a good team, one of my personal favorite team in the world cup =)
Yeah, they're fantastic. Too fantastic for the USA team to face. That's why I don't want them to beat Iran. But, I think they're going to. Iran is facing too much to win. Politics, and all.

This match is going pretty well. I can't really tell who will win, but Iran doesn't have that bad of a chance.

edit: maybe not anymore

FatAssBR
I think USA has a stronger team than Mexico.
I agree. But, Mexico desperately wants to beat the American team for what happened four years ago. Mexico was pissed off they lost to the USA team. Mexico fans started to riot in the streets here in LA.

That's why I want them beat by Iran.

So far, it's a great game.

I've added results & tables to the first post. I'll update after the Angola game (and food).

Omnis
I don't know why they started Zlatan on the outside like that. Had he has his breakaways in the center instead of the outside, they would've easily been goals.

Also, who else thinks Larsson is REALLY overrated? He didn't do well at all this game.
To be honest, he's a really good player.
It's ZLATAN who is overrated. Yet, he's also a good player.

Any ausies around here? How you all feel about tomorrow's match against Japan? Nervous or Calmed?

BTW La squadra migliore del mondo is going to play tomorrow against Ghana, Del Piero is probably not going to play but Francesco Totti just confirmed he'll play.

Forza Italia!!!!!

Ciao....

Cosmic
I hope Iran loses, Mexico has such a good team, one of my personal favorite team in the world cup =)

Measure your words.

Better say: "I'm with Mexico!", "Go, Mexico", or something like that, than "I hope they lose/die/get banned".

Back