GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Well, that game sucked. The only score made was a guy scoring against is own team. Bah.

I thought England played lousy for a team that's supposed to go all the way to the top. At least they weren't the worse team on the field, though.

The second half was horrible. What's up the refs? Why didn't they just let them play? They really had it out for Crouch. Calling all those ridiculous calls, and then not catching some serious fouls by Paraguay? Not buying it.

I hope the next game is better.

I agree with Solid Lifters and Famine, the ref was all on Paraguays side, like the one who was on Portaguls side in Euro 2004.

At half time it shown when Joe Cole was down, the ref stepped on his hand!

What a crap second half that was, the ref was shocking, Peter Crouch is quite possible the worst player to start fo England in my life, if the ball doesn't come right to his head he does nothing, he doesn't more for it, he doesn't know how to control it best for that situation, he can't tackle, he can't hold the ball from a trackle he's just a complete and utter waste of space. That second half was crying for a stricker to come on for us, someone like Defoe or Wright-Phillips, but nooo instead Sven brought Walcott who's not even going to feel the pitch unless we're 3-0 up and it's getting near the end of the game, another waste created by Sven.

I thought Paraguay played terribly but were kept in the game by the referee. They didn't seem to be able to move the ball well in small spaces, while England did this quite well. Only one good player for Paraguay and he had all their chances.

My mom asked me if Crouch used to have polio. LOL. She kept saying, "What's wrong with that guy?" throughout the entire second half. "His shinguards are too tight." Hahaha, had me laughing the whole half.

It was a pretty dull game tbh. I can't wait for the Sweden match, that's gonna be great. I don't think we've beaten Sweden for ages actually.

Hmmmmm...... Seriously, if England are struggling to even score more that one goal against Paraguay (even with their number 1 goalie down) how are they going to face the big players in later matches, admitedly they didnt have some of the big guns on the pitch like Rooney but was pretty uneventful and i was atleast expecting England to get 2 goals, they had plenty of chances.....

The Ref was crazy...... giving out free kicks and yellow cards like anything!... seriously what was with that...... oh well

Robin

Like Famine said, this performance wasn't an indiacation of much. The first game is rarely a true reflection of how a team will do in the competition overall, look at Germany yesterday, they didn't play well against Costa Rica who didn't play well, look at Poland they got beaten by Ecuador who didn't play that well, England didn't play well but neither did Paraguay, wait until the next game before saying "if we play like that...."

I slept after the first half, but it looks like I haven't missed much. Paraguay seemed very nervous. Gamarra is a very good defender, he's been player in Brazilian teams for ages but couldn't do nothing today (beside the England goal :P). That ref was a joke both in the way to conduct the game as in the way he looks. He's known as "little Dracula" back in Mexico. :lol:

I had a glance at Sweden's game right now and it seems the ref on that game is even worse. Looking forward for Argentina vs Ivory Coast though! 👍

Go Drogba!!! :D

Race Idiot
Come on Trinidad! this is a great match.
Yeah, that has been a great match despite nobody scoring. But, it looks like Sweden is starting to wear them down. They are trying so hard. The last ten minutes have been very exciting.

Well it was a draw, congratulations to Trinidad & Tobego for their first ever point in the world cup.

live4speed
Well it was a draw, well done Trinidad & Tobego.
Their first ever point and the crowd were dacing in their seats. Great game despite no winner. Sweden fans were seen crying. So, it looks like a victory for Trinidad.

*ahem*!! It's time for everyone to pay attention and learn. For my football class is about to start :sly:

Argentina is about to school Ivory Coast.

British members can sit at the front rown of my class :D

Ciao...

Mr.OzzyGT
*ahem*!! It's time for everyone to pay attention and learn. For my football class is about to start :sly:

Argentina is about to school Ivory Coast.

British members can sit at the front rown of my class :D

Ciao...

I don't know why you think Ivory coast will be a total pushover.

Attachments

• emot-haw.gif
    emot-haw.gif
    328 bytes · Views: 1,642
  • emot-argh.gif
    emot-argh.gif
    257 bytes · Views: 1,114
  • emot-hfive.gif
    emot-hfive.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • emot-shobon.gif
    emot-shobon.gif
    380 bytes · Views: 1,833
  • emot-xd.gif
    emot-xd.gif
    169 bytes · Views: 1,248
  • emot-suicide.gif
    emot-suicide.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 303
Race Idiot
I don't know why you think Ivory coast will be a total pushover.

It's not about that. I'm like this when one of my teams go against ANY team...even if it's Brasil.
And trust me...I'm nothing compared to tons of others countrymen!! some even applause Argentina because they say they've won the cup already...:lol:

I really want Ivory Coast to hustle and be a contender too and make this a great match :)

Ciao...

that is sooo not fair!!!! that was a goal!!!! :mad:

the keeper captured the ball back when it was INSIDE the line!

EDIT: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY!!!

Ciao

Latest Posts

Back