GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Cosmic
To be honest, he's a really good player.
It's ZLATAN who is overrated. Yet, he's also a good player.

Yeah, but Zlatan hardly got any commentary coverage during the game over here. Larsson was the big fuss.

OMG JAPAN SCORES. What the hell, the refs better improve before the final tournament starts.

I don't have a favorite for this game. I like Japan because Zico is their coach, but I like Australia too, probably because of its GTPers. :)

Whatever's the result I'll like it.

I was hoping that I could watch it at work on the BBC website but it seems ITV has got this game. :grumpy:

It would be handy if ITV had a similar feature on their website.

OH MY GOD, TIM CAHILL FOR THE WINNER!

Good god, that goal was BEAUTIFUL. Right through the legs.

At least the game can't really be criticized for bad calling costing it now.

edit: OH MY GOD, 3-1 AUS!!!! WTF happened to Japan? They totally fell apart now.

I wish the States, the Czech Republic, and Italy weren't all in the same group. I want all three to play the tourney. :(

Famine
ITV's coverage has one major flaw. David Pleat.
We get the ITV feed in Canada. He's about 1,000,000x better than whatever the Canadian alternative would be... which would probably be dumbed down to some sort of absurd level.

Still wish we had the BBC feed though, but the sports channel couldn't be bothered to pay extra for it apparently.

DQuaN
Great comeback by Australia. I really didn't think they were going to get it.

hehe im from melbourne, australia. everyone is going wild here. what a game. absolutely amazing. its almost 2am (stuffed up time zone stuff) here and i got work at 6am hehe, but thats not important right now lol we need to go celebrate =)

I said before Australia has a good team, and now they beat Japan I think they'll make to the next stage.

USA-Czech is just starting. Now THIS one i can watch on the BBC website.

I'll probably miss the second half though as I will be commuting back home.

What did I say again?

Famine
Mr.OzzyGT
you know, like I said and because I don't subestimate teams like someone else...*ahem* [cough]famine...[/cough] :D ... thought that Japan, deserved to be considered among challenging teams after they showed what they could do on a world cup. Yes, the last world cup was crappy because many "important" or favorite candidates to the tittle got disquallified early in the competition...but Japan finished first in group H to qualify for the second round...and got defeated by turkey in a match that many people considered "not fair" due to the referee's poor performance.
u know...just giving some heads up to my japanese mates :cheers:

They got host-nationed. Host nations always perform well - usually overperforming.

All Japan are is a midfield.

Oh yes. I remember... :D

Ev0
Famine

ITV's coverage has one major flaw. David Pleat.
We get the ITV feed in Canada. He's about 1,000,000x better than whatever the Canadian alternative would be... which would probably be dumbed down to some sort of absurd level.

Still wish we had the BBC feed though, but the sports channel couldn't be bothered to pay extra for it apparently.

David Pleat is scum.

No more can be said without the swear filter getting overworked.

I'm still for Saudi Arabia to win the World Cup, it'd be great if Trinidad got through but I doubt that'll happen . . . .

EDIT - Checz Rep 1 - 0 USA

Only five minuites into the game and Jan Koller scores a header.

All these World Cup goals are coming in very early in the game

I can see there are like 6 members veiwing this thread trying to post the score before everyone else :lol:

It looks like he may have hurt his hamstring, then again I am totally guessing.
So far however we are being spanked. We are not playing out players the right way, not using our advantages.

Arsenals new signing Tomas Rosicky looks very handy. :D

Kollers injury looks pretty serious. It does look like a hamstring problem. I don't see him playing any further part in the World Cup.

same.
well i think at this point unless we get some good subs to start pounding the middle then i don't think we have a chance. Right now we are just passing back not attacking like we should, we are on the defense.

Back