GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
daan
I want 2 things to happen.

I want it to go to extra time. It'll end up 7 against 7!

I also want the ref to book Vennegoor of Hesselink. That'll take about 5 minutes for him to go and get a new notepad to write his name in.

Haha, he's got the longest name in football. What a crazy guy :crazy:

Well apart from the 17 yellow cards i think it's been played in a good spirit.
attachment.php

4 reds, 16 yellows.....

good game. lmao!
Well with the way England have been playing, this is good news for us.

Solid Lifters
That was ugly.

No US. No Holland.

Go Spain?

Go Spain.

Word. Go Spain. :lol:

edit: Man, they just showed this tiny portuguese woman with all her gear on, all alone in a sea of Orange. I laughed.

If I was Ruud V. Nistelrooy, I wouldn't give a crap about a game where he wasn't brought on when there is the chance he could score.

only thing this game, and possibly now the World Cup will be remembered for is the amount of cards in this game. lol

Oh well with Costinha, Deco, Ronaldo (possibly) and Figo (also possibly) out maybe England might have a chance against portugal now. Although I bet we still mess it up.

El Gigante
Yeah :indiff: I just hope we play better than we did today!

You know thats all i'd like to see is england playing well, I mean I can't belive we've gotten this far with the way we've been playing at the moment.

Ok well we passed a bit better than we did in the other matches and Carrick looks damn good playing a holding roll.

El Gigante
Yeah Carrick was great today. I though Hargreaves was good as well 👍

He did pretty well and got caught out less than ashley cole did on his side. Also he was playing with bleeding knees.

Well that was the most ridiculous game I've ever seen. The referee had no control whatsoever. I think the 16 yellow cards actually equals the international match record, which shows how ludicrous this match was. I too was hoping the match might go into extra time, so a maximum of players could be banned from the England game, whether it was Portugal or Holland! :)

markj_87
Well that was the most ridiculous game I've ever seen. The referee had no control whatsoever. I think the 16 yellow cards actually equals the international match record, which shows how ludicrous this match was. I too was hoping the match might go into extra time, so a maximum of players could be banned from the England game, whether it was Portugal or Holland! :)

Another red card = abandonment of the game.

I thought a game was abandoned after 5 players were sent off on one team. Not between the 2 of them.

What an awesome game :lol: Though not a single punch thrown is kind of weak.

Damn. Right when Figo did that headbutt, the game went to the dogs. That ref really couldn't get a hold of the game after that. Now Portugal are in really bad shape. Costinha and Deco are suspended, Cristiano Ronaldo might not play in the next game, and they have seven other players on yellows. Despite that, I hope they beat England. I wanted to see them lose today.

ExigeExcel
I thought a game was abandoned after 5 players were sent off on one team. Not between the 2 of them.

What an awesome game :lol: Though not a single punch thrown is kind of weak.
One Dutch player threw a punch. My son goes, "He decked 'um!" As I laughed my ass off...

Solid Lifters
One Dutch player threw a punch. My son goes, "He decked 'um!" As I laughed my ass off...
Boo I didn't see that.

If Portugal do beat England (which they will, comfortably :lol: ) they're likely to have even more players suspended for the semis, especially if the red cards carry 2 match bans.

So did the Rusian ref in the Netherrlands/Portugal have his head up his ass the whole game? First half, almost no cards. When the game ended, 16. Wha...??
:odd:

But it was in a big part the player's fault, they just couldn't control themselves.
but referees were overreacting too...I just hopes it gets better from here.

ITALY vs. Australia tomorrow...;)

Ciao!

prediction...3-2 Italy....Francesco Totti will resurge and demostrate why he is on the team and not Christian Vieri :grumpy: , and so far he hasn't done it.

Ciao!

Race Idiot
Awesome avatar BTW
attachment.php

:D

3-Wheel Drive
So did the Rusian ref in the Netherrlands/Portugal have his head up his ass the whole game? First half, almost no cards. When the game ended, 16. Wha...??
:odd:
At the 30 minute mark, the ref called 12 fouls against Holland and only 4 against Portugal. Yet, I saw most fouls being committed by Portugal. He was horrible. Another ref who needed the aid of a seeing eye dog.

Cosmic
Way to go Portugal! Oh, and the referee should be shot in the head.
I have a feeling he would have kept on living.

Famine
Boulahrouz was unlucky, not least because Figo should have been sent off earlier for the headbutt...
Boulahrouz was lucky for still being on the game at that time. He should have been sent off at the 7th minute.

Famine
On the upside, Deco's finally been sent off after only getting a yellow for chasing after and hacking down Heitinga, when he ought to have been red-carded
I think it was Sneijder. Anyway, I think the yellow card on that one was correct, although opinions are mixed.
The second yellow, though, was ridiculous.

Famine
(he's a cheating douche and I've always hated him)
Who? Sneijder? :P
I know what he did (taking the ball for his own) wasn't illegal, so it can't be called cheating. But it sure was dirty.

I can't understand what went through Costinha's head. He compromised the whole team with some stupid actions. I don't mind him not playing against England though. Petit is more than up for the task. But Deco... that's a different matter. :grumpy:

Yeah...and whatever happened to C. Ronaldo anyway? did he torn his knee or something? I never saw the injury.

Good luck for them against England 👍 they're gonna need it.

Ciao!

Latest Posts

Back