GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Let´s add a little humor to this thread:

original
42317064314sh.jpg

tennis0jp.jpg

swimming1vc.jpg

surfer6td.jpg

skate8gr.gif

neverendingstory3eq.jpg

monkey12uu4nl.jpg

hurdles9in.jpg

fhphotosjop6za.jpg

evolutionofdouche4pa.jpg

clock14pu.jpg

1698556297963713a83o4ec.jpg

:-)

FatAssBR
They played very well and deserved it.

They refereed quite well too. Germany's decision to give Lucic a second yellow really took the wind out of the Swedes.

Franz Beckenbauer just got married....in the middle of the WC??

He was a little desperate. :rolleyes:

Congrats though!

Ciao!

Mr.OzzyGT
Franz Beckenbauer just got married....in the middle of the WC??

He was a little desperate. :rolleyes:

Congrats though!

Apparently the couple only got three cards.

All from Graham Poll.

I don't know but for some reason, I don't like that ref. 👎

Any bets for the Argentina-Mexico match???

I think ARG 4- Mex 1

Ciao!

Famine
Apparently the couple only got three cards.

All from Graham Poll.

:lol:

Those pictures were hilarious, RouWa. thanks.

Sweden suck, though. I'd rather have seen Trinidad play Germany. Sweden've played like crap for the entire tourney.

Omnis
I'd rather have seen Trinidad play Germany.

I have a World Cup 2006 Game on my phone and I played T+T being Germany, I won 12-0 in a 7 minuite match.

It would of been good for T+T to go through, they played much better than Sweden in the Group Stage, especilly for their debut in the World Cup.

How in the hell is he still on the pitch?

Lucic gets sent off for looking funny, but professional fouls are fair game.

ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON!!!!

That goal from messi was 300% valid!!! as he was clearly ON-SIDE!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

if it wasn't for that terrible call from the ref, it would've been Argentina's game by now.:irked:

Let's see what happens in over-time.

Sorry for the reaction but right now I feel I've been cheated on....

Ciao!

Mr.OzzyGT
ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON ARGENTINA WON!!!!

That goal from messi was 300% valid!!! as he was clearly ON-SIDE!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

if it wasn't for that terrible call from the ref, it would've been Argentina's game by now.:irked:

Let's see what happens in over-time.

Sorry for the reaction but right now I feel I've been cheated on....

Ciao!

Apart from the part where Argentina should have played the whole second half with only 10 on the pitch...

Yeah, I think that was a bad call, but it was close. But, even the announcers say it was a bad call. Oh well.

I like how Mexico are using up to four defenders on Messi. That means they'll leave gaps in their defense for Tevez to take advantage of for his benefit.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! That was the most beautiful goal I've ever seen!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ARGENTINA I LOVE YOU!!!!

great goal :bowdown:

Ciao!

Solid Lifters
EDIT: OH MY GOD! That was the most beautiful goal I've ever seen!

That goal < Joe Cole's goal.

Edit: Apparently, decking an opponent in your penalty box right in front of the referee's face isn't a penalty...

Famine
That goal < Joe Cole's goal.

Edit: Apparently, decking an opponent in your penalty box right in front of the referee's face isn't a penalty...
Must have missed that one, 'cause I didn't see him do anything as cool.

Yeah, I saw the slap across the Mexican's half shaved head. I though it was funny.

Final!

Argentina 2 Mexico 1

I was watching the game at the pizzeria. (How guido does that sound?)

It was the most confusing thing ever, though, because the moron waitress had all the TV's on univision instead of ESPN. Univision, for whatever reason, broadcasts their time starting from 1 after each 45 minutes. So, it looked like they were 20 minutes in (they don't display which half it is, either.), when they were actually 65 minutes in. I got some strange looks from some people, though, because I was like "GOAL!!!!" when Maxi Rodriguez scored. :lol:

They only put a scoreboard on the TV One coverage a few days ago, and even then, it doesn't show the whole time, and the game timer never shows...

I want to see Aussie get creamed. If the All Whites (our team) are such crap that they can't qualify for the WC, Australia should lose big just so I can laugh at them.

:lol: at the Crouch pics, hard luck for Owen.

God damnit Maxi Rodriguez goal was effin awesome, quality player and I wouldn't be suprised to see him leave Athletico Madrid because of his WC performances.

Also Heinze is a such a nub, but i'll just put that down to being injured for so long and having a bit of ring rust.

It was a brilliant match and i've never seen Rafa Marquez play so well.

And man those Germans are well, they just look realy realy good. Although Sweden were realy realy bad and also that red card was stupid.

edit: I could watch this all day because man it's awesome.

I was very impressed by Germany yesterday, they controlled the game from start to finish and the Swedes looked lost. They could be a lot more dangerous than people are speculating. And Argentina were well tested by Mexico, I was expecting a wash-out but it didn't happen. Excellent goal to win it, similar to Joe Cole's except Cole was a bit further out and had more swerve on it. Rodriguez's was the more difficult to save, however.

Germany were great yesterday, i still can't believe all the UK pundits were saying they were crap at the beginning of the tournament. I was really disappointed with ibrahimovic though, he was awful.

Latest Posts

Back