GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
The Australian player should never had gone to ground.

He knows players dive and to give them a chance to do so inside the box is almsot done enough to deserve a penalty whether the ref said it was a foul or not.

whooooo!!! Forza Italia!!!! Forza Italia!!!! Forza Italia!!!

ok...*relaxing*

from what I read, it wasn't a so great match, specially that penalty call to favor us...but what do you do :rolleyes: That's football.

With haters or not, we'll take the cup :sly:

Next up...Ukraine or Switzerland. by the way, this game is on extra time right now.

Ciao!

This is ****ing retarded. There has to be a bias against Australia. No way can we get this ****ing awful decisions 2 games in a row.

120 minutes AND a penalty shoot out and still the Ukranian keeper doesn't concede a goal...

Lol. Looks like everything swiss has some kind of hole in it.

Eric Wynalda is such a douche. I can't stand this guy.

swissmiss-hotchoc-marsh.gif

How ironic...

Casio
This is ****ing retarded. There has to be a bias against Australia. No way can we get this ****ing awful decisions 2 games in a row.
I feel for ya, no really I do. That was no way a penalty at the end of that match, he was about to step over the player then decided if he dragged his leg he might get a penalty, so he dragged his leg. That's just as bad diving imo.

How nice are the German hosts? Apparently they've been bending over backwards to make this the friendliest World Cup ever... unfortunately some people are just not taking the bait... In yesterday's Guardian, there was a piece about the behaviour of the English fans that I found hilarious...

On the stage at the front of the square, a German master of ceremonies in an England shirt didn't have the best of starts to his warm up. "Hello United Kingdom!" he called gamely, enticing bellows of derision from various sections athered to watch the game on the big screens.

"England, you kraut muppet!" screeched one gentleman in tones so furiously offended one might fancy the MC had just made a particularly off-colour joke about his mother. Straining tightly across his upper body was a T-shirt reading "10 German bombers in the air ... and the RAF from Pompey shot them down"

Can't take them anywhere, eh? :P

I thought that penalty shoot-out was going to go all African-nations on us.

I still think that while the Australia penalty was harsh, the Aussie guy was dumb to slide in.

Right...

So if we follow your logic then, pretty much every team sucks.

From a guy having rock hard in it's signature though it's no surprise.

I would love to see Ghana win, but theres no way in hell that Ghana WILL win, thats my opinion though, if they do win i'll eat my hat. *Has hat on standby*

I seriously hope that Ukraine can get past Italy, i watched that match all the way, and i have to say there were some seriously bad/harsh decisions in there for the Aussies, funny though, down here it's gone all quiet like nothing ever happend, well i guess not alot of people thought that we were gonna win eh?;)

The only way Ghana will win is if Essien manages to 'accidently' break a few legs.

Btw Essien is pretty awesome!

You know I would have expected Italys strikers to be a bit less lethargic, I mean Luca Toni scored over 30 goals for Fiorentina and i'm pretty sure gilla got to the 20 goal mark with milan. I dunno they look kinda crappy playing for the national team, I think Iaquinta and Pipo looked allot better upfront. Although Iaquinta didn't look that stunning by himself against australia.

Don't get me started on Del Piero and bloody totti though, ugh.

Only if you are on one card.

Essien picked up his second yellow of the tournament in the final group game.

DQuaN
Only if you are on one card.

Essien picked up his second yellow of the tournament in the final group game.

Ahh, damn you Essien with your over enthusiastic tackling!

I expect Ghana to give Brazil a bit of a hard time though, although I can see them holding on and then Brazil just roll them over.

Not looking too good - 1-0 down already... maybe my bet on Ronaldo for Golden Boot is not looking quite so crap any more... 💡

Geez, I just turned on the game and it's 1-0 with two yellow cards and several fouls already after only 13 minutes of play!

Tis some game, today.

Latest Posts

Back