GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Omnis
He got a studs strike to the thigh.

Every time I see this post, all I can think of is Ashley Cole, but it's the wrong body part and there's a missing apostrophe in his case...

45 mins: GOAL Brazil 2-0 Ghana
Adriano doubles Brazil's lead, tapping in a cross from Cafu after a sweeping end-to-end move - but it was clearly offside.

tut tut.

Good win by Brazil, even if they only played at about 60% of their capabilities. But they'll have to play at 100% to beat Spain in the next round (Spain are gonna walk over France today.)

Famine
Every time I see this post, all I can think of is Ashley Cole, but it's the wrong body part and there's a missing apostrophe in his case...

Hahaha.

Man, I want to see Spain beat Brazil. It's kind of a shame that they have to play so early.

Poverty
Its getting boring brazil always winning or making it to the final.
Yeah, can't you guys get a team to match us? :sly:

Ghana made it pretty easy for us with that bad offside line they were doing. Their goalkeeper also made some good savings, we could've scored at least two more goals there. Ronaldo had a good performance, Ronaldinho Gaúcho made some slick moves too.

I think we're getting Spain in the next round.

Damn, this game is good. Whoever wins this, I want them to go all the way.

....but, Go spain.

I think Cesc gets the award for the goofiest wearing of his kit. Dude looks MAD funny from far away. I think it's because his shirt is tucked in so tight and his pants are probably the highest on the pitch.

PENALTY KICK! OMG!

Go Spain! Dude, what a stupid move by Thuram.

GOAL SPAIN!

DAMN IT!!!!!!!! FRANCE TIED THE GAME. WTF. Casillas...wtf, man.

Wtf is Ribery, too? Looks like Cano decided to change professions.

Wtf is wrong with ESPN announcers? I hate Eric Wynalda.

They keep saying "Luis Aragoñes" and "Carlos Senna" and "Fabregrass" Idiots.

****! RAMOS'S GOD DAMN LEG! DAMN IT! 2-1 France.

Ok so I france advances...then Brazil will have a chance to redeem themselves from their bizzare performance in the 98' World Cup final.

EDIT: Ok now that's a nice goal...by ZI ZU :sly:

Ciao!

DAMN IT! Zidane scores goal 3. This sucks.

Every team I root for always ****ing fails. :(

Man. Cesc Fabregas screwed up big time in this game. He can't play a whole 90 minutes on this team. I don't know why Aragones deviated from the original lineup.

Oh well. Go Zidane and Henry.

evilgenius788
Either way, if the ball hadn't bounced off the guy's leg, it would have went in anyway.

EDIT: ANOTHER GOAL FROM FRANCE! 3-1!

No, Casillas was set to block it, but it deflected off of Ramos's leg.

Famine
Go buy a Portugal shirt. Now.

Hahahaha.

Well, what can I say... I took a chance with Spain, and, actually, the Heat did sweep the NBA championship after being 2 games down.

It's a toss-up, then. I'll buy a ref jersey.

markj_87
I'm looking forward to the France '98 final rematch. Hopefully Brazil will put in a proper performance this time.

Fortunately, if Brazil loses, the media will hop off of its pole.

Unfortunately, if Brazil loses, the media will hop onto France's pole.

Well thats spain out and even I said that 'wow they look so good this year, I hope they don't go out early again' oh well same old spain.

Race Idiot
Well thats spain out and even I said that 'wow they look so good this year, I hope they don't go out early again' oh well same old spain.

I just got a real feeling of De Ja Vous.

Did you say exactly the same thing 2 years ago at Euro 04?

Six (Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy, Germany, France) of the seven (Uruguay did not qualify) world champions in former WCs are in the quarter finals.

Now we have:

ARG vs GER
ITA vs UKR

FRA vs BRA
ENG vs POR

The only clear victory I see is the one for Italy.

Latest Posts

Back