GTR from concept to production *finally comes to an end* or just the beginning =D

so they're gonna use the Nissan badge:scared: ? that's a tiny, but very good to hear, detail, which i am very excited about, it's all about one brand now with this GT-R....

My favorite proto render to date!

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gtr5vv.jpg
my.php

Yeah, saw them in another thread posted in the auto news section, looks better than I expected.

Thanks for the link, too bad its pretty low quality.

I like it how the 997 Turbo is with it all the time, gonna be one really hot car if it can keep up or topple the 997 turbo.

I wish they'll offer real manual as standard instead of some fat mans flappy paddle shlushbox..
i dont see whats wrong with paddle shifting. you get crisp, precise, consistant shifts. its one less thing you have to worry about when youre out on the track or auto-x course.

also, i dont see why youre referring to the system in such a negative view. theres a reason why teams in professional racing series like F1, ChampCar (not right now but next season), and ALMS (I think?) use paddle shifting...its better than both the standard H and lever operated sequential gearbox shifter

i dont see whats wrong with paddle shifting. you get crisp, precise, consistant shifts. its one less thing you have to worry about when youre out on the track or auto-x course.

also, i dont see why youre referring to the system in such a negative view. theres a reason why teams in professional racing series like F1, ChampCar (not right now but next season), and ALMS (I think?) use paddle shifting...its better than both the standard H and lever operated sequential gearbox shifter

I don't see why you're confusing a sequential-manual gearbox -- which is what F1, the WRC, and many other racecars use -- with an automatic transmission with a "manumatic" paddle-shifting mode -- which is what that GT-R is using, along with many other roadcars.

A sequential-manual gearbox uses a standard clutch and gear layout, giving it those crisp, precise shifts you talked about. The ability to drive in an "automatic" mode is up to the discretion of the manufacturer, but I know BMW's SMG and VAG's DSG offer such modes, with computer-controlled shifts.

An automatic transmission with a "manumatic" mode uses a torque converter :yuck: and the planetary gears of an automatic, giving it mushy, if reasonably quick, shifts. It also functions as a true automatic in normal conditions, until you switch into the "manumatic" mode to choose the gears yourself. But even in that mode, most transmissions have a long delay between the time that you want to shift and the time that the transmission shifts, and switch back to choosing their own gears once you hit redline. :rolleyes:

A "manumatic" 'box will never be as good as a manual, or a sequential-manual. That's why Leonidae is disappointed in the autotragic that the GT-R in that video has.

Isn't the GTR supposed to have the CVT trans with 8 fixed ratio's? I think thats what the rumours were pointing to, but the thing is we don't know what it will have.

I am pretty sure they wont use a automatic paddle shift slushbox in it's flagship car.

i hate the R35, it doesn't have the original style that all ones from R31 - R34 had, i loved them, goodbye Good GT-R:(

The R30 and R31 Skyline and the original Skylines and GT-R's didn't look anything like each other. By your logic you should hate the R32-R34 GT-R's for not looking anything like the originals. Personally I like the new GT-R quite a lot, there's a bit that's not right with the roof, but overall it's a very striking car and I like it.

3.8l DOHC Twinturbo, ATTESA-ETS PRO, performance matches/exceeds that of Porsche 911 turbo. most of the chassis has remained same as in the unveiled GT-R proto. brembo 6-pot brake callipers in front. Sequential gearbox will possibly make it into production.

bleh. i've said it before but i hate that blacked out a pillar. At 480 hp it may not be a supercar but it's gonna be one heluva sports car. But then again, they finaly stick the attessa and hopefully super hicas systems in a true sports car, and then screw it up with an automatic transmission. 👎:grumpy: Sombody, please. I think i just died a little inside...

💡 Maby they'll come out with a GT-R V-spec with 500+ hp and a manual!

I bet soon after the GTR release there will be Japanese tuning companys with true manual conversions.

Back