GTR from concept to production *finally comes to an end* or just the beginning =D

I wonder what the Super GT (JGTC) versions would look like? Probably it would resemble the GTR concept race car in GT4.

i'll take a black one.I hope it's TT

07gtr_black.jpg

Now I likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That is gangsta I want one of those. Did you photshop that yourself cause I need someone to photoshop the evo 10 concept x in black.

Nissan GT-R revealed
The wraps are finally off the most talked-about car at this year's Tokyo motor show - Nissan's GT-R prototype.

Called the GT-R Proto, it's the strongest indication yet of how 2007's all-new GT-R will look.

Unlike previous models, the new GT-R is being purpose built as a sports coupe rather than derived from a saloon model.

This means Nissan plans to drop the 'Skyline' tag (a new Skyline range of saloons and coupes already exists in Japan) and call the new car simply GT-R.

That said, the Skyline GT-R bloodline is evident in the new design - the twin rear lamps remain and the coupe shape is still chunky and muscular.

And, for now at least, the Proto will have to rely on its looks - it has no interior or engine yet, and Nissan hasn't yet confirmed any technical details.

It's unlikely the new GT-R will disappoint, though. It's one of the most hotly anticipated cars of this decade, and Nissan is taking the time to get it right (bear in mind this car was first announced in 2001).

Extensive development and track testing is planned before Nissan commits itself to specific technical detail, but we're expecting at least 400bhp and, if the company's hard work pays off, 'ultimate driving pleasure' (their words...).

We'll find out whether the new GT-R lives up to its heritage in exactly two years' time - the new car is scheduled to make its debut at the Tokyo show in 2007.

Max_DC
the back side is fine, but the front ?meh... no skyline left imo ... that looks like some random sports car... :indiff:
Take that front and modernize it a little bit - here we go ! Won't happen though.... :guilty:

Doesn't the Concept have nothing to do with the Skyline name anymore?

Its just GT-R. It wasn't meant to be the next Skyline R35.
AND, we're getting this in 2007 apparently.

DARKEST_HOUR
i'll take a black one.I hope it's TT

07gtr_black.jpg
Umm well I kinda changed the pic to my tatses, as you can see I made the C pillars more angular reminiscent of an R34 made the back end a little less rounded and made the front end a little boxier..

ND4SPD
Umm well I kinda changed the pic to my tatses, as you can see I made the C pillars more angular reminiscent of an R34 made the back end a little less rounded and made the front end a little boxier..
I like your version better than Nissan's

maybe you should consider a job there, or a little consulting ;)

live4speed
I think it's pretty much confirmed to have a 7 speed sequential gear box. Theres no problem driving thoes even if you don't like H shifters.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

That would really help me if it is true! :embarrassed: Manual + Clutch + Hills with stoplight = hit someone in the back...

To be honest...I tried to do a hill with a stoplight and ended up rolling back and hitting a 2000ish Civic.... I got very lucky because the guy said he was on his way to replace his hood with a Carbon Fiber hood, so its ok....Lucky ME! :embarrassed: I never felt so embarassed in my life and I would never EVER drive a pick up truck with a stick EVER AGAIN! :grumpy:

Back on topic! :embarrassed:

RollAzn, nice setup with the pictures! :embarrassed: Now we can see side by side how much the first concept changed! :embarrassed: I love the last picture by the way....

The GTR got a very big and sexy butt I want to grab! :sly: :embarrassed:

rollazn

Hmm, it seems that they accidentally swapped the greenhouses between the two concepts... :lol: Here's something I put together in about 5 mins...

gtrproto3ou.jpg

Now THAT is sexy. :drool:

You know, I was just looking up the Nissan lineup of cars in GT4 and remember coming across the GTR Concept. Bit of an ugly machine, yes? And you see people... this is why you don't bash concept cars. They aren't going to be on the road, they aren't going to be adorned by some aftermarket, all they offer is a sense in which a car could be in with a future concept. If the car doesn't go into production, elements from it will appear in future products.

Having said this, I don't have a cowboy hat, but I'd tip my cowboy hat to "Rollazn" and "DARKEST_HOUR" for the last two sets of pictures. Now allow me to break down this car's looks from frontal dimensions, rear dimensions, from the sides, and anything else I may see fit.

FRONTAL DIMENSIONS: One potential turn-off for me was nullified. That turn-off? Tall headlights. I normally don't like tall headlights (especially not on machines like recent Cadillacs), but the look makes the machine that much more aggressive up front. While the R34 Skyline proved to be a mean-looking bastard with its boxy and bold image, this one looks ready to take on the race track and leave its would-be competition in the dust. I'll go on record saying that the car brings beauty up front, even more beautiful would be its engine. Plus, the front overfender up front gives the car a very mean look.

REAR DIMENSIONS: Subtle spoiler, dual exhaust, and a more streamlined look. If you ask me, the front meant business. But the rear is oxymoronic. The lights look pretty nice, but those muffler pipes mean business. I don't know. Is it a beautiful beast, or an ugly masterpiece? The flow seems to be a nice flow. My only drawback would likely be roof design of the car.

SIDES: You know, I can imagine a Super GT/JGTC version of this car already. It will be the meanest bad boy on the track. But in terms of the street car, the sides balances beauty and aggression. The introduction of a side air duct will likely be functional to getting the air out of the car. If not, what's wrong with a little extra styling, player? I'd probably change up how the doors look. A little too flamboyant.

But all in all... I dig this car. Never been this excited about a Nissan since the S15 Silvia Spec-R Aero (in blue or silver of course), or the R34 Skyline.

Wolfe2x7
gtrproto3ou.jpg

Now THAT is sexy. :drool:
much better 👍

but yeah john is right. carlos ghosn said this is justa sneak preview of current development anyways. remember the Z concept back in 1999?
nissanz_07.jpg

and even the 2nd concept
concept_2001_z_concept.jpg

a lot of revisions from crowd reaction, aerodynamics, and safety/engineering issues are expected form any car from concept to street production

Z32

Hmm...I've never seen that concept before...they should've kept that design, and just made the front end less "fish-like." It looks more like a classic Z than the 350Z.

Darkest_Hour, you just reminded me of a question I was thinking about, but couldn't find it in my head! :lol:

Does Nissan/Infiniti plan to release different variations of the GTR? :odd:

skylineGTR_guy
It's confirmed the 2007 GT-R will be sold in Japan as a Nissan. No decision has been made on weather the Infiniti or Nissan badge will be used to market the car around the world.

taken from: http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/

Great, hopefully it will be Nissan in Australia also.

McLaren'sAngel

Darkest_Hour, you just reminded me of a question I was thinking about, but couldn't find it in my head! :lol:

Does Nissan/Infiniti plan to release different variations of the GTR? :odd:

I dont know for sure but I would be suprised if they didnt.

VIPERGTSR01
I dont know for sure but I would be suprised if they didnt.

I got to admit, sometimes I hate the idea of having several variations of any car. It gets me in this mood of once in a while of wanting the most newest badge to get the best.

Like V-Spec and V-Spec II...I pick V-Spec because its simply...more updated :indiff: Sometimes I want to stab myself for thinking like that :dopey: :P

As I stated, I think Nissan hit all the right buttons in making this car sweet-looking. When I was chatting with "McLaren'sAngel" about this, I was talking about how the aftermarket would cash in on helping Skyline/GTR owners make Nissan's Skyline, THEIR Skyline. But we won't really see any results until maybe a year or two. Rest assured... the Nissan faithful will likely think this will be the nicest-looking Nissan since the S15 Silvia lineup of cars (you already know my favorite is the S15 Silvia Spec-R Aero, especially in blue or silver).

Something I didn't include in my small summary of the car's looks is how it relates to the older-gen prototype. For one thing, the older-generation model looked like crap, even if PD created their own one-off race car of the concept. The older concept looked more boxy than sexy. GTP, can you imagine if the next best Skyline really looked like the Nissan GT-R concept like in GT4 and GT Concept? Would have been the ugliest Skyline of all time. But this Skyline concept of now is quite alluring and beastly. To me, this is a matured Skyline. I actually thought the R34 Skyline was pretty cool with its boxy, but mean look. It will still be the flagship sports car for Nissan. I'd just modify a few of the edges and curves of the car. But the rest of the car, it's fine as is. Just release it so us Skyline lovers can appreciate its loveliness outside and within.

Off topic, I'd just have to wonder what the JGTC/Super GT version would be like. On top of that, sure like to see a GRAN TURISMO Pace car version in a future GT game. ^_^ By the way, thanks for the compliment, Live4Speed buddy.

Johhny, I think there might be some funny aftermarket parts if people want to make their GTR more personalized. I have a feeling that some might try badging the Infiniti into a Nissan! :lol: There might even be body kits that might allow the GTR to resemble more of an R34 or simply a better looking car. Anything is possible with aftermarkets and custom jobs. 👍

SkylineGTR_Guy, nice work! 👍 I still think the Carbon Fibers will make it into production though.

Back