GTR from concept to production *finally comes to an end* or just the beginning =D

Yeah I agree, I think with the whole image Nissan is aiming for with the GT-R the design probably won't change much. Carlos also said before the TMS that this concept will quite closely resemble the production version.

Hmm, I didn't think it was at frist, then I zoomed in and it could be.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I got to say that I believe 100% that its Kaz! 👍

Those clothes look like the same one Kaz wore during that other show in Las Vegas. (I think that show he was there to pick out some cars to be in GT4.) :embarrassed: I think the body could be a big giveway since Kaz is a skinny man. :indiff: The face is too distorted a bit for me to tell, but it does look like him...It GOT TO BE HIM :)

If it is Kaz, TMS would probably let him get that close to the GTR since he is the creator of Gran Turismo! :embarrassed:

Enough of the physical detail....THAT GOT TO BE HIM! :grumpy: When Kutscher80 pointed it out, I felt my heart jumped a bit over the guy in the background. I trust my heart also that its the man! Kazunori Yamauchi! :embarrassed:

McLaren'sAngel

If it is Kaz, TMS would probably let him get that close to the GTR since he is the creator of Gran Turismo! :embarrassed:

Enough of the physical detail....THAT GOT TO BE HIM! :grumpy: When Kutscher80 pointed it out, I felt my heart jumped a bit over the guy in the background. I trust my heart also that its the man! Kazunori Yamauchi! :embarrassed:

Im sure Nissan would let him close to the GTR anytime he is very close to Nissan.

He is at TMS showing off Tourist Trophy" The real riding simulator (IGN video to prove it).

gtrprototypechop9cp.jpg

Wolfe2x7
Hmm, it seems that they accidentally swapped the greenhouses between the two concepts... :lol: Here's something I put together in about 5 mins...

gtrproto3ou.jpg

Now THAT is sexy. :drool:

That is ten times better looking than the Proto.

The Chopped roof, the carbon fiber A-pillars, it just looks like some kind of deformed monster starting to open it's mouth, but not in a good way.

Those last pics, with the CF removed look a lot better too, but the Roof chop still bothers me...on a related note, I find the R34 much much better looking now.

Yeah I like that roof line much better than the current chopped carbon A pillar thing.

V6 twinturbo, yeah !!!! I don't like V8's, nice to see that at least the GT-R stays with 6 cylinders and turbos.... :)

McLaren'sAngel

Good article! :embarrassed: I still wish they can round up that roof line though. :indiff:
It's kind of growing on me, at first I thought it looked too odd, now it kind of gives a bit more personality to the car from certain angles. Regardless of the looks though, it helps the cars aerodynamics, which is nice to know. I'm really considering a deposit on one of these, I'd have a couple of years to wait but that'd give me the time to save. But since I've got a deposit for a TVR as much as I want to theres really no good enough reason for me too.

Damn nice car though.

I'm guessing the G35 logo is there to distract away from the new Skyline, or is the new Skyline just going to be a new G35 for us?

The test mule at the Nordschleife.

I wonder if the new car would be as successful in racing as the R32, R33 and R34 were.

ITS OFFICIAL BOYS AND GIRLS

In an email from nissan today:

Since the unveiling of the GT-R PROTO at last October's Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan has continued development of the legendary GT-R sports coupe. And while details about the next generation GT-R have been few, one important piece of information was made public today.

Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., kicked-off the New York International Auto Show with the exciting revelation that the GT-R will be sold in the U.S. as the Nissan GT-R.

As part of his keynote address at the International Motor Press Association Breakfast, Mr. Ghosn said that when he unveiled the GT-R PROTO, Nissan had not yet decided whether the GT-R would be sold as a Nissan or an Infiniti in the United States.

Mr. Ghosn also expressed enthusiasm that the heart-pounding GT-R will build on drivers' passion for the Nissan brand.

also:

Nissan Announces North American Sales Channel for GT-R [April. 12, 06]

NEW YORK (April 12, 2006) – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. President and CEO Carlos Ghosn today announced that the next generation of Nissan’s renowned GT-R performance car will be available in North America and badged as a Nissan model, consistent with its global branding. The GT-R, which was previewed in concept form as the GT-R PROTO (shown above), has not previously been offered for sale in North America. The GT-R will debut in production form at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in Fall 2007, followed by the U.S. and Canada in Spring 2008. More details on the launch of the GT-R will be available at a later date.

Good news indeed.
Nice to see Nissan keeping the Nissan name in America and not the Infinity name.
Is 2008 here yet??
Hate waiting for so long. :indiff:

Misnblu

Back