GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
I think drivers shouldnt be given less points just because they are in a different room. Something could happen that the first place takes himself out of a race and someone that qualified slower wins the race. I think the current points system is fair enough to allow even D2 drivers a chance at scoring some real points for championship. Even on the days when the faster guys cant qualify but still race in D2!

Qualifying/practice room open:
1472-6399-8451-1928-8168 Closed

Any stewards online? Please drop by I'd like to set my time, I may be out tomorrow. Edit: done qualifyin, thanks Hortus!

Last edited:
Top 3 separated my less then a tenth.:eek:

Edit::lol: Never mind, top 3 separated by just over a second.

Good laps guys.

I'm looking forward to a closely fought race on Friday evening. That Subaru seems rapid though...looks as though they'll be sailing off into the sunset with Piket.

Top 3 separated my less then a tenth.:eek:
Edit::lol: Never mind, top 3 separated by just over a second.
Managed to quali within 0.1s of my best lap. Finally! For the first time I didn't cave under the superquali pressure :)

I'm gonna be missing fridays race guys. Really not keen on this track as a personal view, I really dont think this track is suited for these cars, and there'll just be huge pileups in the first few corners especially as theres literally no grip exiting. Have a good race whoevers participating!

I'm gonna be missing fridays race guys. Really not keen on this track as a personal view, I really dont think this track is suited for these cars, and there'll just be huge pileups in the first few corners especially as theres literally no grip exiting. Have a good race whoevers participating!

The pileups are the only reason I'm attending :lol: :sly:

When will the polesitter for each class be allowed to accelerate? The rule is when all the drivers are on the pit straight and then the polesitter gets to choose but on Tsukuba and with a bigger grid with 14 as opposed to 7 that won't be possible, just let the polesitter decide once he has exited the final bend?

Here's the new results "dump" for all stewards and capable hosts to quickly and easily enter all race information as soon as a race is over.

ALL STEWARDS AND CH's PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAILS ASAP SO I CAN ADD YOU AS AUTHORS. If any one has any questions about how to use the sheet feel free to PM me to get instructions.

It's pretty simple, just add the names and the sheet collates all the points automatically. Just be extra sure the driver's name is exactly the same through out all the sheets. You need to add race completion points yourself if you're editing it and insert comments about penalties or DSQ in the gap column. Look at round 1 in the sheets as an example.

CLICK HERE FOR GT500 RESULTS

CLICK HERE FOR GT300 RESULTS

Or maybe when the polesitter crosses the start and finnish line race starts then.

Alright, I added all of these people as editors to the results and Super Qualifying sheets.

chorda (Denilson),Paginas (Paginas1), Moleman (Andil), KamyKaze1098 (KamyKaze1098), Shrugging_Atlas (Ultrap13), HortusIX (HortusIX), OwensRacing (OwensRacing), Masi (Masi)

Just need these E-mails:
Joshua1994 (Joshua1994) - Capable Host
JPzer (JPzer) -Capable Host
Scanny_Flick (Scanny_Flick) - Capable Host

Also, could some one please upload and send me the replay of division 1 & 2 races? I'm gonna start archiving the .rpy files with a link on the results sheets in the main points table form. It would also be nice if some one could give me a screengrab or picture of the results screen that comes up right after a race that would be awesome.

The way I'd imagine this to ultimately be used is that someone quickly takes a picture of the results with their phone or something then just pops in all the names and times right away, lightning quick points tabulation and ranking follows. 👍

Last edited:
Points: I think we should implement the one used from last season. If you ended up qualifying in D2, well you probably deserve to be there.
Let it serve as motivation to enhance and improve your skills further for the next race (next mixed race qualy specifically). I think the race
percentage completion (at 85% of laps) should be enough consolation for D2 qualifiers.

Well I'm kinda split in the way div. 2 points should be awarded. Mainly because if someone has to fend off 6 other drivers to win than they do deserve better points. If they destroy the field by tens of seconds, they deserve better points.

What I don't agree with is how in Round 1, the top Div. 2 finishers only had to fight against half of a regular field. In that case I really don't think they deserve extra points.

So I propose we set a limit to where extra points for a win are (activated. And it's only extra points for the winner, no extras for the podium finishers.

The limit would be that the winner of D2 has to have won a race with at least 6 drivers starting or they beat 2nd place by a minimum of 15 seconds. Either one will guaruntee them well deserved extra points for a good drive. Maybe 5 points extra.

This could work out better and more simply.

Well I'm kinda split in the way div. 2 points should be awarded. Mainly because if someone has to fend off 6 other drivers to win than they do deserve better points. If they destroy the field by tens of seconds, they deserve better points.

What I don't agree with is how in Round 1, the top Div. 2 finishers only had to fight against half of a regular field. In that case I really don't think they deserve extra points.

So I propose we set a limit to where extra points for a win are (activated. And it's only extra points for the winner, no extras for the podium finishers.

The limit would be that the winner of D2 has to have won a race with at least 6 drivers starting or they beat 2nd place by a minimum of 15 seconds. Either one will guaruntee them well deserved extra points for a good drive. Maybe 5 points extra.

This could work out better and more simply.

I'm amenable to whatever points or scoring system the organizers agree with. I'm here to have fun, maybe I'll be competitive in the future when my driving skills improve. But as of the now, racing with good drivers in this league and experiencing the dynamic nature of online race is my definition of fun, and this is enough motivation for me to join WSGTC. :)

D1: 55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22
D2: 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2

Same: 55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2, 1

I think this system is the best one.

Should we go with this one instead?
I'll make sure to re do the tables asap! 👍

I think this point system would work very well!

I added you to the sheets Steely 👍
They're the sheetiest things I've ever done.

In D1 during Fuji we restarted mid-parade lap because someone got DC'd. After restarting we lost Owens during the parade lap. I thought this was really crummy luck for Owens cause he deserved a restart as much as the 1st guy, but since people were getting anxious to start we just kept on going.

I think that once the parade laps start, we don't do any restarts. Any thoughts?

I think that once the parade laps start, we don't do any restarts. Any thoughts?
As cruel as it is to spend many hours preparing for a race only to get DC'ed on the parade lap I agree with you. No restarts when 1 car disconnects. But if 2 or more cars disconnect I think we should probably restart once.

The GT5 online play feature is far from robust as everyone is painfully aware. However, there are some steps everyone should take in order to minimize connectivity issues:

• Use wired ethernet, not the built-in PS3 wireless card
  • Make sure you have good Internet connectivity with no packet loss
  • Make sure your connection type is NAT 2
  • Clear network cache in the GT5 options menu before every race
Unfortunately there is no way I know of to enforce this but violators will likely cause problems to themselves and others.

In D1 during Fuji we restarted mid-parade lap because someone got DC'd. After restarting we lost Owens during the parade lap. I thought this was really crummy luck for Owens cause he deserved a restart as much as the 1st guy, but since people were getting anxious to start we just kept on going.

As cruel as it is to spend many hours preparing for a race only to get DC'ed on the parade lap I agree with you. No restarts when 1 car disconnects. But if 2 or more cars disconnect I think we should probably restart once.

The GT5 online play feature is far from robust as everyone is painfully aware. However, there are some steps everyone should take in order to minimize connectivity issues:

• Use wired ethernet, not the built-in PS3 wireless card
  • Make sure you have good Internet connectivity with no packet loss
  • Make sure your connection type is NAT 2
  • Clear network cache in the GT5 options menu before every race
Unfortunately there is no way I know of to enforce this but violators will likely cause problems to themselves and others.

I'm in agreement...it is harsh, but as Queen famously put it - the show must go on

Back