GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
I totally agree with you steel!
Thing is that last season people complined about the lack of points gathered in D2 was too low.
So we had it up for discussion and the majority (100 % if I recall) said that the point system we are now using was the best one.
I'm no saying it's impossible that we will change the point structure. But if we do, we need to do it asap!

So how about 1st place in D2 earn as much as 6th place in D1? Would that be a better solution, or do we want to separate the divisions completely like last season.

I have to say that I've seen more negative bits of the point system used at the moment than I did during the discussions.

ALL: Please have a say! 👍

Thing is that last season people complined about the lack of points gathered in D2 was too low.
So we had it up for discussion and the majority (100 % if I recall) said that the point system we are now using was the best one.
I'm no saying it's impossible that we will change the point structure. But if we do, we need to do it asap!

So how about 1st place in D2 earn as much as 6th place in D1? Would that be a better solution, or do we want to separate the divisions completely like last season.

I have to say that I've seen more negative bits of the point system used at the moment than I did during the discussions.

Why do dont you do same points system as f1?

Why do dont you do same points system as f1?

Because it's a horrible system for GT5.

For some odd reason people are under the impression that the F1 points system is the be all and end all of points systems. I personally much prefer the Indy car points system.

I, personally, see no problem with the system being used now. It seems fair to me.

I would of figured the Super GT point system would be best as this is a Super GT championship ;)

Although quite honestly I don't mind how the points are.. as long as it is fair and most people are happy it is fine with me.

I suggest 1st place in D2 is same as 7th in D1.

I don't mind with current point system. But if its changed, as long as its reasonable for the D2 drivers to have a decent points then i don't mind at all.

Btw will the stewards open a room today? i think i might qualify today

I don't like how D2's 1st, 2nd & 3rd place score the same amount of points D1's 5th, 6th, & 7th place

I just don't think it's fair that 1st place of D2 scores more than 7th place of D1 where it seems clear that the D1's pace is much quicker than D2's.
I suggest 1st place in D2 is same as 7th in D1.
👍 I agree fully...and since the winner of the D2 race himself proposes the change perhaps we could institute the change now and update the points for Race #1. If no change is made we're risking the possibility of some people intentionally not qualifying and then dominating D2 to earn more points.

D2.1 should score 22 points just like D1.7.

The D1 GT300 was very competitive, 3rd-7th were very quick, much faster than D2.

D1: 55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22
D2: 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2

Same: 55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2, 1

I think this system is the best one.

Should we go with this one instead?
I'll make sure to re do the tables asap! 👍

Maybe it would good to have to seperate sets of Bonus Points for Mixed Class races...?

Perhaps not for Pole position, as this can be manufactured during Super Quali. But maybe instead for a fastest lap during a D2 race...?

Looks like a good system to me.

BTW - thanks to Masi for compiling an interim Drivers Points Table and Team Points Table.

Say hello to our newest member!

Dantedani36 :cheers:

He will take the XANAVI Z, and Jav will jump in to the standard IMPREZA to team up with Hutjung. 👍

Just a clarification, 1st place in D2 gets 22 or 18?

I like that, seems more fair ;)

Practice/Qualifying room up: 1472-6118-4130-9224-9080

Denilson, how much kerb are we allowed to use at the exit of the last corner, on the outside? Been wondering this for days.

Same as always: 2 wheels touching white line / red/white curb at all times.
If you're outside of the red/white curb with more than 2 wheels, the lap is dirty.

Same as always: 2 wheels touching white line / red/white curb at all times.
If you're outside of the red/white curb with more than 2 wheels, the lap is dirty.

Alright cool, thanks for clearing that up for me, been seeing quite a few a people use the full kerb so I was just making sure.

I think a friend of mine would like to sign up for the GT300 Class. Is that OK?

I've had a look on the driver's page and it seems like there is one more space on the Impreza '03 team so I'm guessing he'd be automatically assigned a place on that team..?

That looks good Denis. 👍

@ luckylefty2gunz
You should practice in an open lobby. We discovered last season tires heat up at different rates in open lobby vs my lounge. Don't be unprepared for race day. ;)

in my lounge send friend request and join or should i open room and post room number?

Hey, it's best to open an Open Lobby, that way, even people not on your friend list can join you. Plus, as Kamy has said, the grip levels of the tyres are different due to the fact they heat up at different rates...something that, in all honesty, shouldn't be an issue on a Playstation 3 game, but hey.

Back