GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
ultrap13
rejoin OwensRacing we're waiting

Game froze the count Dow. And list on my screen. Grrrrr

Rediculous. This league has someone with a crap connection causes issues.

I have ZERO issues other then here. I didn't have issues. Today till we lost CF and he rejoined. Game froze at screen. Then rejoined got a freeze at count down.

I can't be spending 10hrs plus a week practicing/ Qualfying to not get to race.

This happens again. I resigning from this league. No way will I put out that time to not race. Besides taking off work two hours early. :(

Last edited:
Ah, unfortunate. We're you running laps when the green flag countdown started?

Drivers still running on the track (you should stay in the pits) tend to freeze the connection producing black screens and causing disconnects (to some). I had this happen a few times on random lobbies, don't know if still happens today since its been a while since i went racing.

Although this might not be your issue, maybe its the host.

Last edited:
Sadly I was host. I think everyone stayed put in the pits.

I been testing my connection

Ping Test Done On PS3:
ce35ec7a.jpg

Speed Test Done On PS3:
6cf87bba.jpg

PS3's Internet Connection Test:
2a48e4f2.jpg

Bottom Room I was in full bars:
5098066d.jpg

Hmmmm I gonna say it's not me. But I am not an IT pro.

Last edited:
< not an IT pro either... but yah, i would think that's sufficient enough.

Anyway, in terms of turn outs, i remember proposing once to moving the race days to Saturdays.. Maybe that should spur more people to join thus allowing for a
more bigger and competitive field. Although i think the regulars will all be hard pressed to stay with Fridays since it's been that way since Race 1, and especially
now that the season has started. I won't be racing this season so i don't really have a say in this.

Last pics:

From PC:

92c837dc.jpg

1a902651.jpg

All the testing done with my kids online on their PS3.

Sorry I had to leave, life called.:( I had such a good start as well, I managed to get a 3 second lead in 2 laps.:banghead:

Akmuq, you probably would've won our class as well. As for me... got lapped by the leader in our class and three times by the GT500 leader

Pinoy took it, when you left I had a slight jump with lag and clipped Raagentreg. I let him pass back but Pinoy was long gone by then. I was really enjoying our battle until that happened. Once I saw him battling damage as well as me it felt like an empty race from there on.

Our race start was confusing which caused a short delay. The GT500 should have waited for us (GT300) to complete 1 lap, then we go together (GT300 front of the pack, then GT500) for another lap, then on to race with GT500 pack 45 to 60 seconds behind.

I'm absolutely appalled by the connection in that race. If you insist on using a North American host, please make sure it's someone on the East Coast with a half-decent connection.

My entire race was just full of lag. Every so often it would spike and cars would be all over the place. Some people were just driving like lunatics as well, especially considering it's on hard damage. On lap 28 I was the only person on the track at the coca-cola corner, yet I hit an invisible car and ended up with both front wheels ruined and my engine totalled! I was catching JPzer as well, seriously gutted. Then 3 laps from the end, I was trying to lap Atlas, on my screen I was miles away but then he lagged out of nowhere in front of me and I crashed into him.

I know for a fact that it isn't my connection either. I've connected plenty of times to North American hosts with full 16-player rooms and had no issues, I've hosted rooms myself with 16 players and had no issues. And in my own championship there are absolutely zero issues.

Congrats to Remy all the same for winning, the GT300 drivers did exceptionally well when being lapped. I did my best to stay out of the way, all things considered.

If the race moves to Saturdays, or the lag doesn't fix itself then I will have to drop out. Which is a shame because I'd prefer to continue racing.

It's a person causing this lag. Bet money on it. You and raced together. I never have issues there. You either.

The person doing so has to know their is a questionable connection on their end.

Personally. I have Broad Band and there nothing else better available for me. :( I am not ruling out myself. I'd need proof. No signs say so right now.

Someone said NAT type 2 or it will ruin it for others somewhere.

And vote to stay on Friday same time.

I'm absolutely appalled by the connection in that race. If you insist on using a North American host, please make sure it's someone on the East Coast with a half-decent connection.

My entire race was just full of lag. Every so often it would spike and cars would be all over the place. Some people were just driving like lunatics as well, especially considering it's on hard damage. On lap 28 I was the only person on the track at the coca-cola corner, yet I hit an invisible car and ended up with both front wheels ruined and my engine totalled! I was catching JPzer as well, seriously gutted. Then 3 laps from the end, I was trying to lap Atlas, on my screen I was miles away but then he lagged out of nowhere in front of me and I crashed into him.

I know for a fact that it isn't my connection either. I've connected plenty of times to North American hosts with full 16-player rooms and had no issues, I've hosted rooms myself with 16 players and had no issues. And in my own championship there are absolutely zero issues.

Congrats to Remy all the same for winning, the GT300 drivers did exceptionally well when being lapped. I did my best to stay out of the way, all things considered.

If the race moves to Saturdays, or the lag doesn't fix itself then I will have to drop out. Which is a shame because I'd prefer to continue racing.

I only saw minor lag in one driver in the begining. Everyone else was fine it seems.

Pinoy took it, when you left I had a slight jump with lag and clipped Raagentreg. I let him pass back but Pinoy was long gone by then. I was really enjoying our battle until that happened. Once I saw him battling damage as well as me it felt like an empty race from there on.

Me too, I felt empty racing alone while counting several GT500's who easily passed by me. :)

I do feel for you Owens, I do feel I was lucky to be able to restart, very glad my connect held and I had a good race, my congratulations to Remy who had me on strategy, looking forward to Tsukuba

Great racing in GT300!! First 12 laps saw a tough 5-way battle between 2 Subarus, 2 IS350's and one RX7. Noone seemed to be able to break away. Had to pit 1 lap early due to damage. The Subarus were on 2-stop strategy the other on 1-stopper. After my 2nd stop I caught up to Steel and Hortus and passed them quickly.

Then it was off to the chases after Kamy! With fresher tires I was catching him quickly 1-2s per lap. On lap 37 I just caught his draft. Unfortunately we were denied a battle due to a collision with GT500 which I won't discuss here.

Looking like it should be a fun season. Congrats to the winners.

Very tough race, not gonna go into details until I've got some rest, but the first 25 laps of the race were very close in GT500. And I second what Arkano said, GT300 guys were very generous in terms of room. So well done Remy and Tony for winning their classes 👍

In terms of connection, I never had any problems, although some randomers joined the room at different times of the race. If they had bad connections it could of affected some drivers.

Re: Lag - I saw nothing, no one jumping around etc. - seemed fine to me. Anyone else have the experience of Arkano or is it just him? Worth finding out before jumping to conclusions.

For the race - Knew I would be hard pushed to keep up with Tony, because my qualifying lap was a good lap that I doubt I will ever beat at Fuji in that car. Not in quali circumstances with a full tank of fuel anyway. Came past Tony on lap 2 and he sat on my tail not wanting to pass for the next 2-3 laps but I think he knew as well as I did that he was much quicker. I couldn't manage quali-type pace lap after lap, and understeer through the long right hander was killing my laptime and tyres especially.

Once past me it was pretty apparent that Tony was miles quicker through the 2nd Sector of the lap, and I really couldn't hold on.

In the end was a bit of a lonely race, Tony finishing half a minute up the road, and 3rd place finishing half a minute down the road. So tbh my 2nd and 3rd stints of the race were a bit lacklustre because there wasn't much inspiration to push at all :P - gave it a go on the first couple of laps after my final pit stop to try and steal fastest lap - managed a 1:41.6xx - but Tony managed a 1:41.5xx anyway, so, bah! Haha!

Well done Tony and Remy on GT300/500 wins respectively - Thanks to GT500 drivers for giving room when passing etc. - For me, bit lonely (and knackering, I forgot how long these races were) but enjoyed it! Looking forward to next week :)

I can't be spending 10hrs plus a week practicing/ Qualfying to not get to race.

This happens again. I resigning from this league. No way will I put out that time to not race. Besides taking off work two hours early. :(
Hopefully it was an isolated incident. Happened to me last season once and I was gutted. I agree with you that everyone who wants to race should be required to have NAT2. Perhaps post a picture.

Good race for me.
Started good but backed down a bit. I was happy running last on GT 300 on the big draft pack while the 2 aliens went away.
I was starting to get gapped when the first GT500 came to unlap themselves and during the chaos I was able to catch up to some of the guys. In the middle of this I think the first 3, Tony, Mole and Atlas stopped for the first of 2 times while I was in first followed by the rest of the GT300. The 2 aliens managed to get back their spots quite easy as I was on bad tires. Did my sole stop in lap 20 with Sloth on the other Lexus close behind and Atlas managed to get 3rd again.
First laps with this tires I was overtaken by Falcon and Biffy on two consecutive laps and managed to keep in their bumper for more than half a lap, as they were with worn out tires and near to their stop. That allowed me to build a good gap for the rest of the 1 stopers.
Atlas still managed to overtake them and was almost catching me 3 laps to go. I went wide and lost a couple of seconds and it was certain that I would have to battle hard for 3rd. Then Atlas was pushed wide by a GT500 and the 3rd place was mine.
Felt like a win being behind the 2 aliens specially at this track wich I hate.
All in all a good weekend for me.

Atlas its rough for sure. I kinda gotta plan out my kids attention etc etc hahaha full blown event. Usually why I am the one pushing to restart to get a guy in. If he goes through what I do to get the uninterrupted time. Then yea.

Also let another host. Something I seem to have no issues with is being in others rooms. So defiantly wanna stack my odds. Would hate to have to leave. Be depressed for a month.

Congrats to Remy K and Tony!!!

Also good to hear many had great races. Look forward to next week.

My entire race was just full of lag. Every so often it would spike and cars would be all over the place. Some people were just driving like lunatics as well, especially considering it's on hard damage. On lap 28 I was the only person on the track at the coca-cola corner, yet I hit an invisible car and ended up with both front wheels ruined and my engine totalled!
I saw no lag in this race whatsoever. I'm in the U.S. Northeast and was racing bumper to bumper with 2 guys from England, 1 from Portugal with no issues. If anyone is experiencing so much lag that multiple cars fly all over perhaps the best thing to do is to park it because it's an accident waiting to happen.

I saw no lag in this race whatsoever. I'm in the U.S. Northeast and was racing bumper to bumper with 2 guys from England, 1 from Portugal with no issues. If anyone is experiencing so much lag that multiple cars fly all over perhaps the best thing to do is to park it because it's an accident waiting to happen.

same here, no issue here whatsoever with lab, I'm driving out of the US Midwest

Masi_23
Congrats everyone for finishing. Can't wait to see the results 👍

We would love to have you out for qualifiers or even on race day. Maybe join on some practice laps. Dust of the old RX7. :)

Back