GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
We would love to have you out for qualifiers or even on race day. Maybe join on some practice laps. Dust of the old RX7. :)

What he said. Also a big shame for you to not be able to race with us today Owens, hopefully better next week. đź‘Ť

Race Report:
It was a very tough race for me as i was battling the GT5 drivers time wise. I couldn't afford a mistake or at least stay at minimum. The first 5 laps was intense between us, we swapping place at least 3 times per lap. On lap 5th or 6th i forgot, a miscommunication happened between me and joshua, it sent me off-course for a bit and him too i think. But we carry on, and i was eager to pit as i'm really struggling with the damage on my rear right wheel. So i pitted early and think that i have to do longer stint with my tires. As my original plan was to use the tires for 13 to 14 laps each stint. But now i have to do at least 17 laps each so its going to be a tough battle i thought, and so it did.
Most of the time i was racing alone, except for a few times where i found the GT300 drivers. As stated above, the 300 drivers were very generous giving us space to pass, but on one occasion i did clipped a GT300 driver, i didn't remember who it was but its on the second to last corner, i was on the inside but i brake too late therefore i hit him from the side. My apologize to whoever it was if he remember.
From then on, i know that i'm having a consistent lap and might be able to leap frog them all once they pitted twice. And i did. So the question now was how am i going to save my tires till the end. C-Falc in the NSX was very quick especially on a fresh rubber, not to say Biffy slightly behind him and Jpzer as well. But i managed to hold it and not make too many mistakes by sliding the rear so the tires could last longer. In the end i took the chequered flag after a long battle. Congratulations to C-Falc and Biffy for coming second and third. And of course to GT300 Drivers who won the race and on the podium as well. Thank you for other drivers who participate and make my friday better. đź‘Ť

Internet connection:
There is no issue whatsoever in my part, everyone is smooth and not lagging as far as i can see.

To conclude, it was a fun race, eager to try the GT-R with a 60KG ballast lol. Must handle like a ship that car for the second race lol.

I wish i could, but i sold my wheels :( I cant stand driving with the DS3. I miss dueling it out with Andy (Lexus duo) and the rest of the GT300 guys. Looks like we lost a few of the regulars from season 1 like Sonic? But yah, I'll see if i can make at least the last half of the season :)

Only saw lag once, well twice but within 10 seconds of each other

Happened when lead gt500 pack came through gt300's for the first time

First jpzer lagged once and darted across the track halfway down the start straight and then Josh came past me just before braking zone for turn 1 and lagged in front of me which took my concentration for a split second meaning I just missed braking point and ran a bit deep and into shrugging atlas, i don't remember it being big contact but I got damage and I think he did too so I apologise for that

Other than that it was all clean fit me, just gutted I couldnt continue the great 5 way battle we were having in

Won't be around for round 2 but will be back after that

I just missed braking point and ran a bit deep and into shrugging atlas, i don't remember it being big contact but I got damage and I think he did too so I apologise for that
Yeah unfortunately I got rear corner damage and the car got quite twitchy.

MOD500.jpg

MOD300.jpg

:)

Someone has got an itch. :) t500 rs's at Fry's 499!!! You will never regret it!

I has indeed. I have some connection at my local fry's, i can probably get 20-25% employee discount :D hopefully i can join soon enough.

I knew I wasnt slower than everyone else!!! All this time I was racing with Stage 2 Engine instead of Stage 3! Thanks Masi. I only checked it once I saw the list again. I'm now running 1:38:47 at Fuji instead of 1:40.--

Looks like most of you had good races. Feel sorry for Owen though.

I need the results for the D2 race, as well as fastest laps.
And the fastest lap in the D1 race

And if you got anything to report, PM a steward about it asap! đź‘Ť

Howcome only 5 cars finiched the D1 race in the GT500 field. I do understand that Owens got DC'd (?), but who else did not show / finish / quit?

BIG NOTE!!
Running in a race with an illegal car will automaticly give you a DQ. No points are kept at all.

I'M PISSED AT HOW SOME BEHAVE!! READ THE ******G OP IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL RULES, REGULATIONS, GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES!!

Last edited:
Howcome only 5 cars finiched the D1 race in the GT500 field. I do understand that Owens got DC'd (?), but who else did not show / finish / quit?
Joshua quit after getting hit from behind by another GT500 car.

I won in D2 6 seconds infront of SupraPhantom, Then GTP_Pinoy 3rd 2:41:6 behind

You sure your car was completely stock? I'm not...
You sure you stayed on track with at least 2 wheels ALL the time? I'm not...

We are at the moment looking at replays. Official results should be up during Sunday. đź‘Ť

I can admit, i did run wide most of the time. Its different getting used to hard tyres as we use softs in my mates champ. đź‘Ž

...I think I may have found out why I was lagging so badly. It's fixed now so fingers crossed next Friday goes better.

Okay so I've had a rest since the race, now for my view on things.

Start of the race was quite tight, I stayed cautious going into the first corners, 6 cars racing close together could easily end badly. Josh passed me and I hung back a bit in 5th while the front pack battled it out. When I got into my rhythm around Lap 3/4 I started to catch back up until I saw my chance on the first corner when most of the front pack went wide and I was able to pass 3 cars on the inside. I think this was also when Remy collided with Josh. From there on it was a really tight battle between me, C-Falcon and JPzer, and there were many overtakes, no-one was able to pull away. Coming up to the GT300's was an especially tough affair, I could feel my tires going from under the car, and holding off JPzer and C-Falcon whilst passing the GT300's was definitely a challenge! The GT300's were very generous with letting us through, even when they lost a lot of time, which I am very thankful for.

Coming up to my first stop on Lap 13, I managed to pull a few second lead over the rest of GT500. When I came out, I think C-Falcon was in front of me and JPzer just behind me, meaning I had to battle for 2nd place again.. :crazy: All the while Remy was gaining time from this and his strategy was working out very well. After a few laps on the second stint, I and C-Falcon managed to put some time between us and JPzer. My strategy was to keep him in my sights and not let him pull away, as on paper he could lap quicker. After a few more laps however, around Lap 23/24, my tires went again and he was able to get out of my draft and I was beat. I was still just about 3 seconds off him when we came out of the pits, however I couldn't catch up so I just focused on getting to the finish line.

Overall a very tough race but also a great one. C-Falcon and JPzer were great to race with and very difficult to pull away from đź‘Ť There were a few bumps but only cause the racing was so close, nothing malicious. I was quite happy finishing 3rd, especially as for once in an enduro race I was consistent, and didn't make any notable mistakes. Well done to Remy and Tony for winning their classes, and to everyone else in D1 who drove superbly. And unlucky to Owens, hopefully Tsukuba will hold more luck in store đź‘Ť

Owens got back into the room and made it to the race but disconnected when the GT300 were on there warm up lap. Joshua I'm not sure about.

C-Falcon is correct on time. However I had tue dread count down screen freeze. So no gauges nothing but 17sec, chat window and tue list of drivers. Was able to drive. But useless. With out instruments.

I had tried to type. But no go. So was forced to quit.

What I need to know is:

Fastest laps.
The ones who got DC'd, at which lap did it happend? Joshua1994 and OwensRacing.

I need the same info from D2 as well.

I'm just about to head home from work so I'll watch the replay in full and get back to you with all the info you need within the next two hours or so.

Just watched the first half of the replay and I can tell you that joshua1994 dc'd on Lap 16/40.

Got a room up if anyone wants some early practice on Tsukuba.

Room Number: 1472-6399-8494-1425-8261

Just watched the first half of the replay and I can tell you that joshua1994 dc'd on Lap 16/40.

Confirmed đź‘Ť

Still watching the rest of the replay to find out Fastest Laps though. Coming up to halfway through.

Div 1 GT500 Fastest Lap: C-Falcon89 - 1:36.910

Div 1 GT300 Fastest Lap: tony1311 - 1:41.594

OwensRacing: DNS
Joshua1994: Dc'd @ Lap 16

Last edited:
Just sat down to go thru everything and create tables, Come to decitions regarding reported incidents etc. Only to find out that my internet is down (typing from my phone atm). Since I can't participate at Tsukuba either way, it's not the end of the world. But I can't create tables, update the OP and so on.

I hope you guys can run the entire round 2 week without me hosting any sessions and without updated tables.

I'll do my best to get myself in front of a computer with an internet connection as soon as possible.
Remember that ballast obtained will not be used during any quali sessions. Only for the race.

Shouldn't be a problem. I've set up a hosts workbook using google docs so we should be just about OK (Wardez may already have it covered though) but we'll miss your input and leadership nevertheless.

HortusIX: đź‘Ť

Can someone please post the D2 results!
I need total times, fastest laps and at what lap someone got DC'd/quit. Thanks!

HortusIX: đź‘Ť

Can someone please post the D2 results!
I need total times, fastest laps and at what lap someone got DC'd/quit. Thanks!

BEST LAP and TOTAL LAPS
GT 300
Akmuq Ret. 5
MH4wheel 1:45.461 40
GTP_Pinoy 1:45.469 40
Raagentreg 1:45.763 39

GT 500
Supraphantom 1:37.897 41
Redline 1:40.903 40
Anohman 1:37.787 40
Lynchy098 1:36.891 41

btw, I noticed Lynchy ran wide on the last turn, most of the time.
Probably not used to hard tyres.:)
Sorry for the poor spacing, don't know how to tabulate

No one got DC'd. Akmuq intentionally quit on lap 5 (for more important matters i think)

In what order did the cars finish in D2? I red somewhere that Pinoy2 won the GT300 class, and that Lynchy098 won the GT500 class. But that is not what the above results say.

So once again:
I need the results from the D2 race.

Something like this:
1. Gjjkll. best lap: 1:43.678. total time: 1'22:34.425
2. Klotter. best lap: 1:43.452. total time: 1:22:38.290
And so on. Thanks

Back