GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

• Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
Nice win King in our TCCS race last night. Wire to Wire victory at Laguna:

D8859485_66955821_45589

Thank you sir. Had a great race with no mistakes. Back to Back wins unforunately a little bit to late for chance at championship. Great battle for second in pts 3 way tie.

So the mock race is in about 8hrs 30min?

we still got 2 races left in the current season we've been running, one is tonight and the last race will be postponed next week due to some of us going to GTA finals. so some of the other guys will be around to do a mock race.

Yeah phil. Next week we have an off week in our current season cause we have 2 current drivers heading to Cali for the GTA National Finals so that is when we will do some races. I know when we do the mock races we will be missing 4 to possibly 5 drivers cause they will be at nationals.

Anyone want to practice with me? Ill open a room

Ah thanks guys. I didn't read properly, was walking home when I saw it and panicked abit lol. Car is still near factory tune but I'd be interested in going up.

Alright I have a room opened now.

Room Number 1472-6118-3916-1740-3651

Last edited:
Would like to get a decent head count going for those that would be attending this weekends test race. Maybe we can even simulate qualifying?

Would like to get a decent head count going for those that would be attending this weekends test race. Maybe we can even simulate qualifying?

Goodluck to all of you this weekend, remember have fun. I'll try and run a quali lap by wednesday for you guys. GTA finals this week!!

DragonGT83
Goodluck to all of you this weekend, remember have fun. I'll try and run a quali lap by wednesday for you guys. GTA finals this week!!

Glad to hear. I know we will be missing 4-5 drivers due to GTA Finals but hopefully you all run a Q lap just for testing and analysis purposes

I will try and get a qualifying in as well by wensday, i have had a busy weekend and looks to be just as busy of a week getting ready to leave on thursday. Good luck with yall in the mock races.

All right here is the official announcement on the preseason race. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET (Our normal race time for this series). It will be at Indy Road, the site of the first circuit on the schedule.

We are going to try to treat this event as if it was the official race. Given this we are going to qualifying the way we will do it all season (see the OP for details on that). This will give everyone a 'practice week' to get ready for how the GTRRL does things. Qualifying for the mock race will be open starting right now going all the way to 12 hours before the race starts.

The chart below will be the an example of how we will record the results. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_66955821_49291

It is possible we may offer the winner of these races a lock in spot into Room A for the first race of the season. Stay tuned on that info. Any questions just let us know.

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)

As we get closer to the beginning of the season we will probably add a few more. Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards

Also to those who are on the fence about which class to run, you are allowed to run a qualifying attempt for both classes then choose one to race in for this mock race. You can use this mock race week as an opportunity to choose which class you want to run.

Last edited:
I will try to race this weekend. Not sure if I can because some family are coming over. I will qualify though in case I can make it.

How many Laps we have for qulifing??

Two timed laps. Once you say your ready to qualify you enter the course from the lobby, pull off pit road, take your warm up lap then have two timed laps. Best lap in that two time lap session is the time of record

I will try to race this weekend. Not sure if I can because some family are coming over. I will qualify though in case I can make it.

Correct. Even if some of you can't race this weekend, definitely still try to get a q run in so we know who is still definitely interested in the series. I know for sure 4-5 will not be here cause they will be in San Diego

Qualifying ends 12 hours before the race starts bud. Have to get it done between now and the day before basically

I'll be there for the preseason race next weekend.

Shagg, I tried to send you a FR and it kept saying user not registered, or something like that; I tried entering it different ways but never did get it to work. Let me know exactly how it has to be or just send me FR. 👍

boshuter
I'll be there for the preseason race next weekend.

Shagg, I tried to send you a FR and it kept saying user not registered, or something like that; I tried entering it different ways but never did get it to work. Let me know exactly how it has to be or just send me FR. 👍

There are dashes in there: Xx-Shagg-xX. If that doesn't work then ill send you one.

Just did a little bit of running at Indy GP (GT300 class). Ran mostly 1.33s. Given my not so fondness of Indy Road Id imagine the pole time may be a low 1.33 or even a high 1.32? Ive seen most people running between a 1.33-1.36 so if your in that time range your competing atleast with someone.

About to do 500s.

EDIT:

Ran some 500s also. Running consistent 1.28.7-.9 but i could see a low 1.28 out there (or more ;)) for sure. Havent really seen anyone else run tho so I don't know the time integrals for the field. We will know all of this as the week goes on with qualifying

Last edited:
I will get on soon and run a few laps see what i run and probably just qualify for you guys to have a time to shoot for.

I will get on soon and run a few laps see what i run and probably just qualify for you guys to have a time to shoot for.

Alrighty. Chris Postin (Inferno) has been added to the Steward list so he can help with the international drivers with qualifying.

Also I may not be on but if you still want to run and Dragon isn't on then just message Inferno cause I know hes on buying TC cars at the moment

Quick question: once we've done our two qualifying laps, are we allowed to redo them on another day if we see that its too slow compared to others?

Also can we have a european steward due to time difference issues?

Quick question: once we've done our two qualifying laps, are we allowed to redo them on another day if we see that its too slow compared to others?

Also can we have a european steward due to time difference issues?

Once your qualifying attempt is done that is your official time. As of now only one attempt of two qualifying laps will be allowed

And yes we just made Mr. Postin (PSN= InfernoTheFox) a steward. He's in the UK so he can help us with qualifying people who are near that time zone as us here in the US may be asleep or unavailable during your peak hours

XxShaggxX
Once your qualifying attempt is done that is your official time. As of now only one attempt of two qualifying laps will be allowed

And yes we just made Mr. Postin (PSN= InfernoTheFox) a steward. He's in the UK so he can help us with qualifying people who are near that time zone as us here in the US may be asleep or unavailable during your peak hours

Lol yeah I looked at the post above mine and it seems you answered my question before i even posted. :dunce: :P

Back