GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

• Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
XxShaggxX
Nice job. Im doing some laps now and will post a video of a decent lap around the track

Heres a video of a 1.28.7. I also ran a qualifying lap before this video was posted which is in the qualifying table. Sorry about the poop quality on the video. Hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJDPE-GJ2w

Thats a great lap. The front of your car just sticks and goes where you want it to....

DragonGT83
You got ABS on 1 or no? also with these cars(depending on your tune) doesn't hurt to throw TCS at 1. I know alot of GT class cars nowadays have TCS ready to turn on and off with a switch, some racers like it some don't. I know in that video shagg had TCS ABS at 1.

ABS is off, so gotta be careful with that pedal sometimes.
As for TCS I reckon I have enough confidence in the car to leave it off but I can understand its merits because as you said, many GT cars use em.

As for TCS I reckon I have enough confidence in the car to leave it off but I can understand its merits because as you said, many GT cars use em.

I would definetly cut abs on 1, with it off i can almost guarantee you will struggle to compete. IMO at least.

Yeah my recommendation is to definitely put both settings on one. Anything more then one will slow you down. People are a bit mislead about these two settings and led to think that having ALL aids off is the best way to go. I would recommend to anybody to stick them both on 1 for a better experience.

Hey,do you have anymore room left? I am highly interested. Let me know please. My Username Is X_M_A_N_1.

Plenty of room. Just pick a class/car. Any car is available thats on the regs list in the OP

It's just the last corner (not the banked one) that I ant seem to do right now :(. Have a terrible exit which means I have a low speed down the straight which leads to losing time in the first sector. So frustrating.

Use more of the patch of concrete there near the grass. Tap the brake early and turn into it a lot earlier. The later you turn in there the harsher the apex is.

2 things.

1: I'm practicing in a Subaru Cusco 08' and i'm feeling comfortable in it, so I would like to race that.
2: For racers outside the US, I am a steward, so add me (psn: Infernothefox) if you want to qualify early. US stewards may be offline during the period you want to qualify in, so let me know that you want to qualify and I'll notify you. I will also pass on your times to other stewards.

Thanks for the help inferno. Getting closer to the Qualifying deadline guys. When ever your ready to qualify it's best to post it on here cause I'm pretty sure that all of the stewards have this thread subscribed. I know for sure I get email update instantly to my phone so I know when you all post.

If its sometime after 10pm ET then I prolly wont be available. This week will be a bit tough to get everyone in to qualify cause 2 of our stewards will be unavailable as they participate in the National GTA Finals.

Also current results:

All right here is the official announcement on the preseason race. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET (Our normal race time for this series). It will be at Indy Road, the site of the first circuit on the schedule.

We are going to try to treat this event as if it was the official race. Given this we are going to qualifying the way we will do it all season (see the OP for details on that). This will give everyone a 'practice week' to get ready for how the GTRRL does things. Qualifying for the mock race will be open starting right now going all the way to 12 hours before the race starts.

The chart below will be the an example of how we will record the results. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_66955821_49291

It is possible we may offer the winner of these races a lock in spot into Room A for the first race of the season. Stay tuned on that info. Any questions just let us know.

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)

As we get closer to the beginning of the season we will probably add a few more. Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards

Also to those who are on the fence about which class to run, you are allowed to run a qualifying attempt for both classes then choose one to race in for this mock race. You can use this mock race week as an opportunity to choose which class you want to run.

I just leave anti-lock it off because it's more fun! But weirdly my pace with it on or off dosen't seem to change.
In any case I expect to struggle holding position in this first season.

I just leave anti-lock it off because it's more fun! But weirdly my pace with it on or off dosen't seem to change.
In any case I expect to struggle holding position in this first season.

after this weekend when I get back from GTA finals I can help ya with a decent base tune. unless shagg wants to be nice and do it before I get back. I've come across a very decent base tune where all I really do is adjust ride heights and the tranny. sometimes I'll do minor changes to camber and brake balance and toe but don't really change much, you can ask these guys that I've raced with the past 3 seasons of 500s that it works for me pretty well haha.

Thanks for the help inferno. Getting closer to the Qualifying deadline guys. When ever your ready to qualify it's best to post it on here cause I'm pretty sure that all of the stewards have this thread subscribed. I know for sure I get email update instantly to my phone so I know when you all post.

If its sometime after 10pm ET then I prolly wont be available. This week will be a bit tough to get everyone in to qualify cause 2 of our stewards will be unavailable as they participate in the National GTA Finals.

Also current results:

I'll need to qualify later, so I'll need another steward on later. I've got my 08' Subaru Impreza and RX-7 broken in, so I should be able to run some decent laps.

This is my farewell to San Diego message till end of the weekend. Hope you all have a great mock race and everybody qualify and race to the best of your abilities, but upmost importantly remember to have fun. Goodluck to all of you.

after this weekend when I get back from GTA finals I can help ya with a decent base tune. unless shagg wants to be nice and do it before I get back. I've come across a very decent base tune where all I really do is adjust ride heights and the tranny. sometimes I'll do minor changes to camber and brake balance and toe but don't really change much, you can ask these guys that I've raced with the past 3 seasons of 500s that it works for me pretty well haha.

Yeah I could definitely help. We are all competitive but most of us here are pretty good of helping out drivers in need. We are competitors when the races start but we all have the same goal of having fun.

I'll need to qualify later, so I'll need another steward on later. I've got my 08' Subaru Impreza and RX-7 broken in, so I should be able to run some decent laps.

Ill be on later. Im leaving now to do my physician shadowing so ill be home give or take around 5pm ET

This is my farewell to San Diego message till end of the weekend. Hope you all have a great mock race and everybody qualify and race to the best of your abilities, but upmost importantly remember to have fun. Goodluck to all of you.

GOODLUCK TO YOU SIR! The GTRRL is honored to have you guys do what you are doing. Best of luck friend :)

See you there bro!!! I guess this is my farewell too and what he said ^

Are any of the lads in the Pure series in GTA finals?

Wardez will be there:tup:

also guys who will be joining us for the series from the Alt-F4 group will be veloc and jett racer made the top 32, and vonstig I believe will be there competing in the racer x for that 1 last wild card spot. He barely missed the cut.

I'll do my qualifying run tonight, give the other slow (are there any?) GT300 drivers a last place time to shoot for :dopey:

How do I find the room that'll be used for the session?

Gl to both the guys going to San Diego :bowdown:

Andy

Can't qualify, got tons of work and will be doing a 10k tomorrow (Havent done that in ages!)
Thanks for the setups and pointers on how to use them Zach!

DragonGT83
Wardez will be there:tup:

also guys who will be joining us for the series from the Alt-F4 group will be veloc and jett racer made the top 32, and vonstig I believe will be there competing in the racer x for that 1 last wild card spot. He barely missed the cut.

So I guess this series has the 3D3 interleague battle sewn up :P....

Congratulations and best of luck to the guys that made it to the finals 👍

I'm going to have to try to get qualifying in sometime tomorrow, I hate waiting until the last minute, but it's been pretty hectic around here this week. I'm slowly getting up to speed, but Indy is not a good track for me, I seldom have a good race on this track. :nervous: I've never liked the track, and consequently, just don't practice much on it.

If any of the GT300 drivers want to add me on psn, feel free. It's easier to practice without the 500 cars on track so you can tell how you are doing with the split times. I usually practice late evening/nights. (GT500 drivers feel free to send me an FR as well, I'll practice with anyone) PSN: boshuter

Okay so I qualified with a 1.30.003. So for any of those drivers who have nothing compared to Shag and King there's a time lol. Only 1second off the pace isn't bad I don't think. To say I haven't raced in a year, haven't done a competitive race on Indy road course since f1 2006 and I'm still getting used to the car :P.

If anyone wants to test or let me view their laps so far to give tips (don't trust me fully, I'm a second off the pace...) add me on PSN:ZachAK47

kk20
So I guess this series has the 3D3 interleague battle sewn up :P....

They have fabulous drivers over there and would be an honor to even be mentioned in the same breath as them

phil bell
Can't qualify, got tons of work and will be doing a 10k tomorrow (Havent done that in ages!)
Thanks for the setups and pointers on how to use them Zach!

Sorry to hear that. Hope to see you next weekend for the official race

Last edited:
Mike88aka
Messed up dont mind me :/

Use the edit button for now on. Avoid getting introuble for multi-posting

Also the race is Saturday. (maybe that's why you said disregard)

ABud
Is anyone available so I an qualify tonight?

I'll be available around 7pm ET if not earlier. If you need it earlier hopefully inferno or panoz is available

Back