GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

• Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
Anyone about so I can do my quali run now? Only got about 1/2 hour before I have to go out again :(

Anyone about so I can do my quali run now? Only got about 1/2 hour before I have to go out again :(

ill get a room open now!

Open Now! :)

1472-6118-3787-3246-2425

Last edited:
Quali done, not good! Does anyone else find their cars feel different compared to practice on GT mode? All settings the same yet more than 1/2 a second slower and the back end felt reaaaaally loose. Ah well, see you all tomorrow anyways!

Quali done, not good! Does anyone else find their cars feel different compared to practice on GT mode? All settings the same yet more than 1/2 a second slower and the back end felt reaaaaally loose. Ah well, see you all tomorrow anyways!

Always practice in a lounge. practicing on GT mode its always different

ABud

Physics are different...

**** that the Academy have this terrible cars.
That are not cars that is terrible thing.
The Academy with Ferrari f1 cars would be are awesome.

Shagg sorry i didnt get to you sooner but i wont be able to race tomorrow night so i am not gonna worry about qualifing i also wont be able to do the first race of the season because i am going away for my bday. gorry i cant do those races.

Mr.Tim-Tim
Shagg sorry i didnt get to you sooner but i wont be able to race tomorrow night so i am not gonna worry about qualifing i also wont be able to do the first race of the season because i am going away for my bday. gorry i cant do those races.

No problem man. Look forward to having you back

IMMORTALPILOT
**** that the Academy have this terrible cars.
That are not cars that is terrible thing.
The Academy with Ferrari f1 cars would be are awesome.

Its actually better cause the game gets less realistic with faster cars in FFB. So better to use cars with less than 300hp.

I have a practice/qualifying room open at the moment

Room Closed

Last edited:
gtpanoz
I have a practice/qualifying room open at the moment
Room # 1472-6681-3415-7081-1027

I texted a bunch of people to let them know. I'll be on a bit later if no one shows so I can qualify you

This qualifying is for A mock race we are doing Saturday. Have to qualify by late tonight

Oooo, I see'

If this series gets big enough will you split GT300 from GT500, or half them both and put Div 1 for faster guys in Div 2 for the slower cats?

joetruckv8
Oooo, I see'

If this series gets big enough will you split GT300 from GT500, or half them both and put Div 1 for faster guys in Div 2 for the slower cats?

Split them into divisions.

Can I set my qualifying time every saturday at 8pm GMT+8? I just read about no points for no qualifying and want to make SURE I don't miss it.
By the way, how many people (including those from your site) do we have so far for the GT500's?

All right it looks like qualifying is pretty much official. Technically its still open for another 6.5 hours but i know all of the stewards have hit the hay haha.

Here is the lineup:

D8859485_66955821_49291

Note: Drivers in red mean they will not be there (Dragon and King are in San Diego for GTA finals and I am running the 300 series. I just did 500s so a time was seen)

Just a reminder on how things will work. We will have the room open probably 30 minutes before 7ET that way we can get things set up and make sure everything is operating. We will probably get the race started closer to 7:30 just depends when everyone gets into the room. (Also takes a bit to do all of the regs). Be sure to follow my instructions when we are doing regs so we can get through it as smooth as possible.

When we are doing the pace laps remember that it is staggered rolling start so you are to keep a car length inbetween you and the next driver. Here is an image describing how to this:

formation.jpg

Credit to PURE for the image​

500s will go first on the parade lap and will be allowed to get about a 20-30 second gap. Pace speed is 70 mph and is up to pole sitter to keep this speed. When the leader hits the start finish line that when everyone goes full speed. THERE IS NO PASSING before the start finish line.

That's pretty much it. We will use this mock race to get all of the kinks out so everyone knows how we do it. Better to learn now and be perfect for week one :)

Looks like we should have a total of 14 people. Given its a mock race ill leave the last two spots open to last minute people who weren't able to qualify. First come first serve. After this mock race we wont be so generous.

Can't wait to formally meet you all tomorrow 👍

Can I set my qualifying time every saturday at 8pm GMT+8? I just read about no points for no qualifying and want to make SURE I don't miss it.
By the way, how many people (including those from your site) do we have so far for the GT500's?

The total for 500s is 15. For tomorrows race it's at 7 as lots aren't here for numerous reasons.

Also if my calculations are correct, that is 7am ET time of race day. That is the cut off and technically could qualify. Problem is that having as many US stewards we have, that means most of us would be sleeping. It may be best to do it earlier in the week or a different time. Once we get another committed European steward, this may be possible

XxShaggxX
The total for 500s is 15. For tomorrows race it's at 7 as lots aren't here for numerous reasons.

Also if my calculations are correct, that is 7am ET time of race day. That is the cut off and technically could qualify.
I believe thats 6pm Friday for you guys? I'm in GMT+8 and you guys are -5 right?
Also, my quali was with abs on, did 3 laps with it off and got to a 29.3 :)

Edit: Just went on to compare 2 setup's, With Shagg's setup and a brake bias change Im at 28.7 on the first and only flyer! But that was with wear off.

Last edited:
I believe thats 6pm Friday for you guys? I'm in GMT+8 and you guys are -5 right?
Also, my quali was with abs on, did 3 laps with it off and got to a 29.3 :)

Edit: Just went on to compare 2 setup's, With Shagg's setup and a brake bias change Im at 28.7 on the first and only flyer! But that was with wear off.

I just double checked again and it is 7am on Saturday for us. You are 13 hours ahead of us (Eastern Standard Time) so 8pm Saturday for you is 7am Saturday for us.

EDIT: Tonight's race will be 27 laps. I've set the laps so we should be racing for about 40 minutes. This is shorter then the normal races (1 hour minimum normally) but still a good amount of time to get the feel for the series and the cars 👍 :)

Last edited:
10 hours, I'll be trying to keep the car straight and hopefully not spin lol.

I just double checked again and it is 7am on Saturday for us. You are 13 hours ahead of us (Eastern Standard Time) so 8pm Saturday for you is 7am Saturday for us.
Im getting confused, my zone is ahead right?

10 hours, I'll be trying to keep the car straight and hopefully not spin lol.

Im getting confused, my zone is ahead right?

Correct. You are GMT +8 so you are 8 hours ahead of GMT. We are currently GMT -5 so 5 hours behind GMT, which means we are 13 hours BEHIND you. So you are ahead :)

Get pumped boyzzzz! Im ready :) i shoulda had a much faster lap but i messed up but still got second so lets do it :)

Ran some practice laps online and got the feel for my car back, and lap times are back where they should be too. I'm actually looking forward to the race now :)

Back