GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

• Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
Well now it looks like Monza has taken the lead. Just ran some laps around there for you guys to have a ball park area (300s). My pb was a 1:54.108 but more a .4-.6 would be something i could do consistently. A 53 is prolly out there cause the RX7 I drive was about a tenth off the others when we were doing regs, but that's nothing!

I would say that drivers could reasonably be in the 155s or maybe a low 156. And if not no worries you have 3 weeks to get ready for monza 👍

Ill post a video this week showing a decent lap and also showing how to legally race the track

We race with the 2 wheel on track at all times rule right? Does rumble strip count as track?

Also Qualifying is now open for this week's mock race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET (Our normal race time for this series). It will be at _______, the site of the ____ circuit on the schedule.

We are going to try to treat this event as if it was the official race. Given this we are going to qualifying the way we will do it all season (see the OP for details on that). This will give everyone a 'practice week' to get ready for how the GTRRL does things. Qualifying for the mock race will be open starting right now going all the way to 12 hours before the race starts.

The chart below will be the an example of how we will record the results. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_66955821_673313

It is possible we may offer the winner of these races a lock in spot into Room A for the first race of the season. Stay tuned on that info. Any questions just let us know.

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)

As we get closer to the beginning of the season we will probably add a few more. Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards

Also to those who are on the fence about which class to run, you are allowed to run a qualifying attempt for both classes then choose one to race in for this mock race. You can use this mock race week as an opportunity to choose which class you want to run.

Hey shagg arent we runnin le mans this weekend too?

Friday night TCCS yes. The 500 series is so settled right now we are leaning towards just getting ready for this upcoming season instead. Up to Dragon and King really as they are the ones fighting it out for the championship. We are definitely doing TCCS on friday at Le Mans though

Well now it looks like Monza has taken the lead. Just ran some laps around there for you guys to have a ball park area (300s). My pb was a 1:54.108 but more a .4-.6 would be something i could do consistently. A 53 is prolly out there cause the RX7 I drive was about a tenth off the others when we were doing regs, but that's nothing!

I would say that drivers could reasonably be in the 155s or maybe a low 156. And if not no worries you have 3 weeks to get ready for monza 👍

Ill post a video this week showing a decent lap and also showing how to legally race the track

So we can start practicing for Monza? 👍

Was the Fuji track the GT layout, or Full layout? If GT I'll vote Fuji, but if not the GT version than Monza. Either way it seems like I'm going to find out what the topped out mph is going to be on the GT300 Class cars? Can you say ''long straight versus long straight''

joetruckv8
Was the Fuji track the GT layout, or Full layout? If GT I'll vote Fuji, but if not the GT version than Monza. Either way it seems like I'm going to find out what the topped out mph is going to be on the GT300 Class cars? Can you say ''long straight versus long straight''

In the 500s I'm actually reaching a lower top speed than Indy

Has anyone got a decent base tune for the Lexus they'd like to share with me? I'm currently running consistent low 1'57s, so lots of time to find!

To any GT500, for qualifying I'm currently lapping in the 1.48.35x's. No idea how that compares

ABud
Has anyone got a decent base tune for the Lexus they'd like to share with me? I'm currently running consistent low 1'57s, so lots of time to find!

I'll post my RX7 tune. It 'should' work for your Lexus

To any GT500, for qualifying I'm currently lapping in the 1.48.35x's. No idea how that compares

I've looked at the regulation testing numbers from Monza and the best time that Ron ran while doing the regs was a 1:46.4. So expect the pole time to be around this area.

I can also post my 500 tune for the GT-R guys. I know I gave it to phil last week and he seemed to improve a lot with it

I ran 1:46's at Monza in a 522hp 1300kg ZR1 on hards, so that seems right for the smokin fast guys'

Exit of Ascari (the corner you messed up on) is it okay to do the F1 line and run wide on exit over the white line?

ZachAK47
Exit of Ascari (the corner you messed up on) is it okay to do the F1 line and run wide on exit over the white line?

Yeah good question...I dont understand how FIA allow F1 to run wide there since its past white lines....

kk20
Yeah good question...I dont understand how FIA allow F1 to run wide there since its past white lines....

Cos FiA say they've always done it and because it actually lengthens the track they have no issue.

Just ran 1 hot lap with exactly same setup i had from indy road including tranny and my one lap i ran was a 1:46.6xx. So i personally think by the time this race comes up during the real season race i would expect pole time to be in the 45's.

2 tires must remain between the white lines or aligned with the rumbles if there is rumbles, so yes you may run wide over the white lines but only with 2 tires, the other 2 must remain on track.

So just to check, all 4 wheels can be on the rumbles beyond the white lines as in GT300 lap, entry to 1st chicane?

So just to check, all 4 wheels can be on the rumbles beyond the white lines as in GT300 lap, entry to 1st chicane?

yes as long as you still got 2 tires on the rumbles. When you have no rumbles and only white lines, then 2 tires must remain inside the white lines.

Back