Guys, this thread is about beverages again. Hep A updates as they arrive!

• Thread starter Omnis
  • 420 comments
SS69
is it true that there's no dr.pepper up north?

I've always wondered if Dr. Pepper in jungle countries was Shaman Pepper.

It's weird. I was addicted to Dr. Pepper when I was 17 to 18. Now, it's OK, but I haven't had one in years. I don't really drink caffeinated beverages anymore.

Does anybody here know why the Dr. Pepper bottles had the numbers "2", "4" and "10" on the bottle?

(I sometimes play Five Card Dr. Pepper poker. The 2, 4 and 10 cards are wild.)

Their 1920's-30's ad slogans were, "Drink a Bite to Eat at 10, 2, and 4 o'clock."

I knew it meant 10 2 and 4 o'clock, but I did look up the actual slogan.

Omnis
I knew it meant 10 2 and 4 o'clock, but I did look up the actual slogan.
Ah, OK. Your answer was a perfect copy of what Wiki had.

I saw one of these ads. It's pretty funny. An elderly man with glasses in a doctor's smock comes out to explain, scientifically, that we humans need a "boost" at 10, 2 and 4 o'clock. If we didn't drink a Dr. Pepper at these times, individual productivity will be low and it was implied that you could be fired. This tactic worked since it was the time of the Great Depression and jobs were scarce.

I love Dr Pepper, it's my favourite drink. I only discovered it about five years ago, i don't know if it's because it only came to the UK then or if i just didn't notice it.

I hope my question is within the constraints of the topic and that it has enough substance to spark at least one rational thought, so.

Does anyone here have a preference as to what fashion or container their beverage is dispensed from?

Dr. Pepper brings this to my mind, because I love the Doctor, but when he is from a fountain it’s retched. Dr. Pepper is best from a can or glass bottle, not plastic, or fountain. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that Dr. Pepper sucks, period. Never had a dublin, though.

Coke is best from a fresh bottle, or the fountain.

I like both regular & diet Dr. Pepper. What the heck's a Dublin Dr. Pepper though? :confused:

Dublin Dr. Pepper is named after the town of Dublin, Texas, where the only bottling plant in the US that still uses can sugar in soda is located. Dublin DP can only be purchased within about 40 miles of Dublin, or over the Internet, and is not available anywhere else. Due to the use of sugar, the taste is different to a regular DP. It is a little bit sweeter an crisper, and just tastes damn good, IMHO.
BWImage.aspx

Man, I think I have crab allergies. I've had red king crab legs at my uncle's house on 3 seperate occasions, and after all of them I've felt extremely nauseous. However, last night was the last straw. So, we eat and then watch a movie. And, by the end of it, I'm like, "woah, guys, I need to go home. I don't feel good." So, about 10 minutes later, everybody stops ignoring/disregarding me, and we finally get on the way home. However, I walk outside, and then I started getting a little gaggy. I mean, It was just like a burp at first, and then the amplitude rose with each heave. Soon enough, I was projectile vomiting on the grass next to my uncle's driveway. There were people walking their dogs and driving by who must've thought I was loaded or something. Hahaha. Anyway, I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I hope my gall bladder and liver aren't screwed. Just thinking about those giant crab legs makes me want to chuck. I officially hate Red Crab.

Anyway, I think that was the most intense vomiting I've ever done. I probably could've put out a fire or something. It was like my mouth was a storm drain and stuff.

Moving on, I left a can of coke in the freezer... I put one in to get cold quick, but I forgot about it. So, this morning I look in the freezer, and, ta-da! The coke can was fully distended, and as soon as I touched it, the heat from my hands made it start spraying around and stuff. It looked like molasses where it had leaked on all the other frozen goods. The funny part too was that the foam coming out was the same kind of super-froth guiness foam at the beginning of the thread. It was much thicker, though. It reminded me of shaving cream. I took a picture of the can, if anybody's ever wondered what it looks like when you freeze one. I'll post it up later, though, because I still feel like lazy crap.

I've seen a frozen beer can--thank my mom--but all that happened to it was the top and bottom were jutting out because ice takes more space than water. The expansion was nothing dangerous and the can still functioned as usual when thawed.

I have no idea if I'm allergic to any fods because I don't try enough new stuff to ever find out. My buddy told me a story about puking after some chinese rice and such and it came up looking just like it went down. That's just disgusting. I know I'll never eat chinese.

Only time I've had an allergic to reaction was when I downed a tube of smarties in like 2 minutes. All those E-numbers :yuck:

My dad put a bottle of Carlsberg in the freezer for a quick chill and forgot about it. If it was on the top shelf it probably would have blown a hole in the freezer when the cap popped off. :ouch:

I should go outside and see if the can exploded or something. I mean, I just left it there in the grass. It was hilarious, though, because when I was carrying it, my hands were getting MAJOR frostbite. When I went outside, the whole entire can turned arctic white in about 4 seconds. It was pretty cool. I guess that's what you get when you have a pressurized, frozen can in 100 degree humid-as-hell weather.

Sobe is nasty, yo. That was the most expensive spitting I've ever taken.

Back