Guys, this thread is about beverages again. Hep A updates as they arrive!

• Thread starter Omnis
  • 420 comments
ND4SPD
I really like starbucks drinks but they're so damn pricey....They need to rename their products. Maybe Mortgage Capucinno or Loan Expresso.... Wish I had an extra 20 bucks lying around so I could buy an Iced capucinno and a cookie there.
Yeah, $4.20 for a Venti Frap. Augh. I'd rather go to Subway and buy a foot long Chicken Breast sandwich for about $3 more.👍

We have like 7 cartons of differently flavoured fruitopia...I just mixed them all in one cup aswell as a little bit of sprite and it was awesome! The carbonation of the sprite added a whole new dimension!

Hot Spritopia? That would suck. But the cold stuff sounds delicious. Talk about fruit punch, dang!

ND4SPD
I really like starbucks drinks but they're so damn pricey....They need to rename their products. Maybe Mortgage Capucinno or Loan Expresso.... Wish I had an extra 20 bucks lying around so I could buy an Iced capucinno and a cookie there.

That's why we Canadians have Tim Hortons :sly:

News: Blood work came in.

All Hep tests came back negative, thank god, minus HCV :scared: . It's still negative, but there were slight traces.

Anyway, that being said, my VLDL cholesterol and triglycerides are high. I am high-risk for cardiovascular disease with my triglycerides the way they are. :indiff: .

My AST is high and my ALT is ridiculously high. So, I had to have had some kind of hepatitis. I wish I would've had the blood test back when I was still defecating liquid yellow. I just hope my liver isn't like perma-damaged or anything. That would suck. Even sitting here, I do feel a slight tinglyness where my liver is. Meh.

Anyway, that's that. Blood tests are pretty cool, man. By the way, my piss is abnormally dense (no wonder it took so long to brew up). Awesome.

You like thick urine, eh? Does it feel funny coming out?

I hope there hasn't been any damage done inside you. That would be an unwelcome occurence. Our bodies have weird ways of healing, but they also have weird ways of screwing up worse than they were before. Just take some Tylenol, you'll be fine.

You don't so much have to worry about dieting to get your heart sorted, it's the exercise it really needs, light exercise.

Mind saying what HCV, SAT and ALT are? :confused:

And that was about as pointless a post as this one. At least I'm telling you something you don't know, though.

PRE-EDIT: I forgot to add that this isn't a pointless, or near-pointless, post anymore.

EDIT: Exige, HCV stands for Hepatitis C Virus.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Alanine transaminase or ALT is an enzyme (EC 2.6.1.2) that catalyzes the reversible transfer of an amino group from alanine to a-ketoglutarate. It is found in serum and in various bodily tissues but is most commonly associated with the liver. It is also called serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) or alanine aminotransferase (ALAT).
There's your ALT.

The other one is AST, not SAT, and it is...hang on a sec...
Aspartate Transaminase (AST) also called Serum Glutamic Oxaloacetic Transaminase (SGOT) or aspartate aminotransferase (ASAT) (EC 2.6.1.1) is similar to alanine transaminase (ALT) in that it is another enzyme associated with liver parenchymal cells. It is raised in acute liver damage. It is also present in red blood cells and cardiac muscle.

Sounds to me like ALT and AST rise when tissue is damaged. Ratios of the two can be used to determine the kind of tissue and the extent of damage, if that isn't already obvious. They rise quickly and the amount is directly proportional to the severity of the damage. Although they occur in the blood from al sorts of tissue damage tehy are most commonly associated with liver damage. In other words, Omnis's liver got it's ass kicked, and maybe took a swing to the balls. The levels will go down as the tissue heals, if he is completely over the disease.

ND4SPD
Oddly enough I really like this flavour. It tastes like something I've had before but can't really pinpoint what. No it was not another drink btw.

It tastes Cherry Coke with a vanilla aftertaste, It's all I can say.

I first thought it'll be undrinkable, but it's something I will drink one time to another. Tastes really great :)

GT4_Rule
Keef knows it all because he's really "into it" :D

My Hep A brings all the keefs to the yard.
they're like, your liver ain't scarred?
Damn right, my liver ain't scarred.
...Might've had Hep A, but I pwned it hard.

*Shakes his booty and tries to squeeze his nipples together to shove in Keef's face*

Don't be scared by the hair Keef, its just my love seasoning...ROAR!

Thank you? And Omnis, delete some PMs man. I have something I want to confess, and I want it to be private.

No problem. I was just as intersted as you. Just for the record, I wasn't asking for thanks from you, I was just thanking Omnis, SRV, and everyone else for their, ehhh, praise. I think.

keef
No problem. I was just as intersted as you. Just for the record, I wasn't asking for thanks from you, I was just thanking Omnis, SRV, and everyone else for their, ehhh, praise. I think.
No worries, I read it as a more of a WTF Thank you anyway.

+rep for being less lazy than I am ;)

Geeee, can't this topic just be left to die in peace? lol

And ExigeExcel, I'd edit your sig if I were you, it's over the 6 line limit.

How long can my signature be?
Your signature may be no longer than 6 lines, including blank lines. Oversized text or smilies that require larger line height count as two lines.

Back