Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
I think people have forgotten that there are more events coming.
Right, but they should be in the game already. The link you posted even shows that they're finished. Why can't Kaz even give a bit of info regarding future content, when we've already seen it? It's not like it's a secret they've just withheld content instead of adding it on release.

Cars and tracks are surely finished by now. There's not much added over GT Sport, what else were they doing in that time?

Race events take barely any time to set up, and we know there's more finished, they should be in.

Or people should stop trying to have the most expensive cars when the game has just come out, but we're getting off topic.
It's the scummy tactic that has most people off side. No one expects the high end cars to come easily, or expects them straight away. I personally couldn't care less about the McLaren F1 or most of the other hyper cars. I am pissed about the cost of the 917 and I imagine the other similar cars of that era will be crazy prices as well. They will not be attainable for years using normal game play. All because of mtx. The setup in Sport was fine, fairly priced mtx if you wanted it and there were options to grind that were much more rewarding.

No. This practice of nerfing in-game rewards to railroad players into buying microtransactions is nothing but predatory, especially for a full-price game. Hell, at this point I wouldn't even recommend this game for kids. What's stopping PD from nerfing the in-game rewards even further? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This anti-consumer, corporate greed has killed off numerous games in the past, and it will continue to do so unless you protect yourself as a consumer. You give these scumbags an inch, they will take a mile.

Last edited:
Right, but they should be in the game already. The link you posted even shows that they're finished. Why can't Kaz even give a bit of info regarding future content, when we've already seen it? It's not like it's a secret they've just withheld content instead of adding it on release.

Cars and tracks are surely finished by now. There's not much added over GT Sport, what else were they doing in that time?

Race events take barely any time to set up, and we know there's more finished, they should be in.
So it's a problem with content, not microtransactions?
Do people actually think that the devs are just sat there doing nothing raking in the money from everyone buying a $200 mclaren F1?

Yes, I also don't understand why we don't have the content and many other things that are wrong with the game, but I highly doubt they're sitting around laughing at the players.

`No, and I wont be in the future.

Had they have chosen the path of some paid dlc every 12 months at a fair price I probably would have. I happily got the car passes for Forza 7 & Horizon 5. As it stands Sony wont get another cent out of me. I'm in the market for a new 75" tv and was considering a Sony, now LG will be getting my money when the C2 arrives. New Amp will now be Yamaha and PSVR2 can take a flying leap. They have undone in my case around 30 years of brand loyalty with their stupidity. It will take a missive turn around to get that loyalty back. I imagine I'm not alone either.
Same here. I’ve always been a Sony fan and have owned (and still do) every Playstation platform - PS1, PS2, PS3 Slim, PS3 Super Slim, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, PSP, PS Vita, PS Vita Slim, even PS Vita TV. I bought a Series X because I wanted maximum entertainment during the numerous lockdowns during this pandemic and I have seen the light. Microsoft just does things better. Game updates are faster, no stupid “copying” step. I can download games on one console and copy them to another Xbox via external drive or network transfer. Heck, I can use multiple hard drives on them all at the same time. On the PS4 I have to download a game twice if I want them on both my launch PS4 and Pro. Xbox also has Dolby Vision for gaming, auto low latency mode and VRR which are nowhere to be found on the PS5. Lastly Game Pass which is an absolutely good value for money. Yeah. Sony ain’t getting much from me this generation. I’ll buy the multiplatform games on Xbox and buy the PS5 exclusives used or when they’re discounted.

I already regret paying $90 for the 25th Anniversary edition of GT7 so no, I will not buy credits with real money. Even if GT7 was f2p, I still won’t. Not at the current pricing.

Kaz, I once admired you and your work, but I remember the time I realized that you were a liar. You said you dropped 120fps support for GT7 because there are almost no 120hz TV’s. What a pathetic excuse. My LG CX and two 144hz monitors are flipping their middle fingers on you.

Do people actually think that the devs are just sat there doing nothing raking in the money from everyone buying a $200 mclaren F1?

Yes, I also don't understand why we don't have the content and many other things that are wrong with the game, but I highly doubt they're sitting around laughing at the players.
It's quite clear that they want to milk (certain) players for more money, because £60 isn't enough, what other reason would there be for increase the time it takes to buy a certain car by, up to, 60 times in some cases?

I've purchased dlc in the past for other games, I feel that there just about enough content in gt7 that if they switched to paid dlc I would consider it but never paid for in game currency in any game and never will, if I don't get those jags, mclaren f1's etc then so be it. I fear there are quite a few people in this day and age that would buy them though, just not the majority of people on gtplanet. God I sound old.

Both.
Not nothing, but unless the content is already done and ready to be put in the game, then yeah they essentially did nothing during development. Of course, that's not the case, and the content already exists, and they're likely working on more. But the stuff they'll be adding for a while at least is finished and there's no reason for it to not be included already.

"Have you purchased microtransactions?" seems like a slightly incorrect question
They are so awfully forced in this terrible game, you either already purchased it or you can't play the game
Are you saying you can't play the game without paying for credits? Because that's absolutely false.

Honestly the negative view on this game is utterly baffling. You don't have to spend a penny more than the entry fee, you just don't get all the cars quickly. The steep cost of cars is a bit annoying but honestly people are being absolutely crazy about this.

Also, if you have a difference of opinion as I have you get crucified. This forum has gone from a place I enjoyed coming to, to a toxic cesspit.

Anybody who reads this forum is absolutly not going to admit to buying that shi***
I bought everything from season passes to ingame currency in plenty of other games, because i wanted to, the last thing on my mind would be what other gamers thought about it. And the sad fact is that it's such an integrated part of the gaming capitalism that it will never go away. If it wasn´t there it would be replace by something else.

With GT7 i simply don't have any need whatsoever.

Are you saying you can't play the game without paying for credits? Because that's absolutely false.

Honestly the negative view on this game is utterly baffling. You don't have to spend a penny more than the entry fee, you just don't get all the cars quickly. The steep cost of cars is a bit annoying but honestly people are being absolutely crazy about this.

Also, if you have a difference of opinion as I have you get crucified. This forum has gone from a place I enjoyed coming to, to a toxic cesspit.
Oh, I was being sarcastic. I do think game's economy is broken, but people are acting like they literally can't play the game anymore. Some posts feel like Kaz personally came to those players and burned their houses down.

Both.

Not nothing, but unless the content is already done and ready to be put in the game, then yeah they essentially did nothing during development. Of course, that's not the case, and the content already exists, and they're likely working on more. But the stuff they'll be adding for a while at least is finished and there's no reason for it to not be included already.
I'm glad you have inside access to the office. Tell us more.

No I haven't. But I might one day. At the moment, I'm enjoying playing and nothing feels like a grind. I like how most of the events have similar levels of reward based on difficulty and time. I just wish they'd bring up the level's for custom races to match the main events.
However, I might use MTX in the future at a push. Say if I have a friend who wants to race a certain car and I don't have it yet. I might drop a few quid to get the car now rather than saying I'll have to race tomorrow after I've saved up for it.

As far as the game is concerned, I already have, as the 1,100,000 Cr. from the Pre-order 25AE appear as bought credits not earned credits.

However, I've not actively purchased additional credits, nor do I anticipate doing so. My driving time in GTSport was over 800 hours and I fully expect to be playing GT7 for as long, or longer. I have a game I enjoy, and patience, I don't expect MTX credits to be necessary.

Nobody is being crazy. We're basically not able to play the game offline in a decent way and the micro transactions are not done in a fair way acceptable by the community.

Hey look, we’ve turned into Reddit. An echo chamber of people nagging and whining because they can’t automatically get what they want. So what do they do instead? Wine and complain about how unfair, a company that changed it business model, did “them wrong”.

If this is your entire life, you have bigger problems. MTX is a valid business model and to be quite honest look left and look right - PD has done the best job in the industry at implementing it.

Quit acting like you’re special and you deserve everything - you’re not. You’re like everyone else and if you want the F1 just put in the work or shut the hell up.

I'm glad you have inside access to the office. Tell us more.
Okay.
First of all,
New events, seen in that video, not in the released version of the game. Not many, but come on, it doesn't take long to make them. If they wanted to have more events in the game they could've started including them in weekly updates from the beginning.

Second, if this is all of the progress they actually managed to make since GT Sport released, that's very pathetic. And I know they haven't, because they're doing the typical Games as a Service garbage of withholding content to be added later. That's why the content will be added later, and not now. It takes a long time to get a track or car into a game. That's work they would've started long ago, so that they can have consistent new content releases post-release.
Hey look, we’ve turned into Reddit. An echo chamber of people nagging and whining because they can’t automatically get what they want.
Strawman harder.
You’re like everyone else and if you want the F1 just put in the work or shut the hell up.
No.

When I see in the poll that one person who bought MTX

james franco GIF

I do not plan to. I only get maybe an hour a day to play, so I will use what I win to race.
There is only 1 more car I want and if it shows in Hagerty’s before I can afford then I guess I’ll have to wait until the next time it comes around….

100% no yet I'm sure some of you bought the Anniversary edition...

EDIT: oops, I hadn't refreshed my screen. Oh well, point stands.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if the majority of people hate MTX. Even if 1% of players purchase additional credits, the developers are winning. It's not about pleasing the majority anymore, just gaining passive income

Back