Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
I'm happy with the new update and DLC, but some feedback PD should be aware of:

- The issue with having duplicate helmets and/or suits individually organized still exists.

Do you mean having something like helmet model-## then right beside it the same helmet? Did you have one gifted to you? Gifted items to my knowledge never show up combined with items you got in game not through a gift. You could buy 3 of the same car in the same color and it will show up as one paint swatch with a count of 3. Have that exact same paint gifted to you and you will now have 2 paint swatches, one with a count of 3 and one with 1. It's been like that since day one.

I've gotten duplicate helmets and suits that show up with a number 2 in the corner.

They mentioned the star system in Seasonals, but did they mention, prize ticket cars, for getting all stars in seasonal event?.......My wish came true.(Seasonal event prize cars)

It seems online racing no longer counts towards breaking-in cars' engines.

My GT-R Black has 89.3km and is still at the same 926hp.

ImprezaAddict
It seems online racing no longer counts towards breaking-in cars' engines.

My GT-R Black has 89.3km and is still at the same 926hp.

It never did. Online racing never added mileage.

I dont know whether its a new thing or not, but cycling through the views during a b-spec race there were two new camera views, one from the perspective of a passenger looking towards the steering wheel, the other as if a camera were in the passenger footwell aimed at the driver.

Edit : this was in a Lexus SC430 2008 GT1 car.

I dont know whether its a new thing or not, but cycling through the views during a b-spec race there were two new camera views, one from the perspective of a passenger looking towards the steering wheel, the other as if a camera were in the passenger footwell aimed at the driver.

That depends on which premium car you are driving. They all have different interior view points.

Do you mean having something like helmet model-## then right beside it the same helmet? Did you have one gifted to you? Gifted items to my knowledge never show up combined with items you got in game not through a gift. You could buy 3 of the same car in the same color and it will show up as one paint swatch with a count of 3. Have that exact same paint gifted to you and you will now have 2 paint swatches, one with a count of 3 and one with 1. It's been like that since day one.

I've gotten duplicate helmets and suits that show up with a number 2 in the corner.

I haven't seen the issue happen with paint chips, chips gotten personally anyhow, I think those are being organized fine. All my suits and helmets I've won myself though and duplicates aren't piled together. I imagine if I bought the racing gear pack again it'd be the same thing.

Just realized that after the update, when you exit a seasonal event, it takes you back to the seasonal race series screen which is very cool. used to just send you back out to the GT Life main screen so you would have to re-enter the series you wanted and pick the next race. Always thought about why it did this. Now I don't have too. Love that feature.

Just realized that after the update, when you exit a seasonal event, it takes you back to the seasonal race series screen which is very cool. used to just send you back out to the GT Life main screen so you would have to re-enter the series you wanted and pick the next race. Always thought about why it did this. Now I don't have too. Love that feature.

Very much so a cool feature, yes. 👍

Something worth noticing, if you enter your garage through the entry requirements box, it'll automatically filter out the cars that aren't eligible for the event. Whereas if you press square to go to you garage, all your cars will be listed.

Sleek Stratos
Something worth noticing, if you enter your garage through the entry requirements box, it'll automatically filter out the cars that aren't eligible for the event. Whereas if you press square to go to you garage, all your cars will be listed.

Not new; unfortunately ...

Also not new: when GT5 goes into demo mode (when inactive), you can cycle through the playbacks with R1 ...

Very much so a cool feature, yes. 👍

Noticed that one a while ago, but agreed. I always go into a seaonal with a car that doesnt meet the criteria so I can click the garage box and filter though the cars that do. Very good thing.

Cheers

Am i the only that has noticed that the trailing camera is defferent, and on the 86 is very close!

Yes I think they should tilt the camera a bit down and closer to the vehicle. Damn standards, if it isnt for them, the camera would be much closer to the car.

Noticed that one a while ago, but agreed. I always go into a seaonal with a car that doesnt meet the criteria so I can click the garage box and filter though the cars that do. Very good thing.

Cheers

I do that as well, although it's not perfect. It will obviously miss some cars that can have parts removed to qualify(power limiter notwithstanding), and sometimes it may have cars listed that you can't use, like for the compact car event - probably just can't sort by length.

EDIT: ^^ Free run online has also never added mileage, nor has racing against yourself. Not sure if they affect break-in.

Thetruth28

That is a good fix! I always wondered why they did that too...

Not sure if mentioned, but I'm pretty sure the track map in the top left when driving has been adjusted. Looks... thicker?

Not sure if mentioned, but I'm pretty sure the track map in the top left when driving has been adjusted. Looks... thicker?

I'd say so. I had to pull out the map while doing the Toscana race in the Japanese Classics seasonal, since my eyes were burned out of their sockets because of the glare of the sun on the horizon, and the lines of the map did indeed look touched up slightly.

Is there a master list as this thread bubbles along?

I went to check if a friend had added a track for me to try, when I went to the community tab and clicked his picture, the track icon and photo icon did not light up. I clicked another friend and it lit up. I think it is because he has nothing on share.

No problem.

Keep in mind that it's a master list from the article on the main page, NOT this thread, so I might be missing some stuff from here. It's fairly unlikely, though, I scanned through over 300 comments on that main page!

Anyone know if you can modify their sudden physics changes? All my setups are now rubbish because they were all made with the last physics set. I'd like to ease into the changes needed without feeling like I am starting the stupid game over. All my LMPs and Classic race cars (like the Ford GT40) are practically undriveable now because of the "new" physics. Took me forever to get setups that worked for my controller and driving style.

Back to square one.

Pretty lame to spend a year playing a game one way and having it all thrown out in one fell swoop without the ability to take "baby steps" into it.

You're correct. The only way I have found to drive a car without adding mileage is to make it a favorite and race it in Arcade Mode.

Actually, if you adjust your car's settings in arcade mode and race/drive with it, it'll accumulate mileage. The best thing to do is to adjust your car's settings in GT life mode first and then drive it in arcade mode.

Dont know if this is already posted or not but ABS has been tweaked a little.
It seems as if with the 2.02 ABS has been completely re-worked.
ABS turned off is actually a LOT more manageable , and you don't spin out as easy as apposed to the previous version of ABS.
ABS turned off is a lot more fun now (using a wheel/controller) IMO.

Yep, ABS off seems more manageable. 👍

I'm actually pissed off about the reduce camera shake, I took the Ferrari 458 Italia on Circuit de la Sarthe and the shake that made it so intense on the straights was dramatically reduce. It's like GT5 turned in the Forza 4 level of shake in this video

Back