Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
1. It is now much easier to spin the AI cars out. It is also easier for you to spin out. The offline "physics" now seem to more closely match the online "physics".

2. Going into the dirt at Laguna Seca is a semi-dangerous venture now. The effect is similar to hydroplaning. This is especially noticeable at the Rahal Straight. My car plowed straight into the wall and I had the wheel (stick) fully turned. Before you could actually gain time going into the dirt.

Dont know if this is already posted or not but ABS has been tweaked a little.
It seems as if with the 2.02 ABS has been completely re-worked.
ABS turned off is actually a LOT more manageable , and you don't spin out as easy as apposed to the previous version of ABS.
ABS turned off is a lot more fun now (using a wheel/controller) IMO.

ENTERSANDMAN13
You can now select what track you want when entering "my lounge".

That's only for the first time. It resets after an update. If you open it again it won't give you the option.

I was excited when I saw the HUD options.

But you still can't choose just to have the lap times and the tyre temperatures and fuel gauge. :/ You have to have the whole speedometer on, apart from the suggested brake/gear indicator, which makes it largely pointless.

So, is it not possible to have only fuel/tire wear on the HUD? I am confused now as I think I read on another thread/post that this was possible.

And is it me, or does the paint on the cars seem......different? They seem to have a much more metallic look to them.

It must not be you, I saw it too. I'm pretty sure they're more shiny and reflective rather then metallic like.

I'll have to check, tried to drive after the update on the Nur in behind car camera view.
The camera pivots with the turning of the car, in a strange way, A bit like room spin.

It's more like those floating compasses. Horrific, way to go PD, too long in that view and you could easily get seasick!

And those who bought the DLC twice get the FT-86 Concept II and those who bought it three times get the Subaru BR-Z (i think, can someone confirm this last one?)

I can confirm, as I accidentally bought the package DLC three times. :ouch:
But having three of every GT paint is almost worth the near $40 I spent. :yuck:

I don't know if this has already been said, but for G25/G27 clutch users the car shoots MASSIVE epic flames when speed shifting. I know it did this before, but now it is incredible. It basically shoots flames any time the clutch is activated while the accelerator is still down some. I get 2 shots of fire with each upshift now.. one when the clutch goes down and once when it comes back up.

Looks absolutely sick.

I don't know if this has already been said, but for G25/G27 clutch users the car shoots MASSIVE epic flames when speed shifting. I know it did this before, but now it is incredible. It basically shoots flames any time the clutch is activated while the accelerator is still down some. I get 2 shots of fire with each upshift now.. one when the clutch goes down and once when it comes back up.

Looks absolutely sick.

works with every cars you drive ? :drool: ( oops ... on standart cars too ? )

works with every cars you drive ? :drool: ( oops ... on standart cars too ? )

Nah, it works best with cars with aftermarket exhausts. Also the bigger the engine, the bigger the flame. It does work on standard cars too (with custom exhaust) 👍

I may make a video of this later. I noticed it shoots flames primarily when you get back on the gas now. This may seem insignificant, but it's the little things :sly:

I noticed that the dirt accumulating on cars at dirt tracks is solid and not transparent anymore... It actually looks like the car is getting dirty with dust and not a dusty clearcoat.

May have been mentioned already, but I just noticed it.

For those that race with your map zoomed in, the edges of said map are now a lot sharper.

ChrisGT

Looks absolutely sick.

I like flames!

I hope for the next update they can make it so we can choose which filter we want to watch replays with, clearly it's doable all they have to do now is mkae it so we can control it during the replay and not have it locked when we are playing

Last edited:
Hey guy wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem. Haven't been able to load the red bull challenge and it's been over 6 months. Any ideas

I think they tweaked the physics a little. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing GT5:Prologue. IMO of course. :)

Also when my FF drivetrain car did a burnout, the smoke just seems to go straight through my car. Like smoke being emitted from the front tires and passing out from the back of my car.

Back