Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
With all due respect to pd and kaz I bow to them for this support but when is there going to be a update about this really anoying screen tear apart from that ****ing awsome stuff kaz and his fantastic team

Can you switch off the flags/usernames above cars while keeping other HUD elements? I hope this can be done by removing the driver list.
I can't wait to get home and try this update!

My only gripe with this update is the fact that now there's no way to remove the flags. They're there even if you have everything else off.

AI driving is much competitive now.

Race leaders (2-3 cars) are running really good pace and there is no *brake/overtake* policy.

Nice stuff there 👍

This surprised me. Also, I noticed that the wind noise seems to be more prominent. Try the roof cam. This I may be behind on, but some engines sound better. May be placebo effect though.

This surprised me. Also, I noticed that the wind noise seems to be more prominent. Try the roof cam. This I may be behind on, but some engines sound better. May be placebo effect though.

I don't think it's placebo. I hear in cockpit view more exhaust and less intake and gear whine. At least I think so.

OK8
My only gripe with this update is the fact that now there's no way to remove the flags. They're there even if you have everything else off.

They go away for two months and come back and one designer has had the bright idea of allowing us to set up our own UI. He kinda half did that (forgetting a couple of the elements), but also some other guy had the idea to flick a switch and force some of them on, where we could previously turn them off.

Also, neither of them wrote it down in the change log. SWEET!

Why don't they list all changes in the changelog, anyway?
Especially since important ones seem to be missing.

To surprise players doesn't seem a valid reason to me.

It made my tracks worth a unlimited amount of money more. Before, it was useless, as anyone would race in only anyway.

I think i'll ignore any complainers from now on. You guys complain about everything, even about buying.

Cheap 🤬 and no I don't mean Happy Xmas

Really dude? What about guys from countries without PS Store.

They go away for two months and come back and one designer has had the bright idea of allowing us to set up our own UI. He kinda half did that (forgetting a couple of the elements), but also some other guy had the idea to flick a switch and force some of them on, where we could previously turn them off.

Also, neither of them wrote it down in the change log. SWEET!

Not a big deal though. Only annoying when you're racing a night duel around the ring with no hud on. It slightly ruins the immersion.

But in normal races you don't really notice it and it makes it easy to watch out for certain players.

Anyway I just wish the flags had a similar checkbox as everything else. I guess they'll add it in the next patch.

I paid for the DLC pack and am very happy they stopped people from being able to race them who haven't paid for it. Why should I have to pay for the tracks when anyone else can drive them anyway?

Stop complaining people. It's not a lot of money, buy the DLC to support the features and added content they are bringing us and quit whining like a bunch of babies.

They should add the option to go open with the roadsters vehicles. I miss that feature from GT4:(

I just found a Chevy SSR in the UCD. I was so hoping for this to happen. I know PD can do it since it's only a couple of cars that already have an interior modeled in GT4.

-US Spec Nissan 350Z Convertible
-Chevy SSR
-BMW Z4 (not sure if there's a standard one)
-MGB (havn't seen it)
-Honda Beat
-TVR Griffith (a must!)
-Fiat Barchetta (I know it's there but I havn't seen it.)

If they do what they did with the Prowler to this cars, then I would be one happy dude.

I've had the 'photo effects' glitch happen to me, it was fun at first but when I realised that is was locked onto ALL of the camera angles it soon became somewhat irritating. I had to reset to get it back to normal......Anyway, not including the 'glitch', the stock replays now seem to have a lens flare effect, which is a nice addition.

Something seems to have happened to the image quality that has a significant effect on 3D racing in GT5. Before this update, GT5 in 3D was so-so and not as good as some other games (like Motorstorm) and there was a clear difference between the best setting for bumper view and cockpit view (convergence setting being the most important). Now that difference has mostly gone and every track I have tried so for looks a lot better than before (in 3D).

Can someone confirm this?

Just noticed something;

While using the GT86 at Spa, going up Eau Rogue (sp?), the back end of the GT86 seem's lowered? Then once I get to the top, where it's flat, the back end is back to normal.

Did it always do that? Because Gravity?

I don't know, can someone explain. :)

which A-spec races have been culled? Proper A-spec, not the seasonals. Thanks for any info.

edit: never mind, I have been told no A-spec races have been removed.

Last edited:
The GT Life navigation commands have been reverted to how they were prior to Spec II. No more accidentally selecting Practice instead of GT Life.

I have to be brutally honest about the seasonal races. The ones taken down were there for a LONG time. If you or anyone else didn't do them after all that time, it's your own fault. And even the F1 isn't an excuse with the 200% bonus and 200k (400k with bonus) seasonal races up for grinding. Just a couple nights ago I went from 10 million to 20 million in a couple hours of grinding, and that was with buying any used car I didn't have every 5 races aside from multi-million dollar rides.

I am sorry, but there's no excuse that could make me feel bad for anyone who missed any of the seasonals that were taken down tonight. I don't care if there was no expire date. It's Seasonal Events......and those things have been up there since the summer. Welcome to Winter. Not trying to be too harsh, but really........

👍

When you click someone's name in 'Community', the Photo and Track icons will now be highlighted if that user has any Photos/Tracks uploaded. No more wasting time checking if the user has or hasn't uploaded pics/tracks.

Is there a confirm yes/no when you click on exit race? Does the game pause when you press the PS button?

Or are we still in the dark ages?

I also think the Tokyo Sky Tower you can see in the distance if you race the Tokyo Reverse is getting bigger with each update.

Just noticed something;

While using the GT86 at Spa, going up Eau Rogue (sp?), the back end of the GT86 seem's lowered? Then once I get to the top, where it's flat, the back end is back to normal.

Did it always do that? Because Gravity?

I don't know, can someone explain. :)

In general, I too noticed the GT86 tends to have a lot of rear squat when driving with the stock suspension.

I noticed that the stock GT86 uses 6 Kg/mm spring hardness for front suspensions and 2 Kg/mm for rear suspensions. I feel there's something wrong with this, but it might have to do with suspension geometry (still I'm not sure that GT5 has that much detail - chances are that stock suspension settings for this car aren't working like they're supposed to).

Back